IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I read something into the interview that he has been told to be quiet... that his relationship with koeman is far less indulged than it was under martinez.

In short hes gonna get far less carrot and a fair bit more stick.

Along with barkley Lukaku is a naturally big fella. He needs working... loads of cardio. I could see him lose 8kg and still look a very muscular lad but he should get far more mobility, energy and stamina.

He's a professional athlete on however much thousand a week and he's saying he's only in his pre season now!!?? Jesus wept!! We are three weeks into the season for Christs sake!

But he got injured in his first pre season game then missed the rest Inc. the start of the season.

These guys are supreme athletes, playing against supreme athletes. They're not fat Sunday league players who can just turn up and look decent next to the rest of the hangover crew.

I didn't read too much into that snippet of an interview from him. A little bit of 'I left it all to my agent...Nothing to do with me!'. Eat your humble pie, play well, score goals and all will be that little bit better!

he just wants to go, as simple as that.

He made noises about going when Moshiri came in. We bought one of his mates in - bolassi. If we bought Lionel Messi in he would probably want to go... Everton isn't big enough for him in his mind. He used Juventus yet again.... Juve never coughed up the money.

I look forward to him getting fit and applying himself 100%

The good thing for us is he knows we're not going to let him go for less than we feel he's worth (plus some) and we're not going to get a buyer at that price unless he plays his socks off and proves he's worth it.

He needs to shut up about what he wants to do, get on and play and prove he's a player that should be playing for a top team and that they should splash big cash to get him.

Hopefully with those performances he can then help us win something or make champions league like he wants!

I know it's not a popular opinion but easily my least favorite player. Never been a big fan of keeping players who clearly want to be elsewhere. I guess we had no better option but I seriously doubt we will se his best and I'm not sure his best is even close to as good as most rate. I have seen people roast Lamine Kone here but praise Rom. Don't understand how the situation is any different

Sincerely hope I'm wrong and I'll hope for his success but I'm not sure I'll be troubled when he's finally gone

12:42
LUKAKU OPTED AGAINST JUVE
Romelu Lukaku has revealed he turned down Serie A champions Juventus to stay at Everton.
The Belgium international was linked with a move away from Goodison Park all summer but the striker, who scored 25 goals in all competitions for the Toffees, opted against a move away from the Premier League.
"It stings a little [not being in European competition], but I'm someone who believes that everything happens for a reason," Lukaku said in an interview with Het Nieuwsblad.
"Otherwise I would have gone to Juventus instead of staying at Everton. But I opted for Everton because it was too early for Italy and I have not done badly here.”

Even after the Pogba sale?

I had a look actually...just in case I was talking shit. Most teams spent relatively little but Juve spent 145mill...think Inter was next with about 95mill. The rest were miles behind!!!

Anyway, Juve spent 90mill on Higuian. So they obviously preferred that option over Lukaku or whatever. I'm not convinced he had the option to go there.