IGNORED

Sports Personality Of The Year

2 consecutive great years for british sport...

here's my seating plan guess - SAF and Moyes sat pretty much next to Murray - Fergie to get some sort of achievement award (already won the lifetime achievement though...)

OK, so Murray was in Miami, fergie was pictured numerous times..... but yeah they've created a new award for him .

OK, so Murray was in Miami, fergie was pictured numerous times..... but yeah they've created a new award for him .

He looked a bit uncomfortable sat next to Bradley Wiggens' wife when it looked like her left breast was making an escape bid :lol:.

Why is the kid same kid who started the show singing through his nose singing again over the guys who died this year? Hateful.

He looked a bit uncomfortable sat next to Bradley Wiggens' wife when it looked like her left breast was making an escape bid :lol:.

Why is the kid same kid who started the show singing through his nose singing again over the guys who died this year? Hateful.

I actually thought that, he seemed to take the applause for the people being remembered as it was for his singing.

• 11 months later...

This years nominees named.

Rory McIlroy, Gareth Bale, Max Whitlock, Lewis Hamilton, Adam Peaty, Lizzy Yarnold, Carl Froch, Charlotte Dujardin, Jo Pavey, Kelly Gallagher (and guide Charlotte Evans).

McIlroy will win it ahead of Hamilton but my vote would go to Jo Pavey for my favourite sporting moment of the year (Everton goals aside).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbvWJdIQYE

The whole thing's out of hand now imo, it was always studio based but now it travels around the country into big arenas and you have to pay for the tickets (£49.50 the cheapest option this year). Always been free to go to TV/radio programme recordings in the past, been to a few myself. I hate "progress" sometimes.

Other than Gareth Bale, I have no idea who any of those nominees are. What sports do they represent?

Rory McIlroy (golf), Gareth Bale, Max Whitlock (gymnastics), Lewis Hamilton (F1), Adam Peaty (swimming), Lizzy Yarnold (skeleton, google it), Carl Froch (boxing), Charlotte Dujardin (equestrian), Jo Pavey (athletics), Kelly Gallagher (and guide Charlotte Evans) (skiing).

Rory McIlroy (golf), Gareth Bale, Max Whitlock (gymnastics), Lewis Hamilton (F1), Adam Peaty (swimming), Lizzy Yarnold (skeleton, google it), Carl Froch (boxing), Charlotte Dujardin (equestrian), Jo Pavey (athletics), Kelly Gallagher (and guide Charlotte Evans) (skiing).

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to do that! Now you've explained F1, I realize that I'd heard the name Hamilton but just didn't know his first name. Since you mentioned 'guide' for Kelly Gallagher, I did a search. What a competitor to win a gold medal while visually impaired.

Carl Froch gets nominated????!!!! Sure they didn't mix him up with Carl Frampton?

I really dislike Froch - for a start he ain't all that he is cracked up to be and I can't wait for his arrogant ways to be halted by a big loss. He gets nominated for his fight with George Groves.... says it all.

• 3 weeks later...

Bookies have it quite tight between McIlroy and Hamilton, with McIlroy marginal favourite.

Third seems to be (according to them) between Jo Pavey and Gareth Bale. Said before my vote will go to Jo and I really hope she can squeeze a place on the podium, would be well deserved.

Hate that the whole thing has become SPOTY meets X-Factor though; why live music? What has that to do with sport? The whole evening will annoy the shit out of me but at least I won't have to hurl the TV out of the window like I did when Giggs and McCoy won in consecutive years.

Very surprised Hamilton won... I didnt think people liked him enough!

Very surprised also he smashed it as well, not arsed looking for the exact figures but he got well over 200,000 votes to McIlroys 120,000-ish. Jo Pavey got very nearly 100,000, made my night.

The bookies were convinced McIlroy had it, immediately before the result was announced he was 1/10.

• 2 years later...