IGNORED

Tony Hibbert

In fairness, that is a bit shady but it's the job of his agent to make sure communications with the club are kept alive. They (Everton) probably didn't go about it the right way (not telling him personally) but going to the Daily Fail of all places and selling a story about the employers who've paid you handsomely (& overly generously) for the last few years, is probably even more snide.

What doesn't make sense is the fact he openly states he's still training at FF. So no one at the club has spoken to him about that? I don't think so.

Sorry, but it's not just down to his agent and, knowing agents as we do, I'm sure he would've been on the blower to ask more than once as he'd likely get a cut.

He shouldn't have gone to the papers (and might not have done - this is the Daily Mail after all, could just be some guy from the pub who overheard Hibbert). The club also don't have a professional obligation either. The agent may well have tried, he might not have, who knows. For me, it's just a matter of courtesy and takes minimal effort.

Very important that the daily fail and Hibbert read this - https://www.clubcall.com/everton/martinez-putting-off-contract-talks-1803699.html

Martinez made it clear that he knew their contracts were up at the end of the season and would discuss the contracts in the summer - which was always his policy. He was sacked before the season ended..... so who makes the decision on the contract renewals? The manager........ Koeman came in well after the season ended and these players were out of contract.

Personally I would have blown a gasket if someone who wasn't a manager approved an extension.

I expect the club will announce something to this effect.

Thats all fair enough and I agree. What I don't agree with is the new manager spending 2 mins to say "sorry lads, you're not in my plans" or someone from the club speaking on the managers behalf.

This is like people who don't say thanks to people who hold the door open. Are they obligated to do so? Absolutely not, but it's basic manners and it drives me fucking nuts.

Sorry, but it's not just down to his agent and, knowing agents as we do, I'm sure he would've been on the blower to ask more than once as he'd likely get a cut.

He shouldn't have gone to the papers (and might not have done - this is the Daily Mail after all, could just be some guy from the pub who overheard Hibbert). The club also don't have a professional obligation either. The agent may well have tried, he might not have, who knows. For me, it's just a matter of courtesy and takes minimal effort.

Thats all fair enough and I agree. What I don't agree with is the new manager spending 2 mins to say "sorry lads, you're not in my plans" or someone from the club speaking on the managers behalf.

This is like people who don't say thanks to people who hold the door open. Are they obligated to do so? Absolutely not, but it's basic manners and it drives me fucking nuts.

Again Matt - it is pure bad luck that Martinez decided to look at contracts at the end of the season, he never got to do that. My guess is that if he did address it then they would maybe have been offered coaching roles or they would have been given the Tim Howard send off.

It will have been a case of Koeman coming in and having a full list of players (probably 50+ including youth etc) and his attention will have been drawn to 3 players who were out of contract - aged over 33 who earned £150k+ between them. I think it was just one of many small details mixed in with many big things going on at the club.

Its no where near as bad as what hibbert makes out.

Just to add, when we had no manager Gibson had his contract extended. So someone was dealing with players and contracts at the time.

Exactly. Which is why I don't believe he knew nothing.

Gibson's agent would have been working on his contract for a a few weeks at least I'd imagine.

Just to add, when we had no manager Gibson had his contract extended. So someone was dealing with players and contracts at the time.

To be honest I have no come back for that one.... but as above it does appear that player will have known. We3 just let ourselves down a wee bit...

but seriously - he has had a couple of million handed to him for nothing in his last contract,,,,, doesn't make it right but it would be enough to make me think twice about going to the papers.

Edited by Hafnia

Someone could've told him he wasn't getting his contract renewed, but he had to know it wasn't going to be.

12 appearances in the last 4 seasons? Come on, Tony.

It's just a bit of miscommunication, and I really don't think he should've bad-mouthed the club. That said, the club could have acted more professionally.

Someone could've told him he wasn't getting his contract renewed, but he had to know it wasn't going to be.

12 appearances in the last 4 seasons? Come on, Tony.

It's just a bit of miscommunication, and I really don't think he should've bad-mouthed the club. That said, the club could have acted more professionally.

Probably the most reasonable response so far

Hibberts contract was due to end at the end of June.... Martinez was sacked in May.

From May to June/July the club was frantically dealing with trying to get in a manager and a DOF. The person responsible for making the decision to offer him a contract had gone - what did Tony expect? Did he really think that he would be a priority in having his contract sorted? was it going to be top of Koemans agenda when he came in?

Its unfortunate that he along with Ossie never got to say goodbye but the timing of events left everything up in the air.

