IGNORED

Heitinga

what you mean suddenly? maybe just haven't paid attention to other people's opinions of him..i've thought he's been our best for a long time

Well, I did stop posting for quite a long period, so probably have an excuse for not paying attention wink.png

Let's see how they all do this season. I think that's the biggest importance.

I think we can have Heits play on Saturday and give Distin a chance to rest his injury. We have three good defenders there in Heits Jags and Distin, swap them around and give them all game time. That way we wont be short when one gets hurt. (Like Distin is now)

You need continuity between your CB's though, it's not a partnership you should rotate.

We have three good defenders there in Heits Jags and Distin, swap them around and give them all game time. That way we wont be short when one gets hurt. (Like Distin is now)

This would be the best case scenario for me but can we keep them all happy is another question...

You need continuity between your CB's though, it's not a partnership you should rotate.

In the most part I agree but we've had our defensive unit for a long time now (including gk and full backs) so I think we could probably put any 2 from 3 in. Not many clubs could do that but I think we can.

In the most part I agree but we've had our defensive unit for a long time now (including gk and full backs) so I think we could probably put any 2 from 3 in. Not many clubs could do that but I think we can.

Yes I think so too. In fact I am pretty sure of it. Heits can also play as a defensive mid if required in front of the other two.

I agree with Av in that I too think Distin's our best defender. He's tall and strong enough to be a dominant force in the air when we sit back and he's fast enough to be able to play high up the pitch.

I don't want Heitinga to leave either, but only because that would mean we'd be short in the centre back area. He's tidy in possession, but also our slowest centre back, etc. He's got his positive attributes, but also plenty of negatives, in conclusion, I don't think he's that much better than Distin or Jagielka, if at all. And after the Man U game, both Distin and Jagielka deserve to start against Villa.

Also, has Heitinga actually been linked with a move or is all of this just internet speculation? I can't see him getting a game at Spurs tbh.

We have a squad of players like all other teams.

The players have no right to a starting place every week. It's down to Moyes to utilise his options across the season, and those options are there for the benefit of the club, and not the individual players. All players know this. They are paid handsomely be it for a start or for stand by and employed to serve the club with the best interests of the club their priority. All our defenders are equally important as the next, and we don't want to lose any of them if we can help it.

I think we can have Heits play on Saturday and give Distin a chance to rest his injury. We have three good defenders there in Heits Jags and Distin, swap them around and give them all game time. That way we wont be short when one gets hurt. (Like Distin is now)

It only takes one game to get injured [Distin], so swapping them around wont stop them from being injured.

I prefer the present pairing, like somebody as already said i think Heitinga is a bit too laid back as a centre half, i prefer the blood and guts attitude of Jagielka.

Guest blueboy122

It only takes one game to get injured [Distin], so swapping them around wont stop them from being injured.

I prefer the present pairing, like somebody as already said i think Heitinga is a bit too laid back as a centre half, i prefer the blood and guts attitude of Jagielka.

I think Johnny has all the blood and guts attitude but he is calm on the ball and a good passer. Johnny is a tiger, not scared to put the boot in at all. He has got all the tackling ability as well as the cool head and passing for me he is the complete defender...or the most complete defender we have.

For me, Johnny always seems a bit of a liability on set pieces. He tends to track poorly and lose aerials. Sure, he's made some excellent late tackles and clearances, but I can't help feeling that he puts himself/the team in those dangerous positions sometimes. But this is just my opinion, man.

He is, by far, the best cb we have on the ball though.

For me, Johnny always seems a bit of a liability on set pieces. He tends to track poorly and lose aerials. Sure, he's made some excellent late tackles and clearances, but I can't help feeling that he puts himself/the team in those dangerous positions sometimes. But this is just my opinion, man.

He is, by far, the best cb we have on the ball though.

distin gets to the ball but sometimes seems to have a head with more sides than a dodecahedron..never know which way it's gonna bounce sometimes

distin gets to the ball but sometimes seems to have a head with more sides than a dodecahedron..never know which way it's gonna bounce sometimes

And it is a generally known fact in scientific circles that heads with more sides than a dodecahedron are detrimental to footballing qualities. red hair DM.gif

He's doing a q&a on twitter and here's the news we were all waiting for...

@Johnheitinga: Dear @BlueChris, to be honest I never touched Marouanes hair. So I don’t know how it feels (:

Oh yeah and he also mentioned...

@Johnheitinga: Dear @mark_unsworth Yes, I will fight for my position and stay at #Everton

Confused about values....apparently Barcelona are going to offer Chelsea £30m for David Luiz.

He's been pretty shit hasn't he?

How is valued so much lowerdont%20know.gif .

Chelsea's style doesn't fit him too well. He's more playful and attacking minded, and Chelsea defends a bit more ruggedly. He isn't always as solid, but if you'd imagine him in a more attacking team like Manchester City next to Kompany, I think it makes a lot of sense. In a more playful, attacking team where you can change positions and where you can rely on your midfield, I think Luiz could be world class. Italian style football especially, cause Man CIty's style looks more Italian than English to me.

I don't know about Barca, cause if you pay 30 mil, logically you put him in your starting line-up. Are they planning on a Piqué-Luiz central defense partnership? I don't know about that, I'd rather see him go to City for the sake of football.

I don't know about Barca, cause if you pay 30 mil, logically you put him in your starting line-up. Are they planning on a Piqué-Luiz central defense partnership? I don't know about that,

Don't know either....the story was in The Times so can't see it without subscription.