IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Did anyone read Mourinho's comments yesterday regarding Lukaku? He was asked if he regretted letting Lukaku go and he replied "it's one thing to play for Everton, another to play for Chelsea".

Really?! Even though we play the same teams?!

You know, I absolutely loved CHelsea before Mourinho arrived... I could predict th course of every game cause they had their specific style of play no one else in the world had. Mourinho just threw it all over and, fair to say, he ruined it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/04/romelu-lukaku-everton-jose-mourinho

He's a popular subject for the press at the moment.

Do not mention the Belgians. José Mourinho has heard one of them crop up over the past week or so and he did not seem to like it. The Chelseamanager was questioned about the omission of Kevin De Bruyne from his squads against Tottenham Hotspur and Steaua Bucharest and, on the second occasion, he stood up and left his press conference.

It is another of the club's Belgian contingent, however, who appears to pose a greater threat to his cool.

The English press probably don't know him as well, but it's a far greater shame that De Bruyne isn't playing for Chelsea than that Lukaku isn't. He has been outshining everyone but Kompany for Belgium for the past two years or so.

Do not mention the Belgians. José Mourinho has heard one of them crop up over the past week or so and he did not seem to like it. The Chelseamanager was questioned about the omission of Kevin De Bruyne from his squads against Tottenham Hotspur and Steaua Bucharest and, on the second occasion, he stood up and left his press conference.

It is another of the club's Belgian contingent, however, who appears to pose a greater threat to his cool.

The English press probably don't know him as well, but it's a far greater shame that De Bruyne isn't playing for Chelsea than that Lukaku isn't. He has been outshining everyone but Kompany for Belgium for the past two years or so.

Yes and so, if EFC wish to do a bargain, that's a top player right there. Mourinho said there is no player in the world like Özil, not even a bad one. He has the best alternative in the world right underneath his nose and he's completely blind to it... He's an amazing assist-man and his kicking technique is world class too.

Edited by Mirallas

Seems likely he will be in the starting eleven for sometime to come then.

Love the fact that he has verbally acknowledged one of my concerns that I mentioned the other day - Lukaku's lack of endurance to sustain his impressive 45 minute work rate for longer. The very fact he countered with stats is encouraging, it tells me he has a strategy - why else take a stats if you aren't gonna work with it "what gets measured gets attended to" - expecting big things off the big man - especially the derby!