IGNORED

Tony Hibbert

• 1 year later...

by way of 'success' they are surely in reference to the fine league finishes under Moyes, as we have not won any actual trophy in all the time that Hibbert has been a player. Also played a 'major' success in Moyes' league pedigree?, is that me or just an exaggeration. Ok, some of his tenure has been blighted by injuries, and as a player, has been well recognized for his abilities, particularly in our European Cup season of seven years ago. I don't mind if he hasn't scored yet in his ten years and more, it will be worth waiting for when it finally arrives. Merely a no thrills player that can do a job that goes about his business quietly and with a professional attitude. Hope he takes in the experience against Athens and enjoys his night.

I'm not sure not winning a trophy should be such a slight. Let's be honest, We aren't going to win the league, or anything in Europe, so that limits us to the FA Cup and the League Cup... Arsenal hasn't won anything since 2005, Spurs have one cup win this decade (League Cup 2008). If you think about it, in recent years, the FA Cup has been dominated by the "big clubs", and there have been few exceptions to that trend (Pompey in 2008)... The League Cup has also been dominated by the big clubs (Not as much though), with the exceptions of Leicester, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Blackburn... Let's be frank, we only have two real opportunities to win a trophy each year, and a single loss means elimination. Winning a Cup is not easy, and while we should absolutely give the Cups our full support, I can't say we or any other club in England can go into such a large tournament and EXPECT to come out with a trophy. Moye and Everton have not been a failure over the past ten years, and its amazing what he has done on such limited resources when people like City, Chelsea, United etc are all spending big money, and even clubs who used to be below us are now spending a decent amount of money to try to reach our level.

Rooney wanted to play in a blue shirt again. Sorry but the only way that should happen is if he runs his contract down at united and joins us as a 29/30 year old on a standard salary.

If and only if, he has miles left on the clock would it go some way to making me feel better as to the way he left. That said, I don't think it was all him either.

I've slated Him a few times in the past but You can't knock the bloke on His work ethic, He's a loyal workhorse who always puts in a shift and gives His all......still no pace or ball control useless fucker happy.png

I'd love Him to score as everyone would He deserves that unforgettable moment in His career for being the professional He is.

1himage_normal.jpgsteven naismith@naisy14

Cheers hibbo score 3 and couldn't get the fans on the park then u bag and the place goes mental hahaha great sight amazing to see

12mT_normal.jpgSylvain Distin@sylvaind15tin

Tonight Hibbo made history.... I know I shouldn't say that but thanks guys for the riot. You stuck to your words looool. Great night it was.

Edited by pete0

I'm glad Rooney didn't play now, I bet in the riot some idiot would have swung for him or something mental. The riot was all in good faith and added to the whole 'Hibbo atmousphere', I'll never forget today and I never want to, the feeling I got when Hibbert scored was amazing and seeing people in Goodison that happy was wonderful.

Bring on 2012/13 !!

An odd contradiction against the club by David Moyes after the game:

"I was disappointed the crowd came on the pitch because it would've been great for Tony to have enjoyed the moment actually scoring a goal on the field, but actually in a way it got ruined because too many people came on"

Do you think the club promoting the game as "If Hibbo scores we riot" might have encouraged the pitch invasion, Davie?!?!

An odd contradiction against the club by David Moyes after the game:

"I was disappointed the crowd came on the pitch because it would've been great for Tony to have enjoyed the moment actually scoring a goal on the field, but actually in a way it got ruined because too many people came on"

Do you think the club promoting the game as "If Hibbo scores we riot" might have encouraged the pitch invasion, Davie?!?!

Had the same thought.