IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Not sure how a newspaper quote, in Holland, of RK speaking can be seen as Lukaku arrogantly saying that he'll bless us with another season.

Firstly there is the media poetic licence aspect, and secondly, we don't know the context in which RK asked Lukaku. For example:

RK; "Will you stay another season Romelu?"

Lukaku; "At least, yes"

He's let us down for sure, but let's not allow folklore to grab the few quotes he did make and twist them to something entirely different.

From memory, and I may have missed or forgotten stuff, he said on one occasion that he wanted to be playing for a CL team next season. Not a wise statement but a very honest one, and which player would honestly say no if asked?

Secondly, I recall him saying in July that he knew where he wanted to be next season, but nothing more specific than that. Could that have been here at Everton? Maybe.

If I have missed other bits (from him and not his oddball Dad or overzealous agent) then I'm sure someone could point them out, and I would be eager to see them in order to have a fuller picture.

Edit: for clarity, not trying to defend him here. Don't disagree with any comments pointing towards the fact that he ought to consider himself lucky to be here and to be given the leeway that he seems to be given, or that his effort at times was way short of what is to be expected from a pro.

Baba, RK said after the match to many media people rom went into his office and said he's staying for this year. You should be able to find an interview snippet of it. Unless this is some sort of crazy bargaining maneuver, which I don't think it is, he's staying for this campaign.

Baba, RK said after the match to many media people rom went into his office and said he's staying for this year. You should be able to find an interview snippet of it. Unless this is some sort of crazy bargaining maneuver, which I don't think it is, he's staying for this campaign.

also shows the conversation the other way around; Rom went to the office

Has he had that bad a spell? If we put aside the last two months of the season where everybody was bad and we could have been pulled towards a relegation battle, he's only been back for one cup match plus a few prem minutes.

He scored some in the euros so is ahead of the likes of Kane.

Need a couple more full matches before we can say he's in a bad patch surely, just like Mccarthy needs a few more good ones before we can say the opposite?

Has he had that bad a spell? If we put aside the last two months of the season where everybody was bad and we could have been pulled towards a relegation battle, he's only been back for one cup match plus a few prem minutes.

He scored some in the euros so is ahead of the likes of Kane.

Need a couple more full matches before we can say he's in a bad patch surely, just like Mccarthy needs a few more good ones before we can say the opposite?

I was looking to see if that was a sarcastic post? He's been absolutely awful. Goals are normally his means of contributing. Without them he is pretty much a passenger.

Since March he has been shocking. He may have contributed to the poor team atmosphere by spouting off to the press. In short he hasn't been interested, he wanted away and it shows.

His body language looks poor. Yes he scored 2 goals against ROI in the euros but other than that he again was very poor and singled out in 2 games as the weak link.

As Chach says, he's put himself in a bad place that he's struggling to get out of.

We need a striker in and quick.

The thing is the goalscorers are not available so it's imperative he stays.

Again this is why I'm happy to trust Walsh/Koeman. If we were asked last season "who would you get in as a defensive midfielder" - would anyone have picked Gueye? That's where they earn their corn.

As Matt said - To be fair to Rom he did do well for the first goal - but I expect that level of play from a premier league striker. It's because it was Rom that we are pleasantly surprised when he does something like that.

I have seen a few mutterings saying he walked off at the end without acknowledging the fans at the weekend (walking past Koeman without so much as a glance) - not sure how true this is. I very much get the impression that he wants and needs a fresh start - I do think he's had his wings clipped and rightly so.

He has had his heart well and truly set on a move away and there really isn't much coming back from that for me. Maybe if Koeman indulged him and stuff then he may get motivated again but that's not Rons style and nor should it be.

Aside from my sniping at Rom - its clear I've never fancied him as an Everton player, I've always been irritated by elevated status and sense of entitlement - I need to look at this from a human and professional perspective.... he wants to be off, he struggles to motivate himself at the best of times and I do not see Koeman spending the effort that Martinez did in building the lad up.

On his day he is a £60m striker - its fair to say that because when it clicks and he fancies it then he is a real force. The problem is - just like Fellaini was, you only see that a handful of times. If a club comes in with anything over £50m I would snap their hands off - footballers are only a few games away from their confidence being destroyed (look at Hart). Rom has done this damage to himself really and I just think for all parties its best that he is sold.

Again this is why I'm happy to trust Walsh/Koeman. If we were asked last season "who would you get in as a defensive midfielder" - would anyone have picked Gueye? That's where they earn their corn.

As Matt said - To be fair to Rom he did do well for the first goal - but I expect that level of play from a premier league striker. It's because it was Rom that we are pleasantly surprised when he does something like that.

I have seen a few mutterings saying he walked off at the end without acknowledging the fans at the weekend (walking past Koeman without so much as a glance) - not sure how true this is. I very much get the impression that he wants and needs a fresh start - I do think he's had his wings clipped and rightly so.

He has had his heart well and truly set on a move away and there really isn't much coming back from that for me. Maybe if Koeman indulged him and stuff then he may get motivated again but that's not Rons style and nor should it be.

Aside from my sniping at Rom - its clear I've never fancied him as an Everton player, I've always been irritated by elevated status and sense of entitlement - I need to look at this from a human and professional perspective.... he wants to be off, he struggles to motivate himself at the best of times and I do not see Koeman spending the effort that Martinez did in building the lad up.

On his day he is a £60m striker - its fair to say that because when it clicks and he fancies it then he is a real force. The problem is - just like Fellaini was, you only see that a handful of times. If a club comes in with anything over £50m I would snap their hands off - footballers are only a few games away from their confidence being destroyed (look at Hart). Rom has done this damage to himself really and I just think for all parties its best that he is sold.

Looked happy enough on Saturday...

West-Bromwich-Albion-v-Everton-Premier-L

Looked happy enough on Saturday...

West-Bromwich-Albion-v-Everton-Premier-L

yes I seen that - I am referring to the fact he walked off at the end without recognising the fans and strolled past the manager who was applauding them.

we have a tremendous away support and the players need to show appreciation of that.

yes I seen that - I am referring to the fact he walked off at the end without recognising the fans and strolled past the manager who was applauding them.

we have a tremendous away support and the players need to show appreciation of that.

You said in your last post, "...not sure how true this is..." and in no time at all it's become, "I am referring to the fact...". :huh: