IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

only Bowie song i like tbh,

I liked Ziggy Stardust at the time....my brother bought it the day it came out (around the same time time we got two cats....called them Ziggy & Stardusttongue.png ).

Disappeared up his own arse soon after and has been going further up ever since (Bowie not my brother). Hateful pretentious crap music.

I liked Ziggy Stardust at the time....my brother bought it the day it came out (around the same time time we got two cats....called them Ziggy & Stardusttongue.png ).

Disappeared up his own arse soon after and has been going further up ever since (Bowie not my brother). Hateful pretentious crap music.

I just find him a bit weird tbh Mike i can't get my head round him, he never seems to age either if you notice, some serious surgery gone on there

Clearly you never heard any Barrett era Pink Floyd then Pete? that makes the laughing gnome seem normal smile.png

Born in the 80s so only really knew Another Brick In The Wall, but wasnt really into music as a kid. Never got into them now I'm older (went more towards Bowie), my mate was into them at uni but overkilled it for me. Really didnt get The Pros and Cons to Hitchhiking, Simple Minds, or Fleetwood Mac. Prefer more on the lines of Yes, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, Kinks, and King Crimson. Not so good with dates think similar-ish music/eras apart from the Kinks being a bit earlier.

Tend to bounce between Neil Young, Paul Weller, Counting Crows, Mazzy Star, Modest Mouse, Radiohead, and The Kills.

Born in the 80s so only really knew Another Brick In The Wall, but wasnt really into music as a kid. Never got into them now I'm older (went more towards Bowie), my mate was into them at uni but overkilled it for me. Really didnt get The Pros and Cons to Hitchhiking, Simple Minds, or Fleetwood Mac. Prefer more on the lines of Yes, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, Kinks, and King Crimson. Not so good with dates think similar-ish music/eras apart from the Kinks being a bit earlier.

Tend to bounce between Neil Young, Paul Weller, Counting Crows, Mazzy Star, Modest Mouse, Radiohead, and The Kills.

Now we are talking some good music there bro, unusual as well to find someone into Mazzy Star, they are well cool, most people don't even know them other than that Gears of War advert, great band Edited by theprisoner

Now we are talking some good music there bro, unusual as well to find someone into Mazzy Star, they are well cool, most people don't even know them other than that Gears of War advert, great band

Stumbled across there album on youtube, wish I'd known sooner the lead singer is very easy on the eye. 5 string serenade, Umbilical, and All your sisters being my pick of the bunch. This will probs sound a bit strange but I'd love them to do an album with The Corrs or Bjork, be much better than the crap pop songs with a rap we seem to be flooded with atm.

Havent noticed them on an advert, but seen a few people on facebook mention them when they where going to a festival. Surprised they're not more famous though, maybe not MTV/radio friendly enough. Wish there was more bars that just played this type of music, sick of bopping round waiting for a 'drop' because the slags need an excuse to slut drop.

Stumbled across there album on youtube, wish I'd known sooner the lead singer is very easy on the eye. 5 string serenade, Umbilical, and All your sisters being my pick of the bunch. This will probs sound a bit strange but I'd love them to do an album with The Corrs or Bjork, be much better than the crap pop songs with a rap we seem to be flooded with atm.

Havent noticed them on an advert, but seen a few people on facebook mention them when they where going to a festival. Surprised they're not more famous though, maybe not MTV/radio friendly enough. Wish there was more bars that just played this type of music, sick of bopping round waiting for a 'drop' because the slags need an excuse to slut drop.

Into Dust was the song on the advert, and yeah Hope Sandoval is very easy on the eye :)

I like jazz, and im surprised you say that being a Colosseum fan, they had serious elements of jazz going on there, they were leaders in that whole jazzrock thing?

They certainly did....it's a fine line and some jazz I can cope with but as a genre it mostly does my head in.

They certainly did....it's a fine line and some jazz I can cope with but as a genre it mostly does my head in.

Yeah i know what you mean, i much prefer the improv style of jazz, its more about the skill of the musician then, thats why i like Can so much they managed to do it in a way with electronics but still in a traditional jazz form mainly because they were all amazing musicians, but yes when people say stuff like Michael Buble and Frank Sinatra is jazz, i have to say i cringe big time, it's nothing like the jazz i know, check these guys out Mike, you might like them it's a slightly unique take on the whole jazz thing.

Edited by theprisoner

This one is for Mike tbh, i know he appreciates a good man on the sticks smile.png

Don't see too many drummers playing Sonor kits. I enjoyed this piece though, especially the way his snare sounds.

You ever listen to Dave Weckl? I prefer jazz more along the progressive side... prefer my metal the same way!

https://www.youtube....h?v=vmykCWMPWvE

Edited by TonkaRoost

Chris Rea - Blue Guitars... 12 CDs of different types of blues. Brilliant for chilling in the sun too and doing the occasional bit of cleaning up. Also very simple for the most part so budding guitarists can play along and learn some nice licks ;)