IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

If there was an issue its that the loan fee – rumoured to be as much as £5m. This, along with us supposedly picking up the full tab for Barry’s £6m per year wage, is around £10m on two players who potentially won’t be at the club next season, which is Brighthouse economics from the club.

bugger me thats a lot of money!

Howard

Jags Distin

Coleman Baines

McCarthy Gibson

Miralles Gerald

Lukaku Jela

First of all, 4 purely offensive players is surreal. and second of all, Bary is not a benchwarmer at EFC :P I think McCarthy has more chance of being benched, definitely in the beginning, rather than Barry. If you insist on McCarthy being a starter right away, then Gibson would probably be the one being benched. But I think Gibson - Barry is the way to go. Barry is used to playing with attacking wealth, he can handle it.

Gareth Barry doesn't earn £6 million a year does he? I thought it was £5 million - either way a lot of money if Man City are not going to contribute. Would we not have been better off offering a smallish fee and trying to get him to lower his wage demands on a perm deal?

Everton was negociating not having to pay all of Barry's wages. So City should still be carrying some of it.

Unless City knew the truth, that we were desperate to land a DCM and that we had no-one else lined up to replace Felli. I think Fernando was our smoke screen to help negotiate the McCarthy and Barry deals. Our cover blew and it cost us a mil more for McCarthy and we probably have to pay a bigger portion of Barrys wages.

Everton are crap at transfers but this time we got a handful really usefull players. Deulofeu, McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku, Alcaraz (when fit) Robles (future no 1) Kone (will come good)

I honestly could see all 7 in a starting 11.

........................Robles.........................

Coleman...Jags......Alcaraz......Baines

...............McCarthy.....Barry................

Deulofeu..................................Mirallas

.................Kone..........Lukaku............

Not my prefered starting 11 but I wouldnt be ashamed if we started a game like that.

In fairness to Man City though why would they want to pay any of his wages, he can leave for free at the end of the season and really they wanted to sell him not loan him. We were not in the best negotiating position anyway at the final hour and needing some extra numbers in midfield

Well if he's not goijng to be of any use this season, they might as well have someone else pay the majority of his wages and keeping him fit at the highest level at the same time.

Lukaku may not always be as great as you may think, a bit like Kone, he seems to revel in the lone role, do not be surprised by the games he looks a little bit lost, he is still very young and sometimes it shows, still wish we had him back though.

The thing about a guy like Lukaku is that he is similar to Fellaini. Even when he's having a shit game the simple fact that he exists creates problems for the opposition. He eats up a ton of space and you have to watch him at all times. That creates room for others. Even when he's not producing it will be an upgrade over the irrelevance of Kone/Jelavic so far this season.

The thing about a guy like Lukaku is that he is similar to Fellaini. Even when he's having a shit game the simple fact that he exists creates problems for the opposition. He eats up a ton of space and you have to watch him at all times. That creates room for others. Even when he's not producing it will be an upgrade over the irrelevance of Kone/Jelavic so far this season.

Very true, his presence is huge.

I might have some news that's not too positive: according to the Belgian media, Lukaku isn't too happy with his loan deal at EFC :( (Dumbass, you better be happy, this is the best place you can be at)

Belgian media have been more accurate and better informed on the Lukaku matter, as well as the Fellaini matter on deadline day, so I trust this is probably true.

I might have some news that's not too positive: according to the Belgian media, Lukaku isn't too happy with his loan deal at EFC :( (Dumbass, you better be happy, this is the best place you can be at)

Belgian media have been more accurate and better informed on the Lukaku matter, as well as the Fellaini matter on deadline day, so I trust this is probably true.

“Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same” Alan Ball.

He will probably want to move permanently after this next year.

To be fair on Lukaku, if he was given a choice he would have picked WBA. I think we were willing to pay more on the transfer fee and that's why we got him. Lukaku wanted to go back to WBA as he scored 17 goals in 20 starts, that is some record. He is probably a little bit nervous about how it will turn out, will he score goals or will he be another Jelavic - good first season then rubbish the next..

To be fair on Lukaku, if he was given a choice he would have picked WBA. I think we were willing to pay more on the transfer fee and that's why we got him. Lukaku wanted to go back to WBA as he scored 17 goals in 20 starts, that is some record. He is probably a little bit nervous about how it will turn out, will he score goals or will he be another Jelavic - good first season then rubbish the next..

so long as he has a good first season with us too, dont care about the next on since hes on loan :)