IGNORED

Axel Witsel

Fourth Official called Williams, Gueye and Walsh but hasn't said anything else about other targets. I have made decent money backing what he has said! Just be careful that you don't follow the ones he retweets or states the source.

I'm not going to follow FourthOfficial either, because they don't know shit.

I think it's a pity that all these messages were spouted around about Witsel being a money grabber or feeling like he's too good for some teams... All of these allegations were based on either nothing at all (assumptions) or on rumors with no credibility. I've been following him for the past 6-7 years and he is relatively modest and doesn't show-off or ever make any kind of pretentious declarations (he never says too much to interviewers). So in a way I feel like he doesn't deserve any of this, because many footballers could learn a thing or two from how he composes himself towards the outside. Plus what matters more is that he is in my top 10 of best box2box/holding midfielders in the sport right now. He can keep up with almost any team in the world, although maybe Barcelona and Real would be a challenge for him.

Edited by Mirallas

• 3 weeks later...

Bizarre if true. Who the hell would turn down a chance to play in the Premier League in order to stay in the Russian League travelling to half-empty and dilapidated stadiums in places like Krasnodar and Rostov? And alongside 2 of his national team-mates (Lukaku and Mirallas) as well. Weird decision, again 'if true'.

Edited by Isaiah

Money

But Zenit can't possibly be paying him more than Everton would, the club is broke right now, Gazprom have pulled the plug. And would Juventus really be in a position to offer him better terms? The Italian league has nowhere near the financial power of the Premier League.

But Zenit can't possibly be paying him more than Everton would, the club is broke right now, Gazprom have pulled the plug. And would Juventus really be in a position to offer him better terms? The Italian league has nowhere near the financial power of the Premier League.

Average wage at Juventus is around 60k euro per week. But they are paying Higuain around 153k euro per week.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/juventus-player-salaries/

Yep, Witsel's transfer to Juventus is official.

With Pjanic, Witsel and Khedira, Juve's midfield is.... oddly defensive.

a67896a38ab346d29bbb92cefb839101.png

I see a keeper, 8 defensively minded players and 2 attackers. (?) Seems like they're building a team, specifically aimed at defeating Barcelona :rofl: (reference to 2011-12 Chelsea)

Not gonna lie, that Torres goal, along with that entire second leg of the '11-'12 Champions League semi final between FCB and Chelsea is in my top 3 most memorable moments in football. I cri every tiem.

Edited by Mirallas

Yep, Witsel's transfer to Juventus is official.

With Pjanic, Witsel and Khedira, Juve's midfield is.... oddly defensive.

a67896a38ab346d29bbb92cefb839101.png

I see a keeper, 8 defensively minded players and 2 attackers. (?) Seems like they're building a team, specifically aimed at defeating Barcelona :rofl: (reference to 2011-12 Chelsea)

Not gonna lie, that Torres goal, along with that entire second leg of the '11-'12 Champions League semi final between FCB and Chelsea is in my top 3 most memorable moments in football. I cri every tiem.

They've got pjanic, 3 really good strikers and the young Croatian lad the wing. Struggle to see were Witsel will fit in, mate in work is a Juve fan thinks he'll be rotated with khidera.

Back on topic, didn't think Witsel was the right player for us, and happy to see a player pick a club rather than money.

Don't get me wrong I didn't want sissoko at all for that amount but if you think January will be any better your all deluded. We've had our best start for years and one just one good signing would have everybody thinking fuck me Everton mean business. But what do we fucking get? How many players could we have got? Ziyech to Ajax? £11 mill why aren't we all over that? If Walsh is this insightful God he should have had 30 players lined up and got at least 4 in the last week.

Fuck him off I'm made up he didn't get his way

Cant have it both ways. Witsel would have been a big intention signing

• 3 months later...

It's official.. 3,5 years, 70 million EUR.

Says: "I'm aware it's a step back, but this way I can provide for my family for a very long time". .. I can respect that.

At least he said it....

That money will secure his siblings and their grandcholdren.

Lets face it... would you wanna live there? I wouldnt.

Edited by Hafnia