IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

O'Neill did a disgraceful job at Villa - the money he wasted was a joke, then when he couldn't get anymore he spat his dumy out. Lower league football = Scottish Prem and he was at a very big club there who really were taking part in a two horse race. Many managers can go to a Leicester and motivate some average players to play a level above. He is so full of his own self importance it's unreal - one of the worst managers i've ever seen.

Hughes has used all his chances in management and the way he behaved over Lescott means no way.

Laudrup maybe slightly ovger Martinez, my concern with Martinez is defensively, but he can get stubbs and the rest of our defensive backroom to sort that. Let him teach them to play.

I didnt think he did too bad a job to start with at Villa, he bought some shit players as every manager does now and again, but he did make big profits on Milner and Young. He got them playing good counter attacking football with Agbonlahor and Young down the wings, Carew was very good in 2009 as far as i can remember, he got the best out of Barry and Milner in the centre his defence was nothing more than decent. But he has them in the top 4 in March and if it wasn't for a late collapse would have got Champions League football, yes thats his fault but i believe that is better than what a Shite manager would have done. I wouldn't have seen Phil Brown or Paul Jewell doing that. They are shite managers, O'Neils decent, nothing more nothing less and i don't even like him as a person.

Martinez for me as he's had longer to prove himself, im not too sure about Laudrups record in spain but judging him after one season in the prem which is what most are doing is a little premature if you ask me

United Fan here as well. This is a sad day for united fans, obviously Moyes is the best replacement available, but still no one can replace SAF, at least not right away. so we do know how you are feelings, and I think both sets of fans would rather keep things the way they were. Having said that, this could be good for both clubs. I think both clubs need new challenges and for everton, it's even better since you can get martinez who I believe would do an even better Job at everton than moyes in terms of tactics and in the market he's slightly better, The only downside is that moyes tends to get more out of the players (main reason united went for him). I really hope though that at least fellaini doesn't come over. he's a cracking player but he's not made for our style of football. If baines comes it would be cool but honestly, we don't really need people at LB, esp for 20m. I was really looking for a marquee signing this summer, I am afraid this maybe out of the window now with thrifty DM in charge, old habbits die hard. I do hope however he will play some players more often, like hernandez and some less often like welbeck and cleverly and get rid of nani and ando. Also, maybe we can switch baines for valencia.

Only got the news a few moments ago and in a damn rush so keeping it quick, but this is a surprise.

Never would have expected it, and what the fuck were they thinking. All to do with Moyes being a recognized figure that has done well in his 10 years, but hasn't actually won anything. It was a shock when Ferguson said he was going, at the time of annoucement, but this is an ever greater surprise. It's simply a bizarre choice and don't think it will work for them. Moyes doesn't have the winning mentality in order to succeed at such a rival club. Can't fit much in today but feel a sense of relief that Moyes has finally gone. Was never going to win anything with the Scot, and it will be interesting, if nothing else, to see how he does next season in Manchester.

Bizarre appointment, just a multitude of sensations. Surprise, relief, sadness, it's all those things. Yes I've berated him, along with a great many others, but he's been here since 2002 and has made a name for himself. I wish him well and take this opportunity to thank him for his services at Goodison Park

United Fan here as well. This is a sad day for united fans, obviously Moyes is the best replacement available, but still no one can replace SAF, at least not right away. so we do know how you are feelings, and I think both sets of fans would rather keep things the way they were. Having said that, this could be good for both clubs. I think both clubs need new challenges and for everton, it's even better since you can get martinez who I believe would do an even better Job at everton than moyes in terms of tactics and in the market he's slightly better, The only downside is that moyes tends to get more out of the players (main reason united went for him). I really hope though that at least fellaini doesn't come over. he's a cracking player but he's not made for our style of football. If baines comes it would be cool but honestly, we don't really need people at LB, esp for 20m. I was really looking for a marquee signing this summer, I am afraid this maybe out of the window now with thrifty DM in charge, old habbits die hard. I do hope however he will play some players more often, like hernandez and some less often like welbeck and cleverly and get rid of nani and ando. Also, maybe we can switch baines for valencia.

Its going to be interesting to see how Moyes gets on. No doubt Moyes is a top manager and not just of the first team squad but of the club in general and I think that is probably why Utd picked him if I am honest. Most of the players who have played under him really rate him as a manager and he does get that extra few % out of players who have it in them but dont always show it (Pienaar, Osman, Lescott, Jags & Coleman spring to mind) but its also fair to say he doesnt always utilise the players he has correctly (mainly attacking/flair players). Tactically he is a little naive which is a stark contrast to the wiley fox that is Ferguson and whilst Moyes will keep that team ethic together. It will be fascinating to see how he gets on in the big games (especially away from home) and in Europe.

