IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I don't want him to stay personally, we don't need players that aren't a 100% committed who WILL at some point spew more disrespectful shite to the media

I certainly won't change that mindset because he can score goals either it smacks of desperation and we are better then that even more so now with the added investment, the lad can go for me we get very well compensated and he can be a smacked arse elsewhere

I don't want him to stay personally, we don't need players that aren't a 100% committed who WILL at some point spew more disrespectful shite to the media

I certainly won't change that mindset because he can score goals either it smacks of desperation and we are better then that even more so now with the added investment, the lad can go for me we get very well compensated and he can be a smacked arse elsewhere

I can fully understand where you are coming from , but whilst we may not need uncommitted players we do desperately need proven goal scorers

If we were in the same boat as United , City or Chelsea I would fully agree that we should show him the door, my concern at the moment would be attracting a replacement

Hopefully we can progress well enough next season to not need him in 12 months time ,at which point we can drop him like a stone

Like I said, he, or maybe his 'representative', might have dug him into a bit of a hole.

They've talked like they hold all the cards. Everton hold his contract, Everton don't need to sell, Everton dont need the money, Everton will demand the highest fee for this player. Who's in control?

Lukaku and his peeps have talked snd talked about moving. But now maybe there is less interest than they thought...suddenly the 'new project' at Everton might look a bit interesting. It's just cheeky as fuck and arrogance of the highest order.

If he stays, I hope he enjoys his humble pie. I know for sure that Koeman won't be as forgiving as Martinez with only half a season worth of performances.

Like I said, he, or maybe his 'representative', might have dug him into a bit of a hole.

They've talked like they hold all the cards. Everton hold his contract, Everton don't need to sell, Everton dont need the money, Everton will demand the highest fee for this player. Who's in control?

Lukaku and his peeps have talked snd talked about moving. But now maybe there is less interest than they thought...suddenly the 'new project' at Everton might look a bit interesting. It's just cheeky as fuck and arrogance of the highest order.

If he stays, I hope he enjoys his humble pie. I know for sure that Koeman won't be as forgiving as Martinez with only half a season worth of performances.

or koeman had a word and simply said you're under contract you're playing for us, now fuck off all the agent talk and be in shape for pre season. see you in a couple months. cheers.

He doesnt deserve to be a part of our "project". We had a project at the end of last season and he wasnt arsed... he just kept spouting shit.

Hes clearly got an attitude that means he cant keep his gob shut. To me this is a problem - i want a team with togetherness. Not a team with a player who thinks hes too good for us and gets itchy feet.

He doesnt deserve to be a part of our "project". We had a project at the end of last season and he wasnt arsed... he just kept spouting shit.

Hes clearly got an attitude that means he cant keep his gob shut. To me this is a problem - i want a team with togetherness. Not a team with a player who thinks hes too good for us and gets itchy feet.

Exactly, it's toxic. Hoping every player absorbs the Evertonian mentality is unrealistic, but having the decency to express ambition in private is not. He should know better, even in spite of his loud mouth agent. If he stays he'll need to go on a PR campaign to allay constant heckling from supporters.

I almost completely agree with you, but we still need that proven goalscorer.

He opened his mouth because we weren't delivering. His attitude and performances didn't justify the ambition, but neither did the manager or the team. I think with Koeman we'll see him at his best a lot more regularly (like the first 4 months of the season) and if not he can fuck off in January.

I almost completely agree with you, but we still need that proven goalscorer.

He opened his mouth because we weren't delivering. His attitude and performances didn't justify the ambition, but neither did the manager or the team. I think with Koeman we'll see him at his best a lot more regularly (like the first 4 months of the season) and if not he can fuck off in January.

Because 'we' werent delivering... that includes himself. 3 league goals in 2016 against stoke west ham and villa.

He was pretty fookin abysmal barring his game against chelsea cos he felt like it, seemingly spending his energy talking to journos. We werent even safe from relegation whilst he was up to his antics.

Proven goalscorers dont do what he did. Trust me when i say we will not miss him.

He has downed tools in january in the prem for the last 3 years.

Jan 2016 till end of season = 3 goals in 18 games

Jan 2015 till eos = 5 in 16 games

Jan 2014 till eos = 6 in 16 games

14 goals in the 50 prem games from jan to end of season.

Edited by Hafnia

Because 'we' werent delivering... that includes himself. 3 league goals in 2016 against stoke west ham and villa.

He was pretty fookin abysmal barring his game against chelsea cos he felt like it, seemingly spending his energy talking to journos. We werent even safe from relegation whilst he was up to his antics.

Proven goalscorers dont do what he did. Trust me when i say we will not miss him.

He has downed tools in january the last 3 years.

I've never said anything but.

Proven goalscorers score 20+ goals in a season - he did his job. Funny how it all went down hill with the rest of the team, particularly when Geri was dropped before the January transfer windown

I'm ignorning the rest because you think it's all down to him when you know full well that he was only a part of the problem.

Edited by Matt

I've never said anything but.

