IGNORED

Heitinga

Guest blueboy122

8m is awful business..you reckon the shite would sell agger or skrtel for that amount?

just turnded down 16m for Agger apparently...

point proven..heitinga is better imo...agger is younger but is always injured

Just what I was about to post. Have just seen on skysports website about those bids for agger, as if we are looking at selling Johnny for anything below what Agger goes for. I would be furious if he left anyway but only to get around 5-8 million for him.... I would be seething especially when Agger who isnt as good as Johnny in my eyes is being touted for around £16 Million.

Guest blueboy122

If Inter were to stump up the 8M that all the papers are saying they will then it might be alright business. Bring Zapata in on a free as a replacement and have a spare 8M to sign a winger or another striker.

No way, I would hate for us to sell one of our back for, all good teams are built around the back for and goalkepper which are all areas where we are pretty strong. I wouldnt sell Johnny for £20 million. It is so important to keep the defenders we have as they all have a good understanding between each other and no amount of money can buy that. Zapata maybe a better player but he may look like a clown in the premier league as he may not be able to adjust and create an understanding with either Jags/Distin/Duffy.

why don't we just sell fellaini for 8m too then? heitinga is better than he was when we bought him..more experienced at a high level..and we bought him for over 5m..why would we sell him for a fraction of a profit? don't care how bad the finances are they aren't bad enough to make us sell our best players for fuck all

why don't we just sell fellaini for 8m too then? heitinga is better than he was when we bought him..more experienced at a high level..and we bought him for over 5m..why would we sell him for a fraction of a profit? don't care how bad the finances are they aren't bad enough to make us sell our best players for fuck all

I am not saying we should sell I am saying that could be the mindset of clubs, for instance why would you pay a large fee for an item whereby a club is know to be struggling for money? take Jelavic for instance worth alot more than what we paid for him, at the same time you would hope that the club would stand firm in that he is obviously worth more than that, my point was that clubs chance their arms.

Guest blueboy122

Exactly.. I don't think the finances are that bad where we need to start selling our players at a fraction of the price. If we were to sell him at 8 million for arguments sake could we find a centre half as good as him around his age with premier league experience and not to mention all the experience he has gained from playing in Europe and being the first choice centre half for the 3rd best country in the world (fifa rankings...guessing around 3rd) would Chelsea let there centre half go for 8 million, would Newcastle, would Liverpool, would spurs.. No I don't think they would so neither should we.

Guest blueboy122

if i was getting offered 16 million for agger i would snatch it,if city are really offering that he will go,lets be honest hes not as good as lescott.

as for johnny if 8 million is offered i think he will go,if its inter he will want to go,im sure moyes will cover his departure.

Agger won't be going anywhere because Liverpool have rejected two bids already one of them being as high as 16 million. Ofcouse he would and nobody would have a problem with him wanting to go..who could blame him, better climate, better pay...I would assume, one of the worlds most glamours and biggest clubs and champions league football playing with your best mate and some of the worlds best players. But he would go on our terms and in my opinion the bidding would have to start around 15 million. Moyes am sure would replace him but I can assure it would be a replacement with half the ability and experience of johnny.

Everyone is saying Johnny shouldn't go for less than 10mil coz of a 16mil bid from City for Agger. But think about it, its City for fooks sake! Of course they're gonna bid above market value! No one else accept Chelski, Barca or Real would bid that much for him.

Only reason they're interested in Agger was coz he had a decent Euro while Johnny didn't do himself justice.

In our situation we may have no choice but to accept around the 8mil mark. Unless City make a bid of course!

Everyone is saying Johnny shouldn't go for less than 10mil coz of a 16mil bid from City for Agger. But think about it, its City for fooks sake! Of course they're gonna bid above market value! No one else accept Chelski, Barca or Real would bid that much for him.

Only reason they're interested in Agger was coz he had a decent Euro while Johnny didn't do himself justice.

In our situation we may have no choice but to accept around the 8mil mark. Unless City make a bid of course!

Heitinga played in the WC final two years ago and is a better player now than then and is 4 caps away from being in the top ten most capped players for the Netherlands. On top of that the amount of money in football means a even higher inflation of players prices. So he should be valued for a lot more than the £6 mil we paid for him.

Agree with Mark. Why are we desperate to get rid? It's f*ckin rediculous.

Normally we only sell our dead wood but to sell star performers on the back of strong seasons, is rediculous.

And would an 'official' really make that "mistake"? Surely as a standard the players file would be taken to any delegation meeting, including info on his contract and wages etc.

Seems a bit iffy anyway...?

ye but we still want our players to perform..and lets face it, today we got outplayed in pretty much every department.

Our two centre backs being the worst of our performers. Both looked clumsy, slow and at times reckless. But you are right we cant look too much into it as it is only a friendly.

Just disapointed thats all.

On a brighter note, Barkley looked impressive in his little cameo and Naismith already looks like he is going to fit in perfectly :)

i think your going over the top a bit,all i did was pass a comment on the way we played,we should be playing our best team now ready for the start of the season.

we were very poor today and its not acceptable,the coaching staff need to sort it out quick for we havnt done very good so far.

...and not being bothered about who we sell on the back of a friendly defeat isn't going over the top?

Chelsea lost 3-1 to Brighton. £237m starting 11!

Pre-season isn't a good indicator as to who you should sell from your squad. Overall, season long performances are more realistic.

I certainly wouldn't take one game as the reason to sell.

Exactly!

You guys might not be so worried about it but I bet you Moyes isnt happy with the way the team are playing. He isnt the type of manager to take these games lightly and while he would see the bigger picture with fitness & form, given the starting line up im sure he would be expecting more from the performance even if the result was the same.

• 3 weeks later...

If there's anything in this then £10m must be the minimum on the basis of Dawson to QPR. It's safe to say spurs will move fast as they've just sold 2 cb's. Will that be fast enough for us to have money in the bank for Johnson? I don't want johnny gone especially to spurs but can we keep Distin, jags and johnny happy? The only way we can is with johnny in mid! If the money is good and means strenthening elsewhere then I may eventually get over this!