IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Anybody else have a bitter sweet feeling? The more he scores the more he is hottest property in football

Treasure every moment we have him, if the team plays well behind him we can have a great season.

He wants to show the world he's a great striker, well he's got to do it in an Everton shirt, it can only be good for us.Martinez must eventually plan for life without him, it's what he's paid lots of money for.

Anybody else have a bitter sweet feeling? The more he scores the more he is hottest property in football

What's the point of a weekend if you're going to spend it worrying about monday. He's EFC's now, so let's enjoy every goal he scores :)

But don't shoot him when he has an off day :P Lukaku too can be the victim of that.

He didn't play particularly well imo. He got fantastic grades in all of the papers because of his 2 goals (and history of playing for Anderlecht) of course, but I don't think he touched the ball well once apart from those goals which is something he's going to have to improve if he wants to start ahead of Benteke once he returns or if he wants to return to Chelsea as their number 1 option up front.

It's as though fans are trying to find fault with the guy ffs.

His job is to put the ball in the net. Who cares if he isn't the most graceful player. In the final third he is deadly.

I'm just saying what I saw. Belgium very rarely got into the final third because all moves broke down when he touched it.

I'm not comparing the two but Drogba was far from graceful in front of goal and I'd much rather have a player of that ilk in front of goal then Torres for example who's all round game is more appeasing to some on the eye.

I'd much rather have Drogba than Torres too. Drogba was a genuine target man that kept the ball up though, Lukaku doesn't because the ball jumps away when he tries to control it. At the moment he's far too reliant on his pace and strength to get in behind the defenders.

From an Belgian magazine 11 years ago.. guessing who will be the Belgian stars of the future. It's pretty accurate - Lukaku even wearing this year's away shirt.

A Belgian magazine published this, this week. It shows pictures of their national team from 2002.
xzC9uBV.jpg

As Louis said, it's not from a newspaper in 2002, but from a newspaper this year showing pictures of the guys when they were around 10 years younger.

Dries Mertens was never predicted a great professional footballing career cause he was too short. He had to work his way up from the Belgian second division, over the dutch second division into a lower first division team, to PSV and now Napoli.

Back then, Anthony VDB was predicted to be our "biggest footballing talent" and he doesn't get off the bench in the Belgian pro league.

Edited by Mirallas