IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Listening to Greg o'keefe from the Liverpool echo on the radio and he was saying he had spoken to some of the players regarding lukaku in training. Apparently he is amazing, smashing them in from everywhere and they all think he is gonna be a monster for us. Good thing because I dont think I can watch much more of jelly anymore, he is awful. Doesn't hold the ball up, slow and doesn't link the play up. I was made up mirallas was given a go up top and he looked a real threat

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/09/18/chelsea-line-up-sensational-25m-january-window-offer-for-aston-villa-striker-christian-benteke/

They state no source, but it's a rumor that's been popping up every now and then. If it were to be true, hypothetically, who knows we might have a chance to keep Lukaku permanently? Chances he'll be sold will be considerable.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/09/18/chelsea-line-up-sensational-25m-january-window-offer-for-aston-villa-striker-christian-benteke/

They state no source, but it's a rumor that's been popping up every now and then. If it were to be true, hypothetically, who knows we might have a chance to keep Lukaku permanently? Chances he'll be sold will be considerable.

Even if he was sold I very much doubt we'd be able to afford him.

Good pic that Av - I think he's going to be a beast for us. I honestly feel top 4 is a possibility - tough but potentially achievable if we keep main players fit.

Thanks mate. I've not really watched him despite his good season so it will be interesting to see what happens. If he plays every week though, we will have a few strikers worth very little by the time we have to give him back, so my own preference would be to have our own strikers scoring goals.

Yes I was impressed by his link-up play. A nice range of passing with a good weight on the ball, and was directly involved in two of the goals. He put a lovely ball through to release Barkley to win one of the Baines free kicks, and sent Mirallas away down the right with another good ball to cross for the winner.

If I'm to be critical he appears slightly "uncoordinated" with his feet when receiving the ball at times. But he alleviates this using his massive frame. This will improve with game time.

It adds a whole new option for barkleys passing and running game. Barkley can hit him and run on for the return ball, he can get lukaku to take defenders away opening the space for the shot he so often seeks.

Mirallas is going to benefit immensely also, knowing he has a striker who can look after the ball will allow him to gamble more than he was with jelavic.