IGNORED

Heitinga

Wahey, let's sell the youngest of them. Maybe we'll go after Gardner again so we've got experienced cover.

Don't want him sold but the 3 won't all fit in and I doubt jags/Distin would go/ attract fees/interest. It's the reality of the situation, that's how we progress - 1 step back to take 2 steps forward. Ideally jags and johnny would work but it's clear it's one with Distin - I prefer johnny as an all round player to be honest but both are top class options who would get into most teams.

It may be nonsense anyway but it wouldn't surprise me to see johnny go.

why's it have to be one with distin? he should be the backup with his age bein what it is..jags and johnny should be the first choice..with johnny bein the first choice centre back full stop...i'm gonna be fucking furious if we sell him

Moyes prefers one with Distin as he's a left footer.

From Player of the Season to sold to Spurs (if true, obviously). I can totally see how that would make sense. Let's sell the best out of the three CB's we have. The calming influence at the back. The one who can actually fucking pass. The one who has a footballing brain.

I'll be with Marco and furious if he's sold.

why's it have to be one with distin? he should be the backup with his age bein what it is..jags and johnny should be the first choice..with johnny bein the first choice centre back full stop...i'm gonna be fucking furious if we sell him

Agree - I want it to be Jags/Johnny but Distin seems to be the main-stay cb. Performances like last night justify Moyes' decision but a case could obviously be made for Johnny based on last year (should be a dead cert starter to be honest!) It's a bit fishy our player of the year being on the bench!

I'd take 10mil + Tom Huddleston/Jermaine Jenas.

For me Duffy's our future CB and being third choice this season would be invaluable for the lad.

I know Jonnys our POTY and I love him but with the 10mil added to the left overs from Rodders sale we could get a Proper number 10 and back up cb as well as the makeweight midfielder to give us the depth we need!?

Controversial I know but worth consideration.

No he's just shite and ridiculously injury prone! (my brother actually went out with one of his ex's though!)

Fair Do's, I was more just thinking about squeezing another body out of THFC if it did happen as they've got shit loads and we're bare bone merchants.

Thinking about it though they have a shit load of injury prone players on their books, maybe Darren Anderton stayed on there as fitness coach?

£10m in my opinion would be a joke. SSN last night were saying that a fee in excess of £9m had been ageed for Dawson to go to QPR.

So £1m difference between valuations on a player who was voted player of the year for us, and a crock who played less than a dozen games for Spuds.

No thanks!!!

Guest blueboy122

Would be stupid to sell our player of the year especially considering he is our best centre half. Personally I would be gutted as its clear that we as the fans have a connection with him and vice versa. I genuinally believe that he is happy here and loves the club.

Can't believe there is even a discussion about this, all other signings will be mean nothing if we suddenly decide to get rid of our best defender, and to a club who could be rivals, Is Moyes ready to sacrifice our best man for the sake of a left/right foot combo, cmon EFC sort this out pronto!

Edited by theprisoner

Heitinga is the best CB by a country mile Avin, he's calm, passes(rather than hoofs) postionally he's good, he's solid and good in the tackle, proven international player, id have Heitinga/Jags.

Distin is still good and going strong, but you get the impression there is an accident waiting to happen with him at times

Edited by theprisoner

How as Heitinga suddenly been elevated to the status of 'best defender' ?

He was given player of the year, but he's hardly played in Central defence long enough to prove he is our best.

For me, Distin is our best Central defender, as he has it all despite his age.

what you mean suddenly? maybe just haven't paid attention to other people's opinions of him..i've thought he's been our best for a long time

How as Heitinga suddenly been elevated to the status of 'best defender' ?

He was given player of the year, but he's hardly played in Central defence long enough to prove he is our best.

For me, Distin is our best Central defender, as he has it all despite his age.

At risk of gettin g slammed yet again lol...i pretty much agree.

Heits is classy and had a great season last season. Before that i agree he is still one of our better ball players in defence ( withstanding Baines )

But for me he just does not have the tackling ability or body on the line attitude that say Jags has.

I am a fan of his and would be loathe to lose him. But in no way do i think he is a mile ahead of the others. On a par yes.

I actually think he is a good defensive midfileder with the right partner.

Please remember i am no SAF or Moysey and it is just an opinion before you all think i am crazy haha!