IGNORED

Arteta

Playing for Arsenal isn't going to make Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc just disappear.

Arteta in the right team will open enough eyes to get a call up. He was given the nod before he was injured. I'm sure that will happen again if he can find form, especially if he plays for one of the best footballing sides in the world.

Arteta in the right team will open enough eyes to get a call up. He was given the nod before he was injured. I'm sure that will happen again if he can find form, especially if he plays for one of the best footballing sides in the world.

He was watched - never given the nod.

Fabregas played for one of the best footballing sides in the world and still couldn't displace Xavi, Inesta or Busquets from the Spanish team.

Fabregas played for one of the best footballing sides in the world and still couldn't displace Xavi, Inesta or Busquets from the Spanish team.

Thats because they played for the best footballing side in the world Mark, will be interesting how he fits into that team now. As for Arteta i dont think by joining Valencia or Arse or whoever he will displace any of those the simple fact is that they are all better players than him. That said he would get watched more playing in Spain or a top 4 team.

The more i see Barkley play the less concerned i am about Arteta leaving.

Edited by scouse

Thats because they played for the best footballing side in the world Mark, will be interesting how he fits into that team now. As for Arteta i dont think by joining Valencia or Arse or whoever he will displace any of those the simple fact is that they are all better players than him. That said he would get watched more playing in Spain or a top 4 team.

Not debating that, my point is that no matter who Arteta plays for he will not get in the Spanish side ahead of any of the players I mentioned. Avinalaff said Arteta would get in there based on him playing for one of the best footballing sides in the world (Arsenal) so I pointed out that Fabregas played for Arsenal and still didn't get in ahead of them.

Edited by Romey 1878

Can i add Alonso into the debate? personally for me i saw him as the heart of their midfield in the world cup.

there are at least five better spanish players who often get a game for spain, im sure there will be quite a few in the spanish league who we dont know about as well.

Can i add Alonso into the debate? personally for me i saw him as the heart of their midfield in the world cup.

there are at least five better spanish players who often get a game for spain, im sure there will be quite a few in the spanish league who we dont know about as well.

By the time you lot have finished Wenger won't want him. laugh.png

Don't bother Arsene, he's shite.

Save your money and buy Barton. doh.gif

By the time you lot have finished Wenger won't want him. laugh.png

Don't bother Arsene, he's shite.

Save your money and buy Barton. doh.gif

I would also have the others ahead of Arteta.

Xavi

Iniesta

Fabregas

Alonso

Perhaps Arteta, not even sure if he would be 5th choice.

But hey, Arteta is still an extreemly good player. Even if he is 5th choice...... Its spain ffs. European champions, World champions, highest ranking team in the world. (which is not always the same as the world champions)

Im sure he will get more eyes on him if he played in a better team than Everton. However I dont think it will help him to get into the spanish team.

I would also have the others ahead of Arteta.

Xavi

Iniesta

Fabregas

Alonso

Perhaps Arteta, not even sure if he would be 5th choice.

But hey, Arteta is still an extreemly good player. Even if he is 5th choice...... Its spain ffs. European champions, World champions, highest ranking team in the world. (which is not always the same as the world champions)

Im sure he will get more eyes on him if he played in a better team than Everton. However I dont think it will help him to get into the spanish team.

Thiago alcantara is ahead of him IMO, 20 and has a full cap. New xavi.

Arteta may well be one of the most talented players of his generation not to be capped at full level. Pity.

So guys don't get picked on form any more, but because of who they are?

If Arteta plays his ass off, he will get noticed, regardless of who else is in contention. If he can get in the squad, the rest is down to form. No manager in his right mind will ignore a player if that player shines brightly enough.

If Arteta plays his ass off, he will get noticed, regardless of who else is in contention. If he can get in the squad, the rest is down to form. No manager in his right mind will ignore a player if that player shines brightly enough.

Arteta isn't even the best player at Everton lately me thinks. The boy has gone backwards, pity.

Arteta isn't even the best player at Everton lately me thinks. The boy has gone backwards, pity.

It's not about now mate, but if moving to Arsenal or similar would resurrect his career and give him the limelight needed in which to get the call.

Arteta at his best is quite a player, but I don't think we'll see his best at Everton again. He could thrive playing for a better footballing side.

I dont think Arteta has recovered from his knee injury totally yet. Physically maybe but not mentally, he doesnt appear to have it in him to go into areas where the studs are flying hence the sideways football we are seeing. I hope he gets back to the level he was at because he used to be worth the gate money on his own some games.

It's not about now mate, but if moving to Arsenal or similar would resurrect his career and give him the limelight needed in which to get the call.

Arteta at his best is quite a player, but I don't think we'll see his best at Everton again. He could thrive playing for a better footballing side.

Av, he is 70% of the player he was IMO. If he went city he would not get in the Spanish national team. They have 3 of the best midfielders in the world in fabregas, xavi, iniesta. Throw in others like busquets, alonso, thiago and it's a joke! They have an embarrassment of riches.

When arteta was at his best 3 years ago I was in Cyprus talking to a Spanish bloke who was like an oracle on footy. The spanish are well aware of arteta and his talents, the reality was back then that there were too many better than him. It doesn't matter who he played for. Playing in the premier league is enough in itself. They have given caps to Spanish players at far less illustrious clubs than everton.

No, no one was saying that at all. The likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Silva, etc etc shine week in week out. If he's playing better than them then by all means play him ahead of them, but even at his best Arteta isn't as good as them.