IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Explain how I'm wrong....? How is my opinion that he's lazy, poor attitude, patchy goalscorer wrong?

Are you really having this much difficulty trying to comprehend the possibility that you could be wrong?

• You said when we bought him for £28m that he was a £10M player at best and that we would never recoup the money we paid for him, now he is valued at £65M so I would say you were wrong
  • When he was here on loan as a 20 year old you said he would never develop his game any further, he has so you were wrong
  • You said he would never improve his touch, he has so you were wrong
  • You said the only string to his bow was his finishing, he has all the tools in the box to be the complete CF so you were wrong

You claim that he has a poor attitude yet his manager and team mates say he is a model pro so I would say that was debateable also, yes he is too honest in his interviews but does that equate to a poor attitude?

At the end of the day 65 goals in 121 appearances for the club tells you he is doing what he was brought here for and for a player who is doing his job so well does he really deserve the constant criticism you give him in this thread and every other thread for that matter?

It's so unfortunate that the club has been in the doldrums so long that a decent finisher with a flawed game and a poor attitude is treated like a hero by some.

He's like the opposite of big dunc... scores goals in patches which gives him a decent ratio but anything else really worth mentioning.

Let's see how he does. Personally I was thinking him to bang in a shit load of goals as it will mean we will get up the league. Further than that he can go find his supposed dream move and in the meantime walsh and Co can find someone else.

Interested to know.... versus "total forum posts made" who has made the most in the lukaku thread? Money is on you blue.

He's not treated like a hero, he's seen as a sensible option to be our main striker. Not many like him, that's obvious, but a lot like his goals.

Would you rather a strike love the club and score 10 a season, or wish he was elsewhere and score 20?

Haf, one question. How many players in our squad are more useful to the team in your opinion?

Not baiting, just curious at your opinion on this.

More useful to the team? Well here's one... he hasn't won club player of the year or young player of the year in his time at the club.

More useful? Barry, Gueye, jagielka,

Are you really having this much difficulty trying to comprehend the possibility that you could be wrong?

• You said when we bought him for £28m that he was a £10M player at best and that we would never recoup the money we paid for him, now he is valued at £65M so I would say you were wrong
  • When he was here on loan as a 20 year old you said he would never develop his game any further, he has so you were wrong
  • You said he would never improve his touch, he has so you were wrong
  • You said the only string to his bow was his finishing, he has all the tools in the box to be the complete CF so you were wrong
You claim that he has a poor attitude yet his manager and team mates say he is a model pro so I would say that was debateable also, yes he is too honest in his interviews but does that equate to a poor attitude?

At the end of the day 65 goals in 121 appearances for the club tells you he is doing what he was brought here for and for a player who is doing his job so well does he really deserve the constant criticism you give him in this thread and every other thread for that matter?

£65m? No one offered that so how is he worth that.

In this market bolassie is worth £30m... 3 years ago I said he was worth 10m and at that time I agree that figure is right. At the time he wasn't worth 28m and I stand by that. His talent hasn't increased his value - inflation has. Liverpool recouped £30m on crocked benteke - say no more than that.

His touch? Has it improved? Maybe it's gone from appalling to just shit.

His attitude? It fookin stinks. Whilst he's at the club don't expect players to come out and say anything other than "everything's ok".. I judge his attitude on his sulks, his interviews.... you think they are good do you? Telling the world he wants out in the middle of a season?

He will no doubt manage to plump his goal stats against cannon fodder and go missing in the big games. So you can say 65 in 140 or whatever. Did I say.... similar return to adebuyor at Arsenal.... similar players in terms of application and attitude.

Edited by Hafnia

I thought Chelsea offered £65m but were told it wasn't enough.??

Methinks the Haf doth protest too much. :rofl:

No we asked for £65m and they scoffed. Bought batshuyui instead.

Reb - i have nothing against the lad other than I dislike the way he has always thought he's too big for us despite not being anywhere near the level he thinks.

