IGNORED

Arteta

I for some reason get the feeling he will be off. Think it may suit both parties, by all accounts he wants to go back to spain, if we could get £12m plus then I would say yes. I would get Barton (prob £3m if he says he will run contract down) - please let's not start getting all moral about him, he's had plenty of chances and seems to be taking this last one.

We may well have plenty of options in central midfield aside arteta (barkley, rodwell, felli, osman)

He is 29 and has had a pretty bad injury, and yes it does seem to have taken an edge off him.

We may well have plenty of options in central midfield aside arteta (barkley, rodwell, felli, osman)

He is 29 and has had a pretty bad injury, and yes it does seem to have taken an edge off him.

OMG. I agree with you Haf. Plus getting Mikky off the top earners list could also pave way for the funds to be spend on a possible striker (who'll want higher wages) or more attacking talent?

Edit. Not ness the Barton bit

Edited by tenaciousj

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Being linked to Arsenal (by CaughtOffside).

http://www.caughtoff...as-replacement/

Wenger might be cheap enough to consider him fabregas' replacement. I hope it's true, however unlikely.

For the right price, it would be a good move for everyone, and probably give him a chance of International football. We've had nothing from him for a long time now.

These players have to be replaced, if we just keep selling and not replacing we will have no players left, so no money is saved.

Having said that, I WOULD sell him for about £10m and buy a winger or striker, Barkley looks well capable of doing Arteta's midfield role.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/207747/Arsenal-launch-Mikel-Arteta-bid/

Arsenal face competition from Malaga and Valencia. Valencia now have a wedge after selling Mata. Both clubs apparently prepared to pay £10million for him.

I dont think 10mill is too bad for a player who has had injuries problems and isnt getting any younger. A wonderful footballer at his best but will we see that again consistently and for how many more years?

I love arteta and am gutted his best season for us was when cahill was out for the whole season as together they were amazing. But he still has sell on value now and is on high wages so I think let him go and let barkly take over. WIlshire plays alot at the gunners so why not give barkley the same opportunity.

id rather him go back to spain than arsenal, but we cant turn down £10m imo

Agreed. I think Spain would be better for us, because with a weaker Arsenal, you never know how close we'd come to competing with them. Plus for his family, i think he'd prefer to go 'home' so to speak.

I love arteta and am gutted his best season for us was when cahill was out for the whole season as together they were amazing. But he still has sell on value now and is on high wages so I think let him go and let barkly take over. WIlshire plays alot at the gunners so why not give barkley the same opportunity.

Barkley will step up, easily and giving him Arteta's role makes sense. Once Coleman's back, it'll be exciting to see how they'll play together because Ross plays with his head up looking for runs and if Seamus can get back to his no-nonsense running style, we'll have a good little combo on our hands.

Arteta has to go to Arsenal.

He would put himself back on the map, and almost guarantee a call up if it went well. He is a huge player for us, but I think we've had the best out of him. I don't think our team inspire him any more, and he needs a fresh challenge.

A little higher than 10m though.

They have money to spend, and 2 years ago would have had to pay more than double that. He is worth 25m to Wenger, as he can knit it all together, so I think he'll fetch at least 15m with add ons.

Arteta has to go to Arsenal.

He would put himself back on the map, and almost guarantee a call up if it went well. He is a huge player for us, but I think we've had the best out of him. I don't think our team inspire him any more, and he needs a fresh challenge.

A little higher than 10m though.

They have money to spend, and 2 years ago would have had to pay more than double that. He is worth 25m to Wenger, as he can knit it all together, so I think he'll fetch at least 15m with add ons.

Playing for Arsenal isn't going to make Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc just disappear.