IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I think Juve to be honest. I don't think he'll ever kick a ball in anger for Chelsea again

They're signing Morata from Real Madrid.

Im convinced we will sign him now

So am I. It's in the Telegraph now as well - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/10977699/Everton-closing-in-on-a-deal-to-sign-Romelu-Lukaku-from-Chelsea.html

There's a lack of money in the Italian game for club's right now so I couldn't see them paying the best part of £40m for two players.

I hope you're right mate, I'd love him to sign for us it makes perfect sense, he'll shine here and have a big sell on value which is perfect for us. Really really good business by the club and a bit of a coup to boot. Still wont believe it until I see him on the OS holding the new shirt. Remember the Leroy Fer saga, so he would have to actually be holding a pen in his hand signing a contract or I'm taking it with a pinch of salt! Ha ha

After all the criticism I have heaped on lukaku, I have to admit I am still excited if he signs haha.

If he signs permanently then one of my fears for him is negated to an extent and that's that I want him to show intent and either sign or move on.

If the doctors told me I had 48hrs to live then I would try and sign for Everton because I would last longer!

Yep and it's always ALWAYS the same. We never seem to be able to just seal a transfer without there being a drama or it dragging on and on.... He's on holiday at the minute so he'll sign when he gets back, it's the 10 th anniversary of his favourite budgies death this week so he'll sign after his grieving period.. It's never any different. I just don't understand it

I know we disagree about Traore and Kone, but just wait and see. :)

PS - The Lukaku move is not just in the Mail. It's also in the Telegraph. 18m is being quoted.

I think Kone will be ok. No problem with him. I don't rate Traore at all.

It was more the fact you think we'll end up with Lukaku, Hernandez and Traore. That just won't happen.

He says we want 3 "attacking players" for me that doesn't just mean a striker it means an at taking midfielder, probably a wide player to replace Deulofeu.

I think Kone will be ok. No problem with him. I don't rate Traore at all.

It was more the fact you think we'll end up with Lukaku, Hernandez and Traore. That just won't happen.

He says we want 3 "attacking players" for me that doesn't just mean a striker it means an at taking midfielder, probably a wide player to replace Deulofeu.

Traore would be a good option to mix it up a little bit. He's scored goals wherever he's been (apart from France, however he's never got the chance to play). I wouldnt mind him on loan for the season until we can locate another target or bring a striker through the ranks.

48 hours? No chance. It'll take much longer than that because we're going to present him and Besic together,but naked with only a sock covering their modesty. And those socks are going to take some time to locate.

Ha that could well be the case bar the modesty part the lads are due back over the weekend so maybe Monday we will have some good official news?

Dominic King, the fella who first reported that he will sign within the next 48 hours.

Increasing confidence that Everton will complete a deal for Romelu Lukaku: looking like extensive preparations been made for his arrival

— Dominic King (@DominicKing_DM)

Been a slow start to window for Roberto Martinez but securing Lukaku would be significant for Everton given how much faith he has in him

— Dominic King (@DominicKing_DM)

Edited by AidanLewis

Dominic King, the fella who first reported that he will sign within the next 48 hours.

@

Increasing confidence that https://twitter.com/Everton will complete a deal for Romelu Lukaku: looking like extensive preparations been made for his arrival
— Dominic King (@DominicKing_DM) https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/statuses/490253665446690816

@

Been a slow start to window for Roberto Martinez but securing Lukaku would be significant for https://twitter.com/Everton given how much faith he has in him
— Dominic King (@DominicKing_DM) https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/statuses/490254908021809152

Is it just for me that this has come out looking odd?

Edit - Nevermind, Aiden has fixed it.

Edited by Romey 1878