IGNORED

Heitinga

You wouldn't expect to come home from a World Cup final and sit on the bench.

I wouldn't have expected him to either, especially when he's better than both of the CB's we're playing atm, of which both have had absolute nightmares of games this season which would warrant either one being dropped for Johnny.

He's too good to sit so often, yet Moyesy clearly thinks Distin is the man. I know we hate on Distin and sometimes rightfully so, but he clearly has a skill set, one quite different from Heitinga, that can be complimentary with Jags.

BUT. Heitinga is a world cup final caliber CB. Period. Doesn't that say something? Wolfsburg is also keeping an eye on American, Jay DeMertit. Now, as an American, I'm proud of what he's given my country, but he's 30 years old and going to go for a steal. If McClaren will settle for Demerit, how much could they possibly offer for Heitinga??

And since Yobo's off munching on some Turkish delight, we'd be short at CB.

All in all, we lose a world class back for probably less than he's worth.

wouldnt like to see johnny go but i think is outburst before the world cup about him talking the ambitions up about man city and he would be iterested in going there, i know everyone gets on dustbins 5.3mill for a 32 year old is a lot of money but he has just got that little bit of class to partner Jags, we should play heitinga a bit more and keep him happy for when dustbin has gone. COYB's

I think its evident something has gone on with Jonny. We all know he should be playing at the back but if he has had a run in with Davey there will only be one winner. I still think Davey is resting him cos he had a big world cup but if he is looking for a move we have to start at £12 million surely?

he is 1 year into a 5 year contract - he isnt going anywhere, falling out or not. As for not being the same player this season, this season is 7 games old so cannot even begin to compare.

if he is frustrated, he will have to suck it up like most of the other players who have to fight for position. this speculation is pointless.

Edited by galacticaracnid

he is 1 year into a 5 year contract - he isnt going anywhere, falling out or not. As for not being the same player this season, this season is 7 games old so cannot even begin to compare.

if he is frustrated, he will have to suck it up like most of the other players who have to fight for position. this speculation is pointless.

Exactly this... Moyes obviously sees something in the Distin/Jags partnership that we dont or he doesnt see something in the Jags/Heits partnership that we do.

I dont expect him to go, and I dont think he would particularly want to go to Wolfsburg.

well it looks like jags is injured so your all going to get your wish j/h will play centre back in the derby game lets hope he lives up to your expectations....i think and its only my opinion that hes over hyped on this forum although id love to be proved wrong.

If he plays like he did against United last season when he had Rooney in his arse pocket from the off we'll be fine.

Played 90 minutes for Holland yesterday. Where? In defence.

The problem with Johnny has been that he havent seemed to fit in squad and in English football. Hes timing aint good enought for centre back(atm) and hes giving hes positions off too easily. I dont know what the problem is with him, but im still hoping he could play better for us. With Johnny and Jags at centre, we would have quite big loss of height in there, even Jags timing and game reading ability is amazing, wich will help there a lot. Felliboy is our way best defensive midfielder atm for sure, so that position is also filled. And i would always like to see Rodders on the field before Johnny also(midfield). So, hes going to have tough way back to starting 11 and he has to improve quite a lot i think. Dont wanna still get rid of him yet, if we arent get quite huge payload off from him. And i dont like the way Distin has been playing either, actually i think thank Yobo would done better job there, but Moysien has hes trust on him.

PS. And ppl talks here about JOhnny in Holland squad. Yes he play regularly. And he fits in there better than us, even hes there also most error prone player. Holland is in same group than Finland, and whwn we met then in Amsterdam, he couldnt handle even Hannover69 benchman Mikael Forssell, who has been injured almost all of last 3 seasons)lot of small injuries not big one) and is really slow these days, and a terrible header.

Edited by LexKing

before everyone goes off on one, he is simply showing how ambitious he is and pointing out a fact.

Extremely tactless and disrespectful though.

"I'm still eligible to play in the competition, since we don't play European football with Everton."

"Every footballer wants to reach the top and I'm already 27-years-old. So this could be the right moment."

Not the sort of thing to say one year into a five year contract.