IGNORED

Heitinga

Now before you all knock this back...i challenge you! look back through a few highlights and see for yourself. Even type into youtube to look for Heitinga blocks.

Now i dont need to show you highlights of jags doing it as, he has made a career of it.

Thats because Heitinga is already in the proper position and doesnt need to go diving about anywhere. If you watch through the highlights, Heitinga is normally already on top of his man when they go for the shot, getting the block in without the dramatics.

He is up there with the best defenders I have seen at the club. Jagielka (when he was alongside Lescott) was also right up there. Distin is a solid CB but he has to use his pace a lot to get him out of trouble, whereas Heitinga has read the game, dealt with the danger, had a cuppa, taken a nap, had a quick chat with the toffeelady, asked BK for a raise and is back on the pitch just as Distin is sprinting like a freight train to attempt a last ditch challenge.

.....Heitinga has read the game, dealt with the danger, had a cuppa, taken a nap, had a quick chat with the toffeelady, asked BK for a raise and is back on the pitch just as Distin is sprinting like a freight train to attempt a last ditch challenge.

Qualityrofl.gif !

Thats because Heitinga is already in the proper position and doesnt need to go diving about anywhere. If you watch through the highlights, Heitinga is normally already on top of his man when they go for the shot, getting the block in without the dramatics.

He is up there with the best defenders I have seen at the club. Jagielka (when he was alongside Lescott) was also right up there. Distin is a solid CB but he has to use his pace a lot to get him out of trouble, whereas Heitinga has read the game, dealt with the danger, had a cuppa, taken a nap, had a quick chat with the toffeelady, asked BK for a raise and is back on the pitch just as Distin is sprinting like a freight train to attempt a last ditch challenge.

This has been said before i know, but i dont often see that. I look at when we concede goals and being the critic that i am ( football coack ) i sometimes may be a bit harsh. But there are too many instances when i genuenly think to myslef...where was Heitinga? or Heitinga was a yard from his man, why didnt he jump? or ...and this is the most frustrating for me........that ball was about an inch away from his head, why didnt he head it? ok he may be facing his own goal in the 6 yard box, but if you leave it and we concede then you are at fault.

Sorry i just dont see him doing anything that others dont do and i see others seeing things he wont. Problem for me is, Heitinga makes the simple things look really easy and classy, but difficult things hard and sloppy.

9m pounds and Steven Caulker (20) for Heitinga (29) would be the deal of the century for us, which is why there's no truth to it.

This. I guess it boils down to Barca and if they feel like they want to go after David Luiz and how much money would be involved for Johnny. A bit suspicious that Heits haven't started a game yet

Heitinga has said that the board has denied him a transfer to Fenerbahce and Fiorentina this summer (source in Dutch: http://www.voetbalzo....asp?uid=172202).

Fortunately, from the article, I think he's pleased that the club have turned down offers from these clubs, demonstrating he's wanted.

I think he genuinely loves it at the club and, to be fair to him, he could have pushed for a move the summer. Considering he was player of the year last season I can't figure out why he isn't starting games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...