IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

Ok will do.

Raise you Pelican, heres a taster:

Just noticed, I have the exact same SG and bass :lol:

Also, This Will Destroy You - Young mountain

Not sure what to think about Pelican, but I like This Will Destroy You. They play around where I live quite often(well within a couple of hours).

• 4 weeks later...

This is currently doing the rounds in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

"People think I am somewhat mental
They don't know I am very sentimental....
My teacher scolds me that I neglect education
She don't know I collect real education"

He also mentions he's a kids lover.

• 4 weeks later...

George bensons 60's soul jazz outings with brother Jack mcduff. I'm reading George's autobiography (fantastic read, he's a great story teller btw) and its pairing nicely.

Do you like Dave Weckl? You should listen to JK Special featuring Dave. Some good chops, even though slightly cheesy. I'm a drummer, so I may be biased towards the music.

yeah man he's great. i dig jazz fusion, so i'm familiar. that's cool you're a drummer, i'm a bassist but just play electric.

I've been playing about 15 years. I'm huge fan of prog rock/jazz fusion. Nice to see another who likes jazz. I really like the slow-paced/smooth and technical side of jazz. Have any suggestions?

I've been playing about 15 years. I'm huge fan of prog rock/jazz fusion. Nice to see another who likes jazz. I really like the slow-paced/smooth and technical side of jazz. Have any suggestions?

for that kind of stuff weather report (heavy weather, black market), return to forever (light as a feather, where have i known you before), jeff beck (blow by blow, wired, live with jan hammer group).

as a drummer check out tony williams lifetime, he's like the godfather of jazz fusion drums, he's usually in most drummers top ten.

those are some of my jazz fusion favorites. all 70's classics but have that technical stuff with some nice ballads as well.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen a single mention of Max Bygraves 'You're a Pink Toothbrush' on this thread. Strange that. :rofl:

I had to listen to Max for many years due to work. Made my ears bleed. He got a bit eccentric towards the end of his career, once he'd been dropped from his last recording contract he decided to record and release an album himself. He decided he wanted the cover to be a picture of him in a graveyard (Max by graves, geddit?) but my boss managed to talk him out of it (I was sat in his office listening to the phone conversation) because it would put off his target audience :lol:.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic. My Dad was a pianist and before the war he played at various places in Liverpool. The Bears Paw, Reeces,

Lewis's. He was in the Fire Service during the war and worked on the fire at Lewis's when it was bombed. After the war he had a sextet and played at the Ocean Club. He also did a lot of broadcasting for BBC Manchester. He did several Northern Variety Bandbox, Music While You Work and Workers Playtime. He also had a piano solo programme called Flippant Fingers. I still have some Radio Times cuttings from Northern Variety Bandbox. One programme included Peter Sellers when he was an impersonator - Peter Sellers and his voices.

I have several 78's which are recordings of his sextet on Northern Variety Bandbox and I have had them transferred onto CD. Listen to them quite often. His sextet was 'The Charles Henesy Sextet'.

My two brothers were professional musicians, one a pianist, but the music teacher sent me home with a note to my parents telling them they were wasting their money! I didn't mind at the time as it meant I could play football instead.