IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Guest blueboy122

I'm not saying you can't question his judgement because your a big fan of his. What I'm asking is while you have the trust in him that you have, why don't you trust his opinion on Lukaku?

You must admit that you've seen him play every everton game he's played, probably a hand full for west brom and Chelsea, Belgium too. But Roberto saw him every day. You have faith in every aspect of Robertos ability to motivate, to inspire, to challenge and to develop. But when it comes to Lukaku you don't trust him. That's what I don't understand.

Personally I think he's good enough, but I trust Robertos opinion of a player over mine because he knows more than I do.

Why does Haf have to agree with everything Roberto does?

I love Roberto as much as Haf but I disagree with some things he has done and potentially will do by buying Lukaku.

I don't understand if he was that good etc. Why aren't the football giants after him?

Infact why aren't many teams in for him if he is that good?

Oh god, I take it it never said Chelsea yesterday then? If it didn't then maybe he's telling us something. If so, AT LAST! Lets move on anx put him behind us

He's said he's leaving Chelsea though so I don't think it tells us much.

Would like it sorted though, we're obviously waiting on him before we can do any proper business this summer.

He's said he's leaving Chelsea though so I don't think it tells us much.

Would like it sorted though, we're obviously waiting on him before we can do any proper business this summer.

It does seem contradictory to what he's been saying but an arm around him from Jose and all could be well again. It 's no secret he's desperate to stay but there doesn't seem to be a place for him with Jose in charge. I think if he clicked his fingers though Rom would come running.

Tbh I'm past caring now. I'd love him to sign but it's getting boring. Either sign or don't and we'll move on. How long does he want. Sometimes I think Madtinez cuts players too much slack

I'm not starting a Remy thread but just to use him as an example of what else is out there.... Reports suggest he is available for 8-11mil to a top 6 club, for a proven goalscorer that's not a bad price in today's market.

Lukaku, though much younger would command twice that fee and will be looking to move on in a few years time to bigger things the moment a more "attractive" club showed interest. In the time we are courting a player who is clearly delaying his decision hoping a CL club of stature comes in for him we will miss out on players like Remy who will be snapped up. Someone mentioned earlier that had we done our business 2 weeks earlier last summer we more than likely would have taken the full points from our first 3 games and got CL. Bobby Likes Lukaku and that's great but if, after a season here he doesn't already realise this is the best club and best manager to help him learn and develop then I doubt he'll work it out over the summer. Problem is he already thinks he's the finished article. In the time we are waiting we could be damaging our CL chances.

Wee rant over - and bloody difficult to write on a poxy iPhone.

At one point it said Everton as well as Chelsea.

Oh well, if he doesn't want to come then fuck him. One thing he needs to get in his head is he isn 't bigger than the club. It could well be something of nothing. Chelsea may of forced him to take it down... I think we all agree that it just needs putting to bed because it's getting old really fast

Guest blueboy122

Quite simple really, the giants would think nothing of splashing out £50M - £100M on a player and we cant so they can afford to look at a different calibre of player than us.

If Lukaku was the finished article we wouldn't have a cats chance in hell of getting him. We have to gamble on his potential and I think he is worth the gamble

The crux of the matter is whether or not you believe he can develop, some do Haf doesn't, I am in the camp that doesn't believe he is anywhere near as poor as Haf makes out but neither is he the finished article

As for your second point I think there are plenty of teams who would like to sign him

The big teams still splash cash on unfinished articles Dunc don't think that they all buy finished articles. I think many top sides can see he is easy to defend against.

Let me defend against a battering ram like Lukaku all day long with a shite touch rather than a clever technical player like Naismith.

The big teams still splash cash on unfinished articles Dunc don't think that they all buy finished articles. I think many top sides can see he is easy to defend against.

Let me defend against a battering ram like Lukaku all day long with a shite touch rather than a clever technical player like Naismith.

I love Naismith but it depends how your describing technical? I would never describe Naismith as a technically brilliant player.

Guest blueboy122

I love Naismith but it depends how your describing technical? I would never describe Naismith as a technically brilliant player.

Don't think I have described him as technically brilliant player.

If I am defender I know I can play Lukaku out the game he's to easy to defend against, he's frustrated after 10 minutes and then does fuck all else.

Naismith will run round drop deep cause defenders headaches etc allow other players to come in the game WIN HEADERS.

People may think I am mad but the big defenders will just mark Lukaku out the game. Unless he can adapt his game hugely and become effective then there no way I want £20M spending on him.

Remy at £8M or Lukaku at £20-£25M

No brainier.

Remy and Bacca for the same price as Lukaku, I would definitely chose them 2 different types of forward than Lukaku. It would help having the different options to bring on if Plan A doesn't work.

We only play with one striker though and Bacca has a 30 mil release clause so I doubt he'll come that cheap.

Edited by Paddock

If thats true, why did the likes of Arsenal (twice in 2 games), Liverpool (twice in 2 games), and Man City (twice in 2 games) all concede goals by Lukaku? Not to mention his performance at Goodison vs Arsenal which ran the defence ragged?

Remy is such a good player.

Technically so much more advanced than Lukaku but wait Lukaku has big shoulders.

yet Lukaku scores goals and wins games... Thats no slight at Naismith who I really like, but it seems people dont want to like him so are ignoring fact.

Dont get me wrong BB, I understand your side.

Remy and Bacca for the same price as Lukaku, I would definitely chose them 2 different types of forward than Lukaku. It would help having the different options to bring on if Plan A doesn't work.

Now that logic I can understand, though those 2 would still be my second choice.

We only play with one striker though and Bacca has a 30 mil release clause so I doubt he'll come that cheap.

I thought Bacca being quoted at around 12-14m.

I still think you need 2/3 top strikers if playing 1 up front.

You need to be able to go 2 up to kill teams sometimes, players get injured when playing so many games in the season, and I think its an advantage playing different types of forward in 1 up front system dependant on what defenders you are up against.

Edited by markiediow

I think I hate this player now. It's been like a bad episode of eastenders the past few months..i now wouldn't be surprised if the infamous drum start of eastenders began on the first game of the season only for all of us to take front view of the tunnel as the lads make there way out, in the hope to see big Rom walk out at the end to tears and admiration..... This is pathetic now.

Edited by Brett Angel

I think I hate this player now. It's been like a bad episode of eastenders the past few months..i now wouldn't be surprised if the infamous drum start of eastenders began on the first game of the season only for all of us to take front view of the tunnel as the lads make there way out, in the hope to see big Rom walk out at the end to tears and admiration..... This is pathetic now.

Why have you given yourself a negative rep for that; did you type it and then change your mind :lol:?