IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Haven't Chelsea already snapped him up?

They signed him when they signed Eden. Don't know how long he signed for, but I don't think he'll want to go sit in the Stamford Bridge stands like De Bruyne anyway. He'd push for a move if we were to go in for him and I don't think Chelsea would object much either.

They signed him when they signed Eden. Don't know how long he signed for, but I don't think he'll want to go sit in the Stamford Bridge stands like De Bruyne anyway. He'd push for a move if we were to go in for him and I don't think Chelsea would object much either.

Get on the blower to Martinez!

Get on the blower to Martinez!

He's got 8 goals and 7 assists in 11 league games this season, 3 more assists in 5 Europa League games and another goal for Belgium's U21 in a win against Italy so I'm sure our scouts know all about him. He's really talented, but still Chelsea will not have any use for him in all likelihood.

Edited by Steve_E

Haven't read the thread but you must have been delighted to get him on loan. He's absolute quality and is probably going to be one of the best in the world. Not sure why Mourinho let him go on loan considering he's better than all their other strikers (bearing in mind that Torres and Eto'o are in decline).

I think Eto'o will still do well at Chelsea this season but it was certainly a strange decision to let Romelu go on loan on Mourinho's part. Unfortunately Jelavic is being found out a bit now, but Lukaku is looking like a fantastic bit of business. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Jose let him go so that all the other top teams have to face him but Chelsea don't. Didn't help them much at Goodison anyway :rofl:

Dont you go bringing logic in here, smashing whats left of my dream. If we finished Top 4, prize money might allow us to.

And dont you say it wont :shaking fist:

You mean like when we finished there under Moyes and spent on a few £5million players? There's not a chance in hell we're going to spend £25million on one player when we're going to have to come through a qualifying game to get to where the money is even if we finished top 4 (because fourth is the best we'd manage, not any of the automatic spots). The board and manager (quite rightly) would not gamble with our future like that.

You mean like when we finished there under Moyes and spent on a few £5million players? There's not a chance in hell we're going to spend £25million on one player when we're going to have to come through a qualifying game to get to where the money is even if we finished top 4 (because fourth is the best we'd manage, not any of the automatic spots). The board and manager (quite rightly) would not gamble with our future like that.

what did I say about logic :yellow CARD: :crying smiley:

what did I say about logic :yellow CARD: :crying smiley:

Sorry, Matt, just stopping you from being massively disappointed further down the line ;).

Also, I'd be very surprised if Mourinho wanted Ballotelli after the way he's spoken about him in the past. He said City had overpaid by £24million for him (they paid £24million).

When he goes back to Chelsea which of their current crop will be released if any? And would you like them here? Torres for example?

Torres seems to be getting back to some form.....Mourinho doesn't seem to rate Ba at all.

We couldn't afford any of them anyway; and even if we could we wouldn't pay the wages they'd be asking.

Torres seems to be getting back to some form.....Mourinho doesn't seem to rate Ba at all.

We couldn't afford any of them anyway; and even if we could we wouldn't pay the wages they'd be asking.

oh I know we are stuffed financially, but are likely to get another season's loan out of Lukaku? How much longer on his contract anyway? If he feels at home here what are our chances of getting back, we would need him for Europe.

Yeah his raw talent is obviously good, but I don't think it's Lukaku's biggest asset. I think his main assets are his drive, physique and work rate. It's why I think Everton is such a good team for him. When you get to the (desired) level of Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern or Real, your passing, shooting and position play will have to be of a whole different level. Those are things you can only improve if you have the predisposition for it. I'll never be able to pass like Pirlo, dribble like Messi or shoot like Ibrahimovic, cause I don't have the intrinsic talent for it. But if I worked like Lukaku and made the same sacrifices every day, I suppose I'd probably be playing in the Belgian second division by now.

Yeah his raw talent is obviously good, but I don't think it's Lukaku's biggest asset. I think his main assets are his drive, physique and work rate. It's why I think Everton is such a good team for him. When you get to the (desired) level of Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern or Real, your passing, shooting and position play will have to be of a whole different level. Those are things you can only improve if you have the predisposition for it. I'll never be able to pass like Pirlo, dribble like Messi or shoot like Ibrahimovic, cause I don't have the intrinsic talent for it. But if I worked like Lukaku and made the same sacrifices every day, I suppose I'd probably be playing in the Belgian second division by now.

He will probably never be a technical marvel, and I agree a lot of it is down to natural talent, but those skills can be worked on and improved. He clearly has the power already (he's a genetic freak and has been since he was a boy), he has the ability to score goals, and I don't think he's actually making the most of his raw power yet, which is frightening. He will bully players even more and learn how to play that lone striker role like Drogba did. Better passing, decision making and touch will come, but they'll never be his biggest assets or the things that make him great, as you suggest.

Great player in the making, if he continues to work hard and develop his game. I've said before I'm more about intelligent, technical players than physical ones, but I admit to having a fondness for strong, influential strikers in the mould of Drogba.

Edited by Nikica