IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

During the press conference today a reporter asked RK if he was worried rom hadn't scored in a while or that he missed so many against Yeovil.

Interestingly he said he's not at all worried because he's the type of striker that won't score now but will score a bunch next week. Paraphrased but the sentiment is the same.

Interesting and accurate observation.

Not what we need though if his observation is correct. We need a striker who will notch a goal every other game rather than two goals in a single game each month.

First half of last season he was fairly regular with his scoring so that ought to be the target again. There aren't many alternative goal scoring outlets in the team, though hopefully that will improve as well with Ross and Geri, Mirallas etc. chipping in.

Look at the date of this article 28th March.... regarding Lukaku by Michael ball

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-ball-lukaku-situation-no-11103796

I stated a few days before then that Lukaku would likely switch off as his interview indicated that he's done his bit.

His last goals for Everton? The 2 goals against Chelsea which preceeded his burst of interviews.

A week after his burst of shitty interviews and the team getting back together baines came out with "chemistry" comment. To more than a few casual observers there was a fair bit of tension between Rom and a few senior players. Jags and Coleman noticeably giving him shit.

In short.... Lukaku brought a very shit situation on the team and the manager. We looked good against Chelsea... he took the plaudits for his goal as a means of engineering his next move. He hasn't scored for us since.

Hardly rocket science. I'd be pissed off if Johnny big bollocks talked himself about being too big for the club whilst in the midst of a campaign. Togetherness is what wins games..

Edited by Hafnia

So it's now Roms fault for everything. Ok...

Yes that's exactly what I said......

Well no what I actually stated was a chronical list of events that go back to when Rom scored his last goals.... which pretty much coincide with the "all the team" losing their way, which coincides with him causing media shit storms. Which coincided with baines stating the team chemistry issues.

Make of it what you will. Ambition probably.

Edited by Hafnia

Look at the date of this article 28th March.... regarding Lukaku by Michael ball

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-ball-lukaku-situation-no-11103796

I stated a few days before then that Lukaku would likely switch off as his interview indicated that he's done his bit.

His last goals for Everton? The 2 goals against Chelsea which preceeded his burst of interviews.

A week after his burst of shitty interviews and the team getting back together baines came out with "chemistry" comment. To more than a few casual observers there was a fair bit of tension between Rom and a few senior players. Jags and Coleman noticeably giving him shit.

In short.... Lukaku brought a very shit situation on the team and the manager. We looked good against Chelsea... he took the plaudits for his goal as a means of engineering his next move. He hasn't scored for us since.

Hardly rocket science. I'd be pissed off if Johnny big bollocks talked himself about being too big for the club whilst in the midst of a campaign. Togetherness is what wins games..

Yes that's exactly what I said......

Well no what I actually stated was a chronical list of events that go back to when Rom scored his last goals.... which pretty much coincide with the "all the team" losing their way, which coincides with him causing media shit storms. Which coincided with baines stating the team chemistry issues.

Make of it what you will. Ambition probably.

yup

I know, I just think blaming him for everything is hilarious.

Everything? No. I just blame him for being a self centred, egotistical twat.

I blame martinez for being a fluffy indulgent nob head. I blame the other players for not kicking his arse into shape and actually having a bit more about them.

As for the rest... does it surprise me that he's had a drought? No. He's bought attention to himself and fluffed his lines.

I look forward to us getting in a top dog striker and see how the lad reacts.

Everything? No. I just blame him for being a self centred, egotistical twat.

I blame martinez for being a fluffy indulgent nob head. I blame the other players for not kicking his arse into shape and actually having a bit more about them.

As for the rest... does it surprise me that he's had a drought? No. He's bought attention to himself and fluffed his lines.

I look forward to us getting in a top dog striker and see how the lad reacts.

n short.... Lukaku brought a very shit situation on the team and the manager. We looked good against Chelsea... he took the plaudits for his goal as a means of engineering his next move. He hasn't scored for us since.

Is that everything? Nope. He bought the situation to the team. The manager didn't deal with it and nor did his team mates. He started the shit storm though... correct?

He brought a situation by himself is everything related to Everton.

And no, he didn't start the shit storm, but he did add to it.

He brought a situation by himself is everything related to Everton.

And no, he didn't start the shit storm, but he did add to it.

2-0 win quarter final fa cup..... looking good. He opened his big trap and all went shit. Team spirit gone.

Shit manager, mentally weak team mates. Prick of a centre forward.

Enough of the thread. You've earned your wage as his spin doctor/attourney.

Edited by Hafnia

Martinez got sacked. The team is in process of change.... Lukaku is still getting £70k a week. He made himself a focal point.... thinks he's better than us? 15 games in a row without scoring... that's bad. Really bad.

It is, and his attitude stinks. But he's not the sole reason and that's what I'm getting at. I'm sure he'll bounce back :)

He'll have to bounce back, nobody else wants him. There's one hell of a lot of grovelling to do, and an awful lot of goals to score if he ever wants to get my backing again.

Still prefer that he gets sold so we can buy a player who would be happy to play for us.

I don't think there's any cause for concern - he's a goal scorer and will be back amongst the goals soon.

Need to remember that since the end of May, he's scored 7 international goals across June and early July. By contrast, Kane has scored none, and was almost as lean at the end of the domestic season as Lukaku.

If I were a Tottenham fan then I may be more concerned at that as Kane doesn't have the provenance over a number of years that Lukaku has and so is far more at risk of being flash in the pan theoretically - though I expect both of those lads to be scoring again soon and to continue to do so in the future.

Rom will score plenty of goals this season there is absolutely no doubt about it

I'm made up he is staying, he is a big presence both on the pitch and in the dressing room so we would be a poorer side without him

We desperately need another top CF in to give him competition for his place so I don't understand why anybody would want him to leave, especially this close to deadline day

Rom will score plenty of goals this season there is absolutely no doubt about it

I'm made up he is staying, he is a big presence both on the pitch and in the dressing room so we would be a poorer side without him

We desperately need another top CF in to give him competition for his place so I don't understand why anybody would want him to leave, especially this close to deadline day

Exactly that... I dont think he necessarily goes about it in the right way but he is ambitious and he wants to win things. If you take that out of him you get Arouna Kone.