IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Rom will score plenty of goals this season there is absolutely no doubt about it

I'm made up he is staying, he is a big presence both on the pitch and in the dressing room so we would be a poorer side without him

We desperately need another top CF in to give him competition for his place so I don't understand why anybody would want him to leave, especially this close to deadline day

The dressing room bit stuck out for me. I always got the feeling the other players enjoyed having him around.

Just watched the game again. He was trying... no doubt about that which is pleasing.

He really does need to work on his right foot... his first chance invited a shot with his right peg and he worked it back to his left. The one with the keeper out of the way he swung his right boot and missed it.

You watch back and the defenders are playing him onto his right foot and it's working.

I'd stick him in an under 21 match to get more time and sharpness. He does look a bit chunky still but yes his effort was noticeable which I have to give credit for.

So I searched Lukaku goals on youtube and the first goal in the first one I saw demonstrates the point beautifully :lol:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s23KcfKdlH0

It was a good finish.... "passed" with the inside of his right foot. I'm completely right footed but can pass with the inside of my left... can I hit it with the instep with power? Nope.

I used to have the same arguments with Liverpool fans that Michael Owen was one footed - then they show his goal versus Arsenal. Yep passed into the far corner with the inside of his boot.

You can't tell us that Rom isn't one footed based on that one goal Mike. It's pretty ridiculous how little he trusts his right peg. It's not just shooting- he can't move with it on his right peg, he slows down to shuffle it over to his left.

He needs to work on it. Kane did.

It was a good finish.... "passed" with the inside of his right foot. I'm completely right footed but can pass with the inside of my left... can I hit it with the instep with power? Nope.

I used to have the same arguments with Liverpool fans that Michael Owen was one footed - then they show his goal versus Arsenal. Yep passed into the far corner with the inside of his boot.

You can't tell us that Rom isn't one footed based on that one goal Mike. It's pretty ridiculous how little he trusts his right peg. It's not just shooting- he can't move with it on his right peg, he slows down to shuffle it over to his left.

He needs to work on it. Kane did.

I wasn't analysing it, it just made me laugh. Not in a million years could I have ever done that with my left foot though.

I wasn't analysing it, it just made me laugh. Not in a million years could I have ever done that with my left foot though.

Thats the thing. He can clearly generate power with very little back lift given the size of his feet and legs- which says to me that he can still have a dig with his right peg without having to execute it with a long back lift which requires more natural ability/practice.

Let's be honest, seems the players are glad Lukaku has decided to stay another season, the manager also has indicated it's what he wanted..............so that's everyone who's 'important' in the equation happy.

Everyone knows, he talked too much pre-season, he needs a goal to get up and running this season, he looks a tad rusty yesterday, so did a few others come to that.His effort though could not be faulted.

I think when this squad, with 'this' manager click Lukaku is going to be on the end of a lot of chances, he will score goals.Who gives a shit which leg he puts them in with !!

Let's be honest, seems the players are glad Lukaku has decided to stay another season, the manager also has indicated it's what he wanted..............so that's everyone who's 'important' in the equation happy.

Everyone knows, he talked too much pre-season, he needs a goal to get up and running this season, he looks a tad rusty yesterday, so did a few others come to that.His effort though could not be faulted.

I think when this squad, with 'this' manager click Lukaku is going to be on the end of a lot of chances, he will score goals.Who gives a shit which leg he puts them in with !!

I'm not arsed with what foot he puts them in with, I'm arsed that he's not taking a chance because it's not on his left.

Defenders are standing him on his right peg at every chance and it's closing him off.

https://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=31545

For us he has scored 18 on his right and 32 on his left.

I would imagine that is probably as high as any other striker in the league with their 'wrong' foot

Yeah but those were all just passes into the net, anyone could have scored them (me aside).

https://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=31545

For us he has scored 18 on his right and 32 on his left.

I would imagine that is probably as high as any other striker in the league with their 'wrong' foot

Don't be letting facts get in the way of Rom bashing!

It must be my prejudice against Rom... I must have been tripping when I seen a map showing all bar one or two right foot finishes being further than 10 yards out.....

Carry on... all is good. He's got a right foot like Billy's boots, he loves Everton, his team mates love him and he hasn't had 16 blanks in a row for us.

It must be my prejudice against Rom... I must have been tripping when I seen a map showing all bar one or two right foot finishes being further than 10 yards out.....

Carry on... all is good. He's got a right foot like Billy's boots, he loves Everton, his team mates love him and he hasn't had 16 blanks in a row for us.

Striker must always be judged by how many yards he scores from; forget the quantity, quality is all that counts.

Striker must always be judged by how many yards he scores from; forget the quantity, quality is all that counts.

When a striker has to shuffle it on to the stronger foot from 18 yards cos he can't put his laces through it with his weaker foot then it's a problem. It's a problem because at this level taking one extra touch is the difference between scoring or getting tackled.

Messi and maradona were good enough to be totally one footed. This lad isn't.

Can't be arsed debating this one. He can't strike a ball with his right peg. Simple as that. I'm sure the fishing rods are out cos really this isn't even a debatable point.

Edited by Hafnia

When a striker has to shuffle it on to the stronger foot from 18 yards cos he can't put his laces through it with his weaker foot then it's a problem. It's a problem because at this level taking one extra touch is the difference between scoring or getting tackled.

Messi and maradona were good enough to be totally one footed. This lad isn't.

Can't be arsed debating this one. He can't strike a ball with his right peg. Simple as that. I'm sure the fishing rods are out cos really this isn't even a debatable point.

Don't believe it for a second you can't be arsed debating it pal considering all you do is debate it ?

Realistically who would you replace him with right now?

Don't believe it for a second you can't be arsed debating it pal considering all you do is debate it ?

Realistically who would you replace him with right now?

I would have Bony and have said that from the get go. £20m is a snip.

Man city bought him in as a sub and it's never his game. Good player and many will judge him by his man city career. When played consistently he scores goals.

Aside lukaku I would trust walsh to have his eye on some good talent. It seems Arsenal stole a target from us who looks a good player at £17m.

My point is that we aren't reliant on keeping lukaku.

I merely stated that his game on Saturday showed more effort than we have seen but the quality wasn't there. If he trusted/could use his right foot he would have had 2 or 3. That's my point in this thread till the debate started saying oh yes he can he's got 18 with his right.

I will try and get the graphic of his right foot goals. He will knock them in from a few yards away.