His whole "peoples club" jibes and mentioning Kenwright not texting or anything is a disgrace. He as a blue should have been able to take stock of the situation and realise that a testimonial and a nice retirement contract he got 2 years ago was more than generous. Did he really think he was getting a new contract??? of course he didn't. The club was up in the air and his situation was not a priority - not ideal but that's the way it is.

If he came out and said something like "I'm disappointed I never got to say goodbye to the fans - I thought I may have had my situation officially resolved but the timing of the management changes meant it was all up in the air. Proud to have played for Everton blah blah blah"

But no... he had to do the whole sad puppy dog look that you see in the echo when the Jones family had their £5000 holiday cancelled with no refund holding up a letter with the kids sat behind them looking sad. Absolute joke. He's took a pot shot at the club and I'm disgusted that he chose to do it. You expected this sort of thing from Van Der Meyde not hibbert.

Yep , saved me swearing 300 times in those paragraphs. Spot on this.

Hibbo will get up tomorrow morning in his 6 bedroom detached house, have breakfast then probaby do a few weights in his own gym. After that a sauna then put on his 10 grand rolex and designer clobber and jump in his 60 grand rangie and go for a game of golf or carp fishing. He'll eat out later in a nice restaurant then go home and smash his bird who if he wasn't a footballer wouldn't look twice at. When he's finished he'll wipe his dick on the sillk sheets and roll over and go to sleep. The cleaner will sort the sheets out tomorrow.

I feel sorry for him every day when I'm going to work to pay my bills. My fucking heart bleeds for him.

Hibbo will get up tomorrow morning in his 6 bedroom detached house, have breakfast then probaby do a few weights in his own gym. After that a sauna then put on his 10 grand rolex and designer clobber and jump in his 60 grand rangie and go for a game of golf or carp fishing. He'll eat out later in a nice restaurant then go home and smash his bird who if he wasn't a footballer wouldn't look twice at. When he's finished he'll wipe his dick on the sillk sheets and roll over and go to sleep. The cleaner will sort the sheets out tomorrow.

I feel sorry for him every day when I'm going to work to pay my bills. My fucking heart bleeds for him.

Hahaha, lovin that!

So, because he's made a handsome living over 25 years at the club, he doesn't deserve to be treated with even the smallest gesture of courtesy?

He is still being allowed to train at the club he was given a testimonial and a 2 year extention when he should have beenfucked off 5 years prior to it. People banging on like he was a loyal servant, no other fucker would have wanted him. He stole a fucking living for 5 or 6 years fromus and now he's all poor old me meanold Everton fucked me off. Fucks sake Matt he must have known EXACTLY what was coming so why hasn't he instructed his agent to find out? I'll tell you why, he probably doesn't have one cos he's never needed one!!

Did he come to us and say "listen I'm not going to take the pissand sign a new deal cos I'm fucked and I wont play anyway" did he fuck he took the money and kept his frogfaced beady eyed fish lipped trap shut.

I like the new Everton. "Tony, fuck off lad you've taken the piss far too long sponging a living off us now get to fuck" no wonder we were always skint letting hangers on like him steal a living from us.

Fuck Hibbert and his sensitivity he cancuddle a million pounds he stole from the club last year.

Chill out man, I'm championing manners more than I am Hibbert

:lol: I'm chilled. Just stripping it down to the bare bones mate.

Hibberts showed no manners steaiing a living fromus, he should be grateful we put up with him for so long not expecting us to throw a red carpet out for him.

Hope he doesn't catch another fish all year!

Chill out man, I'm championing manners more than I am Hibbert

I'm not sure running off crying to an absolute waste of a paper shows him to be any better mannered to be honest.

He's totally slated the club that has given him a living all his life. He's had to do nothing to earn his money in recent years.

Oh but someone at the club should have....blah blah...here's a little idea...how's about morale high ground Tony speak to someone at the club about it instead of running to a shit rag?!

The whole thing is a load of crap.

This just makes me jealous! Haha

I'm not sure running off crying to an absolute waste of a paper shows him to be any better mannered to be honest.

He's totally slated the club that has given him a living all his life. He's had to do nothing to earn his money in recent years.

Oh but someone at the club should have....blah blah...here's a little idea...how's about morale high ground Tony speak to someone at the club about it instead of running to a shit rag?!

The whole thing is a load of crap.

Come on Newts. He's still had to turn in everyday. Train, be at meetings etc etc. There's plenty of other employees throughout the world who do pretty much jack shit and earn a wage.