IGNORED

Dries Mertens

The Prem is not all about the most technically gifted players. It's about being effective.

The teams that do well have a miox of both. Look at Man Utd, do they have the the 11 most gifted players in the prem? is Rooney the leagues best forward player?

What they do have is a team that works well together and are effective. If you have a striker that does nothing all match but then scores with his only meaningfull touch, and seems to do that each game. then that player is worth s fortune.

If you could offer me a player that will either score or assist every match but do nothing else the rest of the match, then i will play him. Think about it, you can guarantee a goal from that player in 80% of games ... priceless.

If only it was that simple haha!

• 1 month later...

So replace Felli with Mertens and Chadli? Id be up for hat. Id like to keep Felli but looks like thats not going to happen. Could we sell Naismith for 30 mil instead and replace with these two?

Mirallas...Felli....Chadli....Mertens

..................Pienaar......................

.....................on form Jelavic........

Yum

Replace a holding midfielder with 2 attacking ones? What exactly is Everton's plan for holding midfield? Neville, Gibson, Hitz and Barkley? And how many trophies do you plan on winning that way? And how about the defence?

I usually ignore your posts but if Everton sell Felli, theres Gibson in holding.If Everton keep Felli, then he is holding. Either way we have a class holding mid. Thought you would be over the moon with an all Belgian midfield. Now, back on ignore

I usually ignore your posts but if Everton sell Felli, theres Gibson in holding.If Everton keep Felli, then he is holding. Either way we have a class holding mid. Thought you would be over the moon with an all Belgian midfield. Now, back on ignore

There's a real persons feelings behind that username Pete.

Gibson is too injury prone imo. Hopefully Neville won't be involved as much next season and if Felli goes thats us 2 down, we need to bring someone else in, and a winger(like Mertens)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/07/01/dries-mertens-liverpool-face-everton-competition-for-e14m-serie-a-star/

Few links getting around on this one, apparently 14m euro's & enquiry made. Not really a no.10 but can play there, similar to peanuts in my opinion only with goals to his game.

i'd love this. a midfield attacking trio of kevin, dries, and gerry plus lukaku up top seems very pacy. we do love the belgians recently don't we?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...