IGNORED

Arteta

Maybe Wenger is just pissing about, so he can say on 1 September 'I tried to buy, but the negotitations were too long/expensive...'.

In any case, I think even 10m for a player who is nearly 30, on massive wages, injury prone and played poorly the last 2 years is a fair deal. Very sorry to see the lad go though - many happy memories. Only issue is, no time to replace him unless we've a deal in the pipeline somewhere, either that or a youngster comes in.

In any case, this has the whiff that it might go ahead...

Fair point we lack creativity, but even with Arteta in the team at the moment we lack creativity.

Get the 10m and someone else have a bash. Bearing in mind it's 1730 on deadline day and Moyes won't let the yougsters in, it is of course a forlorn, hope

Exactly! So if we don't replace him (which I really think will happen) then we're screwed.

maybe if the drenthe thing is true they see him as the replacement with arteta bein counted as our left winger? wouldn't shock me...

It would be sooooooooo Everton!

Great Drenthe, excellent. Okay sad to see Arteta go but that seems a fair deal. No one else? Oh...

The more I think about it the more it makes sense in my head. I think even Moyes sees Arteta and Cahill as replacable. Only Howard, Baines, Jagielka and Fellaini truly unsellable, I think. Arteta is earning wages way out of proportion to his value to the side.

However, if Yak, Beckford and Arteta go and Drenthe and Stracqualursi are the only in's then I think there will be uproar.

Exactly! So if we don't replace him (which I really think will happen) then we're screwed.

What i mean is, Arteta doen't seem to bring that creativity any more, so take the money and take a risk on someone else. Key word is of course RISK, but keeping him is too. We're unlikely to get a bid that good again, and if he plays like he did the last 18 months, it will be pitiful, plus Moyes will keep him in the team come what way, no matter how poor he is. I love Arteta and would love to think he'll get his old form back, but I don't think so. If we sell, or if we don't, it's a risk.

I'd like to see the money and a new player to have a go. But then I'm a optimistic sort of twat.

Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest, but I will still be angry as fuck. Especially if that Argentinian is the only other signing other than Drenthe.

man you won't believe how mad i will be..i'm just holding it in cos i am givin moyes the credit that he can pull summat out his arse...drenthe might not even be true..that striker might be it..arteta, yak and beckford go and he comes in..i will go and sit outside for 2 hours at 11pm if this is the case and not say a word

The more I think about it the more it makes sense in my head. I think even Moyes sees Arteta and Cahill as replacable. Only Howard, Baines, Jagielka and Fellaini truly unsellable, I think. Arteta is earning wages way out of proportion to his value to the side.

However, if Yak, Beckford and Arteta go and Drenthe and Stracqualursi are the only in's then I think there will be uproar.

Why uproar?

Many fans are content that the club need to offload wages.

I'm only shocked that Beckfords name has been mentioned.

What i mean is, Arteta doen't seem to bring that creativity any more, so take the money and take a risk on someone else. Key word is of course RISK, but keeping him is too. We're unlikely to get a bid that good again, and if he plays like he did the last 18 months, it will be pitiful, plus Moyes will keep him in the team come what way, no matter how poor he is. I love Arteta and would love to think he'll get his old form back, but I don't think so. If we sell, or if we don't, it's a risk.

I'd like to see the money and a new player to have a go. But then I'm a optimistic sort of twat.

We're not going to take a risk on any one though, that's my point. We're going to sell him and bring no one in to replace him.

Gotta say this is the most pissed off I've been on transfer deadline day, can cope with Mikel going in a way as he's hardly on form but with the money probably paying off debt and if not no time to spend the money. Add that to the probable loss of 2 strikers and it shows how fucked we are!!!!!!

I'm usually pretty positive about things but it's getting worse every season so imagine next summer!!!! Anymore of this and relegation is a very serious prospect imo!!!! shaking%20fist.png

I don't get all this shock and disappointment. What we are seeing is a manager having to operate under the constraints that have been made clear of recent.

Whatever your views of the blue union, we are seeing the symptoms of a club in financial turmoil. I'm prepared for all this. Will be sorry to see arteta go. At his best was one of the best.

Edited by Hafnia