Proven goalscorers score 20+ goals in a season - he did his job. Funny how it all went down hill with the rest of the team, particularly when Geri was dropped before the January transfer windown

I'm ignorning the rest because you think it's all down to him when you know full well that he was only a part of the problem.

See the stats above... 14 prem goals in the 50 league games we played from jan till end of season for his 3 years here.

Hes proven one thing... he gets distracted in january.

Proven goalscorers score 20+ league goals... ill agree with that. He doesnt.

Edited by Hafnia

See the stats above... 14 prem goals in the 50 league games we played from jan till end of season for his 3 years here.

Hes proven one thing... he gets distracted in january.

Proven goalscorers score 20+ league goals... ill agree with that. He doesnt.

this isn't like that stupid dress where people couldn't decide what colour it is. It's not up for debate, he has scored 20+ goals the last 2 seasons. All games count, not just those that you like to pick out. It's like gravity; you can't simply ignore it when you want to, it's just there and you have to deal with it whether you like it or not

It is important that your focus is the league though.

1000 goals in the FA cup get you what if you lose the semi final?

20+ goals in the league can get you Europe.

I would much rather he score more than Yak in the league and we make Europe.

But at the same time, let's see how he is when he has a manager he can trust.

How much did Martinez have to do with him wanting to leave?

It is important that your focus is the league though.

1000 goals in the FA cup get you what if you lose the semi final?

20+ goals in the league can get you Europe.

I would much rather he score more than Yak in the league and we make Europe.

But at the same time, let's see how he is when he has a manager he can trust.

How much did Martinez have to do with him wanting to leave?

of course it's the focus, but it's fucking stupid to ignore other goals too. Without his goals we wouldn't have reached the semi final this year, wouldn't have gotten as far in Europe last year as we did. If he has scored 30 goals in the league this season, there's still no certainty we'd have finished higher because we were shipping goals like a water through a colander. If he has scored 30 goals in the league, but nothin in the cups he'd be ripped apart too. It's fucking insane! Edited by Matt

this isn't like that stupid dress where people couldn't decide what colour it is. It's not up for debate, he has scored 20+ goals the last 2 seasons. All games count, not just those that you like to pick out. It's like gravity; you can't simply ignore it when you want to, it's just there and you have to deal with it whether you like it or not

What i deal in is like for like conparisons matt. A premier league season is 38 games against the same teams twice. A good sample to compare strikers.

Now it would be beneficial for your case to have his cup stats thrown in considering we had europa last year which significantly increased our games plus 2 easy cup runs this year taking us to 2 semi finals an extra 10 games against vardy against some piss easy teams.

Sone nice extra easy matches to get the lad up to his 20 goals.... a 20 goal striker has always traditionally been in ths league. That was your shearer, owen, fowler, rvp, rvn bracket. Lets not get dizzy now.

His premier league average over the last 3 years is 14 goals over a 38 game season. Nothing to write home about.

Edited by Hafnia

What i deal in is like for like conparisons matt. A premier league season is 38 games against the same teams twice. A good sample to compare strikers.

Now it would be beneficial for your case to have his cup stats thrown in considering we had europa last year which significantly increased our games plus easy two cup runs this year taking us to 2 semi finals.

Sone nice extra easy matches to get the lad up to his 20 goals....

His premier league average over the last 3 years is 14 goals over a 38 game season. Nothing to write home about.

And there's the difference then. I care about every game Everton plays, and every goal that is scored for them in every competition. Nothing to do with what effects my stats. If you're only interested what happens for Everton for 38 games, then that's up to you.

Edited by Matt

And there's the difference then. I care about every game Everton plays, and every goal that is scored for them in every competition. Nothing to do with what effects my stats. If you're only interested what happens for Everton for 38 games, then that's up to you.

Errr no.. you arent getting it. You are getting all excited by "20 goals"... it was a traditional barometer for your 1 in 2 striker (38 games = 19 goals plus 1) that is where the 20 goal striker target came from.

Not 38 games plus another 12 in various cups against various standard teams.

Kane's performances for England have confirmed, without the service you won't score.

If the rest of team aren't doing their job, Rom also can't do his.

Kanes performances have shown

1. Dont have a striker taking corners

2. Shit Teams park buses against England

3. Anyone can have a bad couple of games

I think if hodgson actually stuck with his best team kane would score.

Kanes performances have shown

1. Dont have a striker taking corners

2. Shit Teams park buses against England

3. Anyone can have a bad couple of games

I think if hodgson actually stuck with his best team kane would score.

I reckon Kane will be like Baines myself and will be a player that just doesn't work in the England set-up. With their club sides the whole system is made for them (not so much Baines with Martinez for the last two years like) and it gets the best out of them, but it's completely different with England - they're just another cog.

I reckon Kane will be like Baines myself and will be a player that just doesn't work in the England set-up. With their club sides the whole system is made for them (not so much Baines with Martinez for the last two years like) and it gets the best out of them, but it's completely different with England - they're just another cog.

i was just going to post this (not the baines part), spurs revolve around Kane, england does not. therein lies the issue. he's not a standard issue striker, he's like a mueller where you have to embrace the ugly and roll with it. roy doesn't understand that and never will. Potch does.