IGNORED

Heitinga

To be honest apart from good range of passing I don't see an awful lot that can't be replaced for cheaper. He seems to rate himself very highly - the dutch John Terry?! Maybe he is for the wrong reasons - arrogance.

To claim he is the best centre half at the club whether true or not is disrespectful. For me he is the 3rd best which warrants his sale alone. The world cup final was hardly a crowning moment for him, he was sent off in one of the most vile natured teams to play what should have been pure football.

He is one of the top earners at this club - too much to be a shoe in. I see him going to Bayern in the summer, good riddance. Whilst he may have a point about Moyes, he has broken ranks and the writings on the wall for him now. In the time here all he has done is link himself with moves away.

I want to see how Duffy gets on - really hope his trial works out and he gives us an option for next season.

Find it funny how some people have turned on him tbh. He was one of our best players last season and in my opinion is head and shoulders the best CB at the club, proven world class, which Distin definitely is not and Jagielka still has to prove himself to be.

• 2 months later...

Actually those last two articles (one saying Ajax admit Heitinga is out of their reach and the other one where Heitinga is "ruling nothing out) are both based on the same Dutch article in which Heitinga says he loves playing for Everton, but that it is possible another club might want him and if that is the case he'll consider the move, but he doesn't feel like returning to Ajax in specific because he doesn't want to return to Holland just yet.

• 1 month later...

Rafael van der Vaart and Boudewijn Zenden were in the Dutch version of Match of the Day yesterday. The show host asked them about Johnny Heitinga and though van der Vaart only said that "he himself really liked Heitinga and would love him at Tottenham" they were sort of implying Tottenham could be interested. They were winking and stuff.

Rafael van der Vaart and Boudewijn Zenden were in the Dutch version of Match of the Day yesterday. The show host asked them about Johnny Heitinga and though van der Vaart only said that "he himself really liked Heitinga and would love him at Tottenham" they were sort of implying Tottenham could be interested. They were winking and stuff.

So Duffy off to Ipswich on loan, Yobo has left the country, Arsenal want Jags and Tottenham want Heitinga?

I sure hope that Beckford is a better defender than a CF as thats were he will play soon.

• 3 months later...

Bye bye Johnny sad.png.

Yeah i think its a cert, he's obviously not in Moyes plans and I'm not too disappointed.

In the not too distant future we could have the nucleus of a good young side with Felli, Rodwell, Barklay, and duffy amongst them.

It certainly wont be the end of the world if he leaves.

Yeah i think its a cert, he's obviously not in Moyes plans and I'm not too disappointed.

In the not too distant future we could have the nucleus of a good young side with Felli, Rodwell, Barklay, and duffy amongst them.

It certainly wont be the end of the world if he leaves.

Yes Bill, but 4 million would go to the bank out of let's say 6million pounds leaving £2million for D Moyes to spend on who? Certainly not a class international like Johnny H! What about now?