IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

we need someone to keep the passion and pride running high while martinez might be a good manager ( remember we got david from preston ) i really cant help but think do we need a manager whos only qualification is fighting relegation for 2 seasons winning fa cup and getting relegated somehow i think we should be aiming higher, in my humble opinion there are really 3 choices and all still at the club

Neville : knows the team was the club capt but no experiance

stubbs : passionate and a good man manager but still

duncan ferguson my choice personally fiery no one more passionate towards the club and would really raise the pride in the stands plus he can scare any ref into giving us the decisions

None of them have the necessary licence to manage a prem club as far as I know.

You are saying no to a manager that has experience from PL and won the FA cup but yes to 3 players with no experience what so ever?

Sorry for negativity, i love all 3 but not as managers of my beloved Everton.

Welcome to the forum :)

You are saying no to a manager that has experience from PL and won the FA cup but yes to 3 players with no experience what so ever?

Welcome to the forum smile.png

Martinez - As a player

Real Zaragoza Copa del Rey (1): 1993–94
Wigan Athletic Football League Third Division (1): 1996–97
Football League Trophy (1): 1998–99
Swansea City Football League Trophy (1): 2005–06
As a manager
Swansea City Football League One (1): 2007–08
Wigan Athletic FA Cup (1): 2012–13

Neville - as a player
FA Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
FA Cup (3): 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
FA Community Shield (3): 1996, 1997, 2003
UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99
Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999

Not bad considering he won sod all in 8 years with us lol.

Knows the squad, knows the club, knows the Prem. I'm actually thinking he would be a good manager.

tongue.png

Edited by Avinalaff

Good enough for your avatar, but not for the job? happy.png

By the same logic, I assume you think Baines would make an excellent manager here? This has been my avatar for three years now, I'll likely switch it to Jags soon, and will continue to do so with the club captain of the time.

Welcome to the forum smile.png

yes i am saying that what pl experiance did moysey have before we chose him has manager we took a risk on him why not on big dunc

yes i am saying that what pl experiance did moysey have before we chose him has manager we took a risk on him why not on big dunc

11 years ago we were on the brink of relegation, Moyes was probably the best we could get. He did an amazing job with the club. Now we are a steady top 8 club, right now top 6 in the country. It is an attractive job for any manager. If we had money mangers like Mourinho etc would be interested in the job. Why settle for Stubbs, Neville or Big Dunc?

11 years ago we were on the brink of relegation, Moyes was probably the best we could get. He did an amazing job with the club. Now we are a steady top 8 club, right now top 6 in the country. It is an attractive job for any manager. If we had money mangers like Mourinho etc would be interested in the job. Why settle for Stubbs, Neville or Big Dunc?

Because we haven't got the money and the top managers would never go anywhere where they had to manage with one hand tied behind their backs

Yea sure, lets rule out the likes of Mourinho, they are not realistic, I agree BUT do we have to pick someone who isnt even a manager?

Its like owning a 2 star restaurant and loosing a star when the head chef leaves. You are still a 1 star restaurant but would you replace the head chef with the fuckin valet parking guy?

No you would hire a new chef from another 1 star restaurant.

Don't get me wrong Peter I would be very disappointed if we do promote anyone from the backroom staff into the managers seat, but to be honest I am decidedly underwhelmed with any of the candidates linked to the job so far.

Benitez is probably the best of the bunch but I despise him, Laudrup looks a non starter and I don't really know anything about the Portuguese fella so I'm kind of pinning my hopes on Martinez, but even he worries me

I know any new manager is going to be a gamble but as Howard Kendall said the other night Martinez has had years to sort out Wigans defence and has failed miserably to do so, his Premiership record is woeful , albeit with mitigating circumstances, but on the other hand I do quite like him and admire his brand of attacking football. I wouldn't mind seeing him with someone like Neville as his number 2 but I get the impression Martinez wouldn't go for that. I think the bottom line is that we simply cant attract any of the top managers so gambling on a young manager with potential makes sense

Don't get me wrong Peter I would be very disappointed if we do promote anyone from the backroom staff into the managers seat, but to be honest I am decidedly underwhelmed with any of the candidates linked to the job so far.

Benitez is probably the best of the bunch but I despise him, Laudrup looks a non starter and I don't really know anything about the Portuguese fella so I'm kind of pinning my hopes on Martinez, but even he worries me

I know any new manager is going to be a gamble but as Howard Kendall said the other night Martinez has had years to sort out Wigans defence and has failed miserably to do so, his Premiership record is woeful , albeit with mitigating circumstances, but on the other hand I do quite like him and admire his brand of attacking football. I wouldn't mind seeing him with someone like Neville as his number 2 but I get the impression Martinez wouldn't go for that. I think the bottom line is that we simply cant attract any of the top managers so gambling on a young manager with potential makes sense

Have a read on that Thomas Tuchel bloke in the other thread Dunc, he sounds as though he maybe quite promising, not sure BK would go for a foreigner though.

I agree with everything that you say apart from not being able to attract any top managers. Im sure theres a few out there that would be chuffed to bits if they were given a chance a Everton.

Martinez with Neville or Stubbs does actually sound very interesting.

I have nothing against Stubbs, Neville or big Dunk. I hope they get the chance to manage Everton some day. I just want them to learn their trade somewhere else. Tranmere, Reading etc

What Neville thinks and some others (on how Moyes fits in at Manchester United) is good enough, but I thought from day one that it's a custard and gravy partnership. No-one stays at the top forever and they have to fall away again at some point in time, and not suggesting they'll go back to how it was under Atkinson in the mid 1980s, but always remain adamant that David Moyes was simply not the name to take over. Don't read Red Cafe much, but you can imagine there must have been a certain level of discontention with the new successor.

I have mixed feelings on this. I think Moyes did an excellent job and I'm sad to see him go. I'm happy that he saw through his contract and not leaving us in the lurch during mid season, I think he will do a good job for Man Utd but at the same time I'm a little peeved that he left us for what I would consider to be a rival club. I'm also concerned that the people who are left to make the appointment of his replacement may be a little 'outmoded'.

I agree Louis. I wish him well though.

I'm also a bit worried about who gets the job. I hope they go for someone a bit forward thinking.

I wouldnt mind Martinez if he had someone like Stubbs or Weir with him to look after the defence, or even Neville.

I wish I understood what is the exact situation now regarding his contract(s) and who he's working for. SSN just carried a quote from him about Ferdinand signed a new deal and he's described as "David Moyes, Manchester United manager". Yet - as far as I understand - he's still contracted as our manager until 30th June. I know he said in an interview that he'd be doing a bit of two jobs for a few weeks, and maybe it's just SSN and their wording, but presumably SAF is also still contracted to Man Utd as manager until the end of June, too.

I dunno, I think it's just peeing me off that Man Utd have had this seamless changeover and are discussing their summer transfers, while we're the club left searching for a manager when - unless some deal has been done with Moyes and Man Utd - in theory we still have one!