IGNORED

Tony Hibbert

The game was always promoted as 'If Hibbo scores we riot' and in the half-time interval they boomed 'I Predict A Riot' over the tannoy, I don't think Everton can really complain about what happened. I don't think Moyes is telling the press his true feelings though, he'd probably get in trouble with the FA for condoning such behaviour from the fans.

Players such as Ross Barkley, Sylvain Distin and even Tony himself have expressed their gratitude to the fans for running onto the pitch so I don't think anyones too bothered.

DM doesn't seem the type that keeps up-to-date with the way that the marketing at the club works and talk before the game with the fans and even the players, so he's likely missed out on the spirit it was intended. Looking at him in the interview he does seem genuinely a little pissed off about the invasion.

Amazing isn't it, Hibbert scores for the first time in ten/eleven years and it's his Testimonial game. Let's let him take a free kick with a goalscoring opportunity last night, Hibbert may not score again until the end of his Everton or playing career. You can understand some people wanting to have a charge on to the field last night, grown men were also prominent, wasn't just teenagers or kids, maybe intoxicants were involved, as well as a spontaneous moment of 'Hibbert scores' on his big night. Yes, it was only a friendly with overseas opposition, the scoreline suggests the Greece side were disappointing and didn't present much of a challenge, good for Naismith getting three last night, but we'll see how he fares against more testing opposition in a few weeks. But last night was Hibberts night, got the goal on his testimonial night, could be quite a wait for the next strike, but the kid obviously enjoyed himself and has broken his Toffee duck. The pitch invasion happened, I wouldn't have participated if present, looks like all involved had an eventful night.

• 9 months later...

He was one of Moyes' favorites, and he's become one of mine too after some dodgy moments - I love him, but he'll never be 'fashionable'. WIth Coleman in the form of his life, Stones in the wings, injuries and most importantly a new manager, I wonder what his future will be. Moyes always said 'as long as I'm at the club, Tony will always have a job here'. I worry about the lad.

He was one of Moyes' favorites, and he's become one of mine too after some dodgy moments - I love him, but he'll never be 'fashionable'. WIth Coleman in the form of his life, Stones in the wings, injuries and most importantly a new manager, I wonder what his future will be. Moyes always said 'as long as I'm at the club, Tony will always have a job here'. I worry about the lad.

So do i, i would like him to start today just to see if his career is back on track. Push Coleman forward and move Mirallas inside for the missing Osman.

• 3 years later...

My heart absolutely bleeds for him. A very average player that wouldn't have got near another side challenging for Europe.

I'm glad the club is more dog eat dog now like he says, it means we're finally living in the real world.

This...

I don't have a care for Hibbert but I do for Everton so his complaints fall on deaf ears, what does he actually have to complain about?

Thanks you've made me a millionaire given me contracts that far outweigh my ability kept me onboard when I've had practically no part to play for the last few seasons

A good servant to the club and I appreciate all that but the man should realise how fortunate he's been, dafty

Can't believe people think letting someone go after 25 years without the slightest bit of notice is ok. Yes, he's made a handsome living (though one of our "cheaper" squadies at 22k a week), but it's just common decency to say to the guy "thanks for everything, but we've decided not to extend your contract" rather than say nothing. Absolutely no class or respect shown, that 1 phrase is all that was needed and it took 5 seconds to write...

Edited by Matt

Can't believe people think letting someone go after 25 years without the slightest bit of notice is ok. Yes, he's made a handsome living (though one of our "cheaper" squadies at 22k a week), but it's just common decency to say to the guy "thanks for everything, but we've decided not to extend your contract" rather than say nothing. Absolutely no class or respect shown, that 1 phrase is all that was needed and it took 5 seconds to write...

I'm with you Matt. Disgusting behaviour and the people at the club should be ashamed of themselves.

Do we really believe that someone's contract was just allowed to run out without anyone at the club saying it won't be renewed? I don't believe it for a second.

I'm guessing Hibbert has an agent? So at no point did either Hibbert or his agent speak to anyone at the club?

I'm not convinced at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3726226/Tony-Hibbert-slams-dog-eat-dog-Everton-finding-released-Toffees-website.html

Fook me... he's really taken the moral high ground on this one hasn't he?