Overall Moyes has taken us from the brink of the First Division to a top 8 regular putting in all the hard work and foundations that the club desperately needed. I wish him well and I hope he does a good job but if I am brutally honest I wouldnt be surprised if he fell a little bit short when managing one of the big boys. Having said that Mancini managed to win the title with City so there is hope for anyone! smile.png

How do you know he's not a red?

Just because he's Bolivian, he's not a red......makes sence!

True.

He's been a member for a couple of years and has never done anything to suggest he's a Liverpool fan, if he was here on the wind up he'd have done something before now I'd have thought.

Was just pointing out that as a non English speaker he might have a bit more trouble being understood than some.

Personally I don't think accusing him of being a red because you don't agree with his opinion makes a whole lot of sense either.

Only got the news a few moments ago and in a damn rush so keeping it quick, but this is a surprise.

Never would have expected it, and what the fuck were they thinking. All to do with Moyes being a recognized figure that has done well in his 10 years, but hasn't actually won anything. It was a shock when Ferguson said he was going, at the time of annoucement, but this is an ever greater surprise. It's simply a bizarre choice and don't think it will work for them. Moyes doesn't have the winning mentality in order to succeed at such a rival club. Can't fit much in today but feel a sense of relief that Moyes has finally gone. Was never going to win anything with the Scot, and it will be interesting, if nothing else, to see how he does next season in Manchester.

Bizarre appointment, just a multitude of sensations. Surprise, relief, sadness, it's all those things. Yes I've berated him, along with a great many others, but he's been here since 2002 and has made a name for himself. I wish him well and take this opportunity to thank him for his services at Goodison Park

This must be a really good day for those that wanted Moyes out!

True.

He's been a member for a couple of years and has never done anything to suggest he's a Liverpool fan, if he was here on the wind up he'd have done something before now I'd have thought.

Was just pointing out that as a non English speaker he might have a bit more trouble being understood than some.

Personally I don't think accusing him of being a red because you don't agree with his opinion makes a whole lot of sense either.

His grammar really isn't a problem (might be to some).

what are you on about now?

2i0 was being accused as a kopite, due to some of his responses. Mike sticks up for him, pointing out that maybe hes being misunderstood because of a language barrier.

Nothing to do with correcting 2i0s grammar. you need to let this "Mike is picking on people" thing, because its bullshit. If youve got a problem, go to PM, and leave this thread on topic please.

Edited by Matt

what are you on about now?

2i0 was being accused as a kopite, due to some of his responses. Mike sticks up for him, pointing out that maybe hes being misunderstood because of a language barrier.

Nothing to do with correcting 2i0s grammar. you need to let this "Mike is picking on people" thing, because its bullshit. If youve got a problem, go to PM, and leave this thread on topic please.

What the fuck are YOU on about?......I'm saying his grammar isn't a problem, maybe it is to others!

I didn't mention his grammer, I was talking about his posts looking like a wind up.

Edited by Blue 250

Why i would be a kopite? if you didnt liked my comments its ur problem not mine thats all. cheers!

pd:btw my native language isn't eng, and yeh sometimes i get wrong with the grammar.

What the fuck are YOU on about?......I'm saying his grammar isn't a problem, maybe it is to others!

I didn't mention his grammer, I was talking about his posts looking like a wind up.

then my bad. you quoting Mike and bringing up grammar (you were first to mention it, like Romey said, noone else had), thought it was another needless pop. apologies if this wasnt the intent....

Edited by Matt

then my bad. you quoting Mike and bringing up grammar (you were first to mention it, like Romey said, noone else had), thought it was another needless pop. apologies if this wasnt the intent....

Fine no problem!...He pointed out the poster was 'a non English speaker, who some may have problems understnding', to me that's the same thing as 'grammar'.How 2i0 writes really doesn't bother me, what he writes tends to make me think he's on a wind up...."a mass exodus of players, the new Wigan" and a few other daft thoughts.Now I'm all for freedom of speech and he is pretty funny, I feel I have the right to challange him as a rs!!