IF koeman can sort him out then I think he can be a good footballer who scores goals. He never will be work class IMO, that is a very overused word.

The only world class strikers I've seen at Everton is Rooney, Beardsley, Lineker. The other world class players....

Sheedy, Steven, southall,

Edited by Hafnia

The only world class strikers I've seen at Everton is Rooney, Beardsley, Lineker.

Yep, and Rooney and Lineker couldn't wait to get away from the club to earn more money and win trophies.Funny Lukaku's a tosser because he's actually up-front about wanting those things.Not the Everton way.....blah, blah, blah.

It's funny there are posters on here with more football knowledge than you and who actually go to the games, they pay to watch this bloke, they here the same mutterings from him, his dad and agent, but they don't actually seem to hate the guy.The don't hero worship him as you suggest either.

They seem to see and understand the bigger picture, they know the lad will try and move on, but they see what he actually CAN do, not what he CAN'T, which is what your full of !

Dun's post a few above this, you know the one where he lists the amount of times you've been proved wrong, you just couldn't answer it with any credability.Same with the AidanLewis post, selective answering !

Yeh, we should have sold him for a major loss because you didn't like him.

£65m? No one offered that so how is he worth that.

In this market bolassie is worth £30m... 3 years ago I said he was worth 10m and at that time I agree that figure is right. At the time he wasn't worth 28m and I stand by that. His talent hasn't increased his value - inflation has. Liverpool recouped £30m on crocked benteke - say no more than that.

His touch? Has it improved? Maybe it's gone from appalling to just shit.

His attitude? It fookin stinks. Whilst he's at the club don't expect players to come out and say anything other than "everything's ok".. I judge his attitude on his sulks, his interviews.... you think they are good do you? Telling the world he wants out in the middle of a season?

He will no doubt manage to plump his goal stats against cannon fodder and go missing in the big games. So you can say 65 in 140 or whatever. Did I say.... similar return to adebuyor at Arsenal.... similar players in terms of application and attitude.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh and it's 65 in 121 games by the way , I know you wouldn't want to skew the stats to discredit him [emoji6]

Yep, and Rooney and Lineker couldn't wait to get away from the club to earn more money and win trophies.Funny Lukaku's a tosser because he's actually up-front about wanting those things.Not the Everton way.....blah, blah, blah.

It's funny there are posters on here with more football knowledge than you and who actually go to the games, they pay to watch this bloke, they here the same mutterings from him, his dad and agent, but they don't actually seem to hate the guy.The don't hero worship him as you suggest either.

They seem to see and understand the bigger picture, they know the lad will try and move on, but they see what he actually CAN do, not what he CAN'T, which is what your full of !

Dun's post a few above this, you know the one where he lists the amount of times you've been proved wrong, you just couldn't answer it with any credability.Same with the AidanLewis post, selective answering !

Yeh, we should have sold him for a major loss because you didn't like him.

Lineker was "sold"... he even said Everton told him they had accepted a bid and that was that.

Rooney was sold... unless you believe that we had £15m to stave off administration.

Neither spent mid season spouting shite about playing elsewhere.

Selective answering? I asked Dunc specific questions and I answered his selected responses. Reaffirming my early opinions.

Nice to see you put more than one sentance into a post for a change.

Edited by Hafnia

Nice to see you put more than one sentance into a post for a change.

Usually your posts aren't really worth spending too much time on.

16,000 posts in not a great span of time, you really like the sound of your own voice don't you, most of your posts could be condenced into one sentance, and they would still be too long :rofl: .

Seriously though, most of yours is Bullshit, be honest, and your certainly losing the Lukaku thread !

Selective answering, yes you've been accused of that many times.........but in fact, please, please don't answer every question, you'll be spending your whole life on here.......instead of just the 90% you do at the moment.

Get a life Billy.

Usually your posts aren't really worth spending too much time on.