I'm disappointed in the club for allowing him the opportunity to do this. The club should have got in contact and let them know before the season was out that they weren't having their contracts renewed but we had a temporary management!

I think bad timings is what has caused this plus a little bit of an oversight by the club. Let's be honest there was plenty of stuff to get through. He mentions the lack of texts from Bill etc??? Deary fuckin me... it seems Tony is a whinging little prick.... funny cos I remember Wayne Rooney being interviewed saying hibbert was an unbelievable moaner.

Sorry the way it turned out Tony... thanks for not demanding more than you were worth despite no teams ever expressing an interest in you.

not with me he hasn't.

Hibberts contract was due to end at the end of June.... Martinez was sacked in May.

From May to June/July the club was frantically dealing with trying to get in a manager and a DOF. The person responsible for making the decision to offer him a contract had gone - what did Tony expect? Did he really think that he would be a priority in having his contract sorted? was it going to be top of Koemans agenda when he came in?

Its unfortunate that he along with Ossie never got to say goodbye but the timing of events left everything up in the air.

His whole "peoples club" jibes and mentioning Kenwright not texting or anything is a disgrace. He as a blue should have been able to take stock of the situation and realise that a testimonial and a nice retirement contract he got 2 years ago was more than generous. Did he really think he was getting a new contract??? of course he didn't. The club was up in the air and his situation was not a priority - not ideal but that's the way it is.

If he came out and said something like "I'm disappointed I never got to say goodbye to the fans - I thought I may have had my situation officially resolved but the timing of the management changes meant it was all up in the air. Proud to have played for Everton blah blah blah"

But no... he had to do the whole sad puppy dog look that you see in the echo when the Jones family had their £5000 holiday cancelled with no refund holding up a letter with the kids sat behind them looking sad. Absolute joke. He's took a pot shot at the club and I'm disgusted that he chose to do it. You expected this sort of thing from Van Der Meyde not hibbert.

Hibberts contract was due to end at the end of June.... Martinez was sacked in May.

From May to June/July the club was frantically dealing with trying to get in a manager and a DOF. The person responsible for making the decision to offer him a contract had gone - what did Tony expect? Did he really think that he would be a priority in having his contract sorted? was it going to be top of Koemans agenda when he came in?

Its unfortunate that he along with Ossie never got to say goodbye but the timing of events left everything up in the air.

His whole "peoples club" jibes and mentioning Kenwright not texting or anything is a disgrace. He as a blue should have been able to take stock of the situation and realise that a testimonial and a nice retirement contract he got 2 years ago was more than generous. Did he really think he was getting a new contract??? of course he didn't. The club was up in the air and his situation was not a priority - not ideal but that's the way it is.

If he came out and said something like "I'm disappointed I never got to say goodbye to the fans - I thought I may have had my situation officially resolved but the timing of the management changes meant it was all up in the air. Proud to have played for Everton blah blah blah"

But no... he had to do the whole sad puppy dog look that you see in the echo when the Jones family had their £5000 holiday cancelled with no refund holding up a letter with the kids sat behind them looking sad. Absolute joke. He's took a pot shot at the club and I'm disgusted that he chose to do it. You expected this sort of thing from Van Der Meyde not hibbert.

Personally, I believe in a bit of common decency. If the club didn't bother to take the 2 minutes to inform him, that's a disgrace.

Personally, I believe in a bit of common decency. If the club didn't bother to take the 2 minutes to inform him, that's a disgrace.

In fairness, that is a bit shady but it's the job of his agent to make sure communications with the club are kept alive. They (Everton) probably didn't go about it the right way (not telling him personally) but going to the Daily Fail of all places and selling a story about the employers who've paid you handsomely (& overly generously) for the last few years, is probably even more snide.

What doesn't make sense is the fact he openly states he's still training at FF. So no one at the club has spoken to him about that? I don't think so.

Very important that the daily fail and Hibbert read this - https://www.clubcall.com/everton/martinez-putting-off-contract-talks-1803699.html

Martinez made it clear that he knew their contracts were up at the end of the season and would discuss the contracts in the summer - which was always his policy. He was sacked before the season ended..... so who makes the decision on the contract renewals? The manager........ Koeman came in well after the season ended and these players were out of contract.

Personally I would have blown a gasket if someone who wasn't a manager approved an extension.

I expect the club will announce something to this effect.