IGNORED

Moyes To United (Confirmed, Moyes leaves at end of 2012/13 season)

I dont see the point in him staying until the end of the season really other than to give him a send off on Sunday

I just hope we get the right manager in early. I can just see it now come transfer deadline day we will bring the manager in at 23:00 and be looking for our new summer signings in the lst hour of the window

I dont see the point in him staying until the end of the season really other than to give him a send off on Sunday

I just hope we get the right manager in early. I can just see it now come transfer deadline day we will bring the manager in at 23:00 and be looking for our new summer signings in the lst hour of the window

You've posted exactly what I was thinking!

i can't see this dunc, it would play straight into the Blue Unions hands, they would love it. Kenwright needs to sort it early otherwise the BU will be after his blood violent.gif

More worried about a potential exodus of players myself..

Edited by Simon

Maybe the Blue Union will pick up on the "the search for a replacement starts immediately"

Seriously?! What is going on at the club - have they never heard of 'flight risk' and 'succession planning'. Moyes not signing a contract was a flight risk - the search should have begun months ago.

Im a united fan and thought i'd sign up and see how you lot are taking the news about Moyes leaving, how he will fare at united and who you think will be replacing him?. You must be feeling pretty similar to how us united fans are feeling right now. I was absolutely gutted yesterday morning when i heard the news confirmed that Fergie was leaving. Worst feeling football wise that i have ever felt but after having time to get used to it and to the idea of Moyes taking over i believe he is the right man. He's done an excellent job with you lot. Forgive me if im wrong as i was born in 92 so can only clearly remember the last 10 years but were you not midtable or lower for the few years before he joined? Yes you were and still are one of Englands biggest clubs but at the time you only seemed as if you'd possibly go down if anything, then he takes over and has slowly built you back up. I remember hearing the other week how Moyes has built the club up, changing things from top to bottom, making his mark everywhere, making it his club so to speak, the same way Ferguson has. I believe he has many similar qualities, his ability to motivate, rebuild squads and also as i said the way he's made it into his club. So although i am sad that the greatest manager i have ever seen is bringing down the curtain on his incredible career, I am excited to see what Moyes brings.

Now onto Everton, obviously he is a massive loss to you and like me with united you're thinking "whoever we get wont be as good" but you never know, a change like Martinez who seems favourite could work out. A manager who has also worked on a pretty small budget and has overachieved. I do believe that is the way to go, someone new, someone whos more of a risk, instead of going down the Hughes/O'Neil route which would seem more of a safer bet. I have always had a soft spot for Everton. Probably because you're Liverpools rivals and because of Howard, Neville, Saha and now Gibson, so i do hope you get the right man, as i would love to see you in the top 4 over Spurs, Arsenal and the two Sugar Daddy clubs any day of the week.

One think for certain the next few days, weeks and the coming season will be extremely interesting for both clubs. Good luck :)

Maybe the Blue Union will pick up on the "the search for a replacement starts immediately"

Seriously?! What is going on at the club - have they never heard of 'flight risk' and 'succession planning'. Moyes not signing a contract was a flight risk - the search should have begun months ago.

You would like to think so haf, but with our boards track record i bet they thought they could just charm davie round at the end of the day no matter what happened.

we probably losing baines,coleman,fellaini,barkley,mirallas,howard.

What are you on!

Fellaini will go, Baines I'm not sure, unless Moyes keeps him under his wing at United.

Howard, Barkley and Coleman won't be going, Mirallas could go either way, but can't see him following Moyes to United.

Moyes will be the 6th Everton manager I've seen leave, life goes on and could be just as good if not better.

I would like to thank David Moyes for what he has done here at Everton, it was a good day for the club when he walked in.Let's hope the new man gets the fans and Bill behind him very quickly.

Im a united fan and thought i'd sign up and see how you lot are taking the news about Moyes leaving, how he will fare at united and who you think will be replacing him?. You must be feeling pretty similar to how us united fans are feeling right now. I was absolutely gutted yesterday morning when i heard the news confirmed that Fergie was leaving. Worst feeling football wise that i have ever felt but after having time to get used to it and to the idea of Moyes taking over i believe he is the right man. He's done an excellent job with you lot. Forgive me if im wrong as i was born in 92 so can only clearly remember the last 10 years but were you not midtable or lower for the few years before he joined? Yes you were and still are one of Englands biggest clubs but at the time you only seemed as if you'd possibly go down if anything, then he takes over and has slowly built you back up. I remember hearing the other week how Moyes has built the club up, changing things from top to bottom, making his mark everywhere, making it his club so to speak, the same way Ferguson has. I believe he has many similar qualities, his ability to motivate, rebuild squads and also as i said the way he's made it into his club. So although i am sad that the greatest manager i have ever seen is bringing down the curtain on his incredible career, I am excited to see what Moyes brings.