16,000 posts in not a great span of time, you really like the sound of your own voice don't you, most of your posts could be condenced into one sentance, and they would still be too long :rofl: .

Seriously though, most of yours is Bullshit, be honest, and your certainly losing the Lukaku thread !

Selective answering, yes you've been accused of that many times.........but in fact, please, please don't answer every question, you'll be spending your whole life on here.......instead of just the 90% you do at the moment.

Get a life Billy.

As I said earlier.... in terms % of Lukaku posts versus overall posts.... you would have a very high conversion rate brummy boy. I often tap a nerve when I allude to your Romelu F.C support. Seriously are you a West Bromwich fan? I've asked you this before.

16000 posts indeed.... all about things to do with Everton as my main focus. You? I think it's all a bit Romelu to be honest.

Edited by Hafnia

I'd have martial, Costa, sanchez, iheanacho, Vardy and kane ahead of him too.

Costa has only had one decent season and is unreliable, could get a red at any moment and the refs wouldn't be as lenient if he was in an Everton shirt.

Vardy is a work horse, and his pace gets him goals. He'd not get the space to run at a bigger team than Leicester. Doubt he'll ever have a season as clinical infront of goal again.

Kane is a sheep with a wolfs midfield.

Iheanacho and Martial have potential,but not neither have showed enough to play as a 9 week in week out. Martial's performances have been very sporadic, with the average ones outweighing the good.

All about opinions. To be honest there aren't a shed load that you would swap him with but there are a fair few. I just do not like the way he goes about things and the fundamentals he lacks on.

Out of interest Haf who would you realistically have swapped him for these past two windows?

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/news/33550.html

And I hope he does. I'd much rather have him here than not.

His agent really is a detestable oik isn't he. I'd read nothing into what he says. That man cares only about his back pocket.

He's the sort to use this sort of message as a means of alerting clubs to make their intentions known now.

I'm probably alone as a none who agrees with 80% of what Hafs says.

He isn't as good as he thinks he is.

He isn't an all round striker.

His touch is average on a good day.

He spends most of a match dawdling along.

But the there's this.

He scores goals. He scores at important times in a match.

The players seek to rally around him.

And after all the speculation and talk....He is still here.

We're going through a generation that is light on good forwards.

And like it or not but Lukaku is one of the best of them all.

You want better than him then you need to he a regular in the champions league and be able to pay 200K a week.

I wouldn't be suprised if Rom has a good season and wants to stay for another year.

I'm probably alone as a none who agrees with 80% of what Hafs says.

He isn't as good as he thinks he is.

He isn't an all round striker.

His touch is average on a good day.

He spends most of a match dawdling along.

But the there's this.

He scores goals. He scores at important times in a match.

The players seek to rally around him.

And after all the speculation and talk....He is still here.

We're going through a generation that is light on good forwards.

And like it or not but Lukaku is one of the best of them all.

You want better than him then you need to he a regular in the champions league and be able to pay 200K a week.

I wouldn't be suprised if Rom has a good season and wants to stay for another year.

I think you are wise enough to observe the fact that there is plenty of ridiculous baiting that goes on - it's interesting..... I am big enough to give credit to Rom on his good games but does the opposite happen when he stink the place out or do others tend to offer "excuses" .

I think that is pretty much the truth. If he is lazy and yes it does happen a lot - there is the opinion that he doesn't get the right service... if the ball bounces off his shin 5 times it will be brushed over for the fact that he may have scored a goal.

You only need to look at the comments when Kone plays - he will get slated for doing no different to what Lukaku does.

Brother stopped over on a cruise - I'm sure he said the same. He went to Madeira this year - loved that.

its on the list :)

I usually hate cities but this place is fantastic and we'll definitely be coming back. The guy we were supposed to stay with had a last minute change of plans so he's put us up in a 5* hotel. We're really slumming it :lol:

I'll tell you more when we get back tomorrow :)