IGNORED

Heitinga

• 2 months later...

I'd be gutted if Heitinga went, he has been one of our best players this season and the only way that his departure would be good is if we managed to get £30,000,000 for him (which isn't likely). For me he must be on our 'not for sale' list and I would be fuming if Moyes lets him go for a figure similar to Bilyaletdinov.

He is under contract until 2014 and I really hope that he sees that contract out.

(http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/01/26/real-mallorca-sniff-around-everton-defender-john-heitinga/56917/)

Heitinga had a nightmare in Spain, I can't see him wanting to go back there if there were possibilities in Germany or Italy. Also we can't afford to let him go - this window at least.

I don't know the ins and outs about his time in Spain so I won't argue with you but he played 32 games for Athletico (scoring 3 goals) so he can't of been that bad if he's played nearly every game. I do think that he would prefer to play his trade at Everton than Mallorca though so for the time being I'm not worried, if it comes to it I guess that Moyes will give him higher wages to make him stay..

If and that's a big if we had good money for him, I say sell him, if it means we can buy 2-3 decent players to bolster the squad, I'd rather see that. I'm am now sadly of the opinion that we are now a club who is going to struggle for premership status because of lack of investment. Yeah Moyes could do better, but with other teams spending and us not being able to then if we don't sell a few players for big cash we are stuffed, maybe not this season, but next season or the one after we are gonna be right royally rodgered if we don't start replacing the older members of our squad and making our squad larger.

We would be very lcuky to buy 2 or 3 squad players in todays world mate let alone players who could make any impact here, no offense mate but I find that kind of notion crazy..

I would much rather have smaller numbers then a squad of average players and let's not forget we have a little depth with the young lads we have who in some cases would be ready to come into the fold and even if not quite there yet they wouldn't be any worse then what we have put out this season so far.

We need to keep players like Johnny and buy and blood youth in as it's the only way a club such as ourselves can "plod" along these days....sadly

I don't know the ins and outs about his time in Spain so I won't argue with you but he played 32 games for Athletico (scoring 3 goals) so he can't of been that bad if he's played nearly every game. I do think that he would prefer to play his trade at Everton than Mallorca though so for the time being I'm not worried, if it comes to it I guess that Moyes will give him higher wages to make him stay..

I'm doubting myself now! I'm sure there are people who watch much more La Liga than me - maybe this was something I read on a forum and has somehow become a 'fact' in my mind. Having said that though, they spent £9m on him in summer 2008 and sold him for £6m a year later, so maybe there is some truth in there somewhere!

Norwich and Swansea are above us, thats got nothing to do with spending, more to do with attitude and tactics. The Club didn't bother showing interest in Demba Ba, that says a lot considering his wages wouldn't have been an issue.. We keep playing the likes of Saha who is useless, that sends a message to the other players "we don't have to perform to play" I would rather pay off his contract and get shut rather than buy another midfield squad player.

We would be very lcuky to buy 2 or 3 squad players in todays world mate let alone players who could make any impact here, no offense mate but I find that kind of notion crazy..

I would much rather have smaller numbers then a squad of average players and let's not forget we have a little depth with the young lads we have who in some cases would be ready to come into the fold and even if not quite there yet they wouldn't be any worse then what we have put out this season so far.

We need to keep players like Johnny and buy and blood youth in as it's the only way a club such as ourselves can "plod" along these days....sadly

It depends how much we'd get for jonny h I suppose with regards to who we could buy. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to sell any of our top players, but without investment how else are we going to replace the likes of Neville, Cahill, Saha, Hibbert, Howard(granted in a few more years), dusty bin? It's great Duffy has come in and has performed great, but we'd still need to replace distin, and jags isn't mid twenties anymore.

Norwich and Swansea are above us, thats got nothing to do with spending, more to do with attitude and tactics. The Club didn't bother showing interest in Demba Ba, that says a lot considering his wages wouldn't have been an issue.. We keep playing the likes of Saha who is useless, that sends a message to the other players "we don't have to perform to play" I would rather pay off his contract and get shut rather than buy another midfield squad player.

Yes and no, Swansea and Norwich have fantastic attitudes to the game, but they spent far more than us in the summer, Swansea bought Vorm for 1.5mill, routledge for 2mill, Moriera from benfica, Norwich spent 1.5 on Bennett, 2.5mill on Morrison and they bought Vaughan of us, Not mega transfers but it all helps, what did we spend - £0, and we r suffering big time! I agree with u that the attitude of some of our players and Moyes is not helping, but we need fresh players but we have no cash. So the only way out I can see is to sell and hope the bank doesn't take all the cash like they did with Arteta

It depends how much we'd get for jonny h I suppose with regards to who we could buy. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to sell any of our top players, but without investment how else are we going to replace the likes of Neville, Cahill, Saha, Hibbert, Howard(granted in a few more years), dusty bin? It's great Duffy has come in and has performed great, but we'd still need to replace distin, and jags isn't mid twenties anymore.

So you sell Jags. We'd get more for him than Heitinga, even though Jags isn't the same player any more simply because he's English and people are stupid.

• 4 months later...
Guest blueboy122

so will i...i can't imagine he wants to leave though have you seen his connection with the crowd? it's clear he loves it here

Agreed, this seems a little odd as he is always saying how much he is settled here and how it has become his home etc etc.

Guest blueboy122

I heard it was his wife that was unsettled here, not him.

Fucking Women! Sounds about right.

Where did you hear that by the way Romey?

Guest blueboy122

Just on another forum so could be a load of bollocks. Hopefully it is.

Could be but it sounds about right if he was to look for a transfer as I personally think he is happy here. But what do I know!