I don't really give a shit either way, I think Martinez would be a decent choice, I'd like to think he could come here with no pressure from Evertonians for a couple of seasons.Didn't he turn liverpool down, that would help endare him to many Everton fans.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130513/tim-howard-david-moyes-robbie-rogers-mls/

Tim Howard speaks:

Unless you've been under a rock and missed it, the big news in world soccer over the past week has been the retirement announcement of legendary Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and the naming of his successor, Everton's David Moyes. U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard has played for both Ferguson (from 2003 to '06) and Moyes (from '06 to now), and when I spoke to Howard over the weekend he called Moyes "a mountain of a man" and said he will succeed at United when he steps into Ferguson's very big shoes.

"It's a fantastic opportunity for David Moyes. I'm so pleased for him," Howard said. "People like to say [Moyes and Ferguson] are carbon copies, but they're not. They have a similar Scottish background, and that fiery Scottish blood, that's all there. But in general terms they're each their own individual person."

Moyes has regularly outperformed Everton's expectations and transfer-market spending, and while he didn't win a trophy in his 10 seasons there, Howard doesn't think that should be a problem for Moyes at United.

WAHL: There will never be another manager like Ferguson

"The manager has done an incredible job at Everton," he said. "Everton hasn't won any trophies in the last 10 years because, quite frankly, we go into competitions as underdogs and you have to play top football over a long period of time to win the trophy. We've been very close very often, and he's put us in the position to win silverware. We just haven't been able to do that."

As for the huge global expectations that come with managing Manchester United, Howard said, "David Moyes is well-prepared for that. He has not only the experience but also the potential to win trophies. And that's what he's going to go there and do."
Over the years, Moyes has been willing to put his faith in US players, including Howard, Landon Donovan and Brian McBride. So I asked Howard if he thinks we might see more Americans heading to Manchester United now.

"The fact he likes the American soccer player and our attitude and all the things we bring to the table, I'd imagine if there's a player good enough to play at Man United he wouldn't be overlooked," Howard said. "But it's more complicated than just, 'David Moyes goes to Manchester United, therefore more Americans will follow.'"

One trait that Howard said Moyes and Ferguson most definitely share is their unwillingness to let any player coast. Howard told the story of his first high-profile game with Manchester United, the 2003 Community Shield, which United won on penalties against Arsenal. In the first half, Arsenal's Thierry Henry scored on a wicked free kick.

"I thought it was a good free kick, thought my wall was fine," Howard said. "But Ferguson didn't think the wall was set up correctly, and he let me know about it 45 minutes after my first game. He never let anybody off the hook."

Moyes is just as unwilling to compromise, Howard said.

"I've been here seven years, and I can honestly tell you every day I go out to training I still have nerves when I get in front of Moyes," he explained. "If a bad goal goes in in training, he'll have a go at me and say something. There's pressure even now, and I've played hundreds of games for him."

Howard has had another solid season at Everton, which will end up finishing sixth in the Premier League and would clinch its highest season point total during Howard's seven-year tenure (66) if the Toffees can beat Chelsea on Sunday. Whoever ends up replacing Moyes at Everton -- one of the favorites is Wigan's Roberto Martínez -- Howard thinks Moyes has left an infrastructure in place for the club to continue doing well.

From a personal perspective, Howard is balancing his happiness for Moyes with the sadness that he's leaving Everton.

"I love his character and loved playing for him and the belief he had in me as a player," Howard said. "I'll miss him dearly."

Go away rs!

Do you remember this post?

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24486-dks-random-facts/page-4

The minute I saw DK use the name 'johnathan' as in Morrissey, instead of as most who can remember or even care 'Johnny', I put it down to DK's traits.

DK's a one off, sometimes rude, sometimes funny and sometimes from a different planet.Thing is he keeps posting, isn't that what keeps forums alive.

There has to be a reason why a forum that on face value looks as good or better than any other Everton forum can't attract regular new posters.If you lost say five long term members this forum would probably dry up.I don't understand why people register then never post, or don't even register, but I would say that picking up on spelling mistakes or slightly wrong 'names' surely doesn't require a major piss take.

I made a post way back about some kind of fact concerning Everton, relevent to this season.....just happened to miss the 'r' out of Everton!.......fuck me, no remarks about the relavent fact, instead it became a post about 'Eveton' (think it was the r I missed).

Point is new posters are probably put off for fear of getting something wrong!!

What a friggin shame.

I personally think a moderator should set examples.

Can any other member offer up reasons as to why this forum seems to attract such little new blood, I would have thought this really could be 'the' place for Evertonians.

There are some very good members on here, they deserve more people to share their views with.There is certainly a place for people like DK, he's different, but aren't we all!

dont%20know.gif