Now onto Everton, obviously he is a massive loss to you and like me with united you're thinking "whoever we get wont be as good" but you never know, a change like Martinez who seems favourite could work out. A manager who has also worked on a pretty small budget and has overachieved. I do believe that is the way to go, someone new, someone whos more of a risk, instead of going down the Hughes/O'Neil route which would seem more of a safer bet. I have always had a soft spot for Everton. Probably because you're Liverpools rivals and because of Howard, Neville, Saha and now Gibson, so i do hope you get the right man, as i would love to see you in the top 4 over Spurs, Arsenal and the two Sugar Daddy clubs any day of the week.

One think for certain the next few days, weeks and the coming season will be extremely interesting for both clubs. Good luck :)

I'm not gutted about Moyes leaving in the slightest tbh. My only concern is who the board will get to replace him.

You say Hughes and O'Neill are safe options. I'd disagree massively with that. They are both absolutely shite managers who would help us to drop like a stone.

Edited by Romey 1878

Go back to a rs forum!

Martinez tuned you down, probably a decent bloke then!

so what Martinez did for wigan?...hold them for relegation many times even with Valencia,Palacios,Rodallega, the only positive thing was he gave new fresh players to PremLeague.

I'm not gutted about Moyes leaving in the slightest tbh. My only concern is who the board will get to replace him.

You say Hughes and O'Neill are safe options. I'd disagree massively with that. They are both absolutely shite managers who would help us to drop like a stone.

whats wrong with O'Neill, he did well with villains till the club sold milner,barry,young,downing,etc.

whats wrong with O'Neill, he did well with villains till the club sold milner,barry,young,downing,etc.

how to put this simply....

hes shite at everything but man management. Wastes money prolifically, boring football... Shite.

Cheers davie, it's going to be odd watching you in Manchester Uniteds dug out, we've had some good times, I wish we'd had a few better ones, but you bought us stability and to be honest that is priceless, I just hope whoever comes in can continue that, and maybe a little bit more! Good luck!

Pick Martinez and we'll be a WIGAN at next season.

Whats that then??? Playing expansive attractive football, outplaying teams who have been built on millions more with players earning 5 times as much? Taking the game to the likes of Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea and beating them?

I'd take that, especially as his salary budget will be far bigger at Everton, the types of players he picks on .

It can be argued that Martinez has done a more impressive job in his time managing than Moyes has. Hasn't had as much time but definately in the same league

when i say safer options i should have said more in there playing styles, as i agree in the case of Hughes he's shit, O'Neil did a very good job at Celtic and Villa. What i mean by the playing styles is that although you lot play decent football your not afraid to go mix it up and go long when you need to, also you're style seems to depend a lot on commitment, being up for it, playing at a high tempo, closing down opponents These are things that i would associate with O'Neil. Whereas Martinez seems to always get wigan to pass, pass, pass, similar to Swansea. Now i can see some of your players being able to play this football, Osman, Mirallas and Barkley mainly but not all. Thats the reason i think it would be the safer option. Go with whats similar and even if its not as good the worst you'll probably do is 10th, but if Martinez comes in and tries to change it too much then it could get even worse.

when i say safer options i should have said more in there playing styles, as i agree in the case of Hughes he's shit, O'Neil did a very good job at Celtic and Villa. What i mean by the playing styles is that although you lot play decent football your not afraid to go mix it up and go long when you need to, also you're style seems to depend a lot on commitment, being up for it, playing at a high tempo, closing down opponents These are things that i would associate with O'Neil. Whereas Martinez seems to always get wigan to pass, pass, pass, similar to Swansea. Now i can see some of your players being able to play this football, Osman, Mirallas and Barkley mainly but not all. Thats the reason i think it would be the safer option. Go with whats similar and even if its not as good the worst you'll probably do is 10th, but if Martinez comes in and tries to change it too much then it could get even worse.

O'Neill did a disgraceful job at Villa - the money he wasted was a joke, then when he couldn't get anymore he spat his dumy out. Lower league football = Scottish Prem and he was at a very big club there who really were taking part in a two horse race. Many managers can go to a Leicester and motivate some average players to play a level above. He is so full of his own self importance it's unreal - one of the worst managers i've ever seen.

Hughes has used all his chances in management and the way he behaved over Lescott means no way.

Laudrup maybe slightly ovger Martinez, my concern with Martinez is defensively, but he can get stubbs and the rest of our defensive backroom to sort that. Let him teach them to play.