IGNORED

Heitinga

The way to deal with it is to keep your head down, work hard in training and keep your mouth shut.

He's not done that....or if he has he's given up on it too quickly.

World Cup Finalist, sitting on the bench of a side that's struggling badly, with our worst area being defence, where he is most suited, but still not given a go, asked a question about interest from a quality side who can offer him Champions League football. I don't blame him tbh.

World Cup Finalist, sitting on the bench of a side that's struggling badly, with our worst area being defence, where he is most suited, but still not given a go, asked a question about interest from a quality side who can offer him Champions League football. I don't blame him tbh.

I dont necessarily blame him but I would have liked him to have kept that desire to himself rather than publising it in the media, especially when he looks as if he will be starting at the weekend.

The way to deal with it is to keep your head down, work hard in training and keep your mouth shut.

He's not done that....or if he has he's given up on it too quickly.

The only thing we can see he hasnt done is keep his mouth shut. He is a quality player reaching his peak wanting to play and win. If hes not playing and winning he gets frustrated, which is perfectly understandable, and if DM doesnt see how lucky he was to sign him and play him, I wont blame him for wanting to go. We have seen he is an emotional and ambitious character, its clear to see in his face when he plays, and i think his emotions are getting the better of him. Its that simple.

Edited by Matt

playin a 33 year old defender ahead of him when johnny and jags are reaching their professional peaks..i dont mind him as much as some round here but distin shouldnt be startin simple as..we should be playing them two there with distin has back up..i dont blame johnny at all and he could have gone about it better by not saying that but then at least he's just tellin it like it is i guess

From another forum -

To put things more into perspective, he also said a few things in the sports magazine I'm subscribed to, he might have said the same things into various microphones/recording apparatuses.

Here a summary:

He believes a starting position (for Everton) is imminent.

He had several slight pains for a while, especially in the groin (something other World Cup players are complaing about).

He gets along fine with the manager, and even went along with the team when he couldn't play, just to support the team.

The fact that VfL Wolfsburg and Bayern München are showing interest is nice to read. Would he like to go there? Who wouldn't want to go to Bayern, a great club, playing Champions League.

But I'm still very happy at Everton.

From another forum -

To put things more into perspective, he also said a few things in the sports magazine I'm subscribed to, he might have said the same things into various microphones/recording apparatuses.

Here a summary:

He believes a starting position (for Everton) is imminent.

He had several slight pains for a while, especially in the groin (something other World Cup players are complaing about).

He gets along fine with the manager, and even went along with the team when he couldn't play, just to support the team.

The fact that VfL Wolfsburg and Bayern München are showing interest is nice to read. Would he like to go there? Who wouldn't want to go to Bayern, a great club, playing Champions League.

But I'm still very happy at Everton.

Before we go any further it looks like this was an interview outside the UK therefore would people not agree that the press can...err lets say... translate things there way to make a story??

Im not saying Johnny hasnt said he's not flattered to join Bayern. I think most players would say that the rest however, could be tweaked a bit. I really dont think a player who wants to play 1st team football would be that daft to say things like that to the press as I am sure Moyes will bench him for being a gobshite!

For me, he needs to focus on playing for the club that pays his wages. When playing for Holland he was making sounds about moving, at this moment he isn't playing and is making sounds. Sorry but I think a fair few of you are making excuses for him based on his cult status. For me he needs to knuckle down and win the centre half spot back.

Whilst Moyes makes some very strange decisions, there must be something behind him leaving heitinga out.

It makes my blood boil when players talk to the press about interest from other clubs, maybe Mr Moyes believes Heitinga isn't focused, it would certainly appear that way. At this moment he is turning into another Tommy Gravesen, plays to the crowd when it suits him, but has his eyes on other suitors. Very unsettling for the other players. He's only been here 5 minutes, we rescued him from a very unhappy time in Spain where opinions of him were not great.

If he does think that he is playing below the level he should be due to the fact that he was mixing it in the world cup final, he wants to look at the list of:

Kleberson, Kuyt, Roque Junior (Duncs mate), - world cup winners and finalists, none of which would be first names on our team sheet to say the least.

Edited by Hafnia2

For me, he needs to focus on playing for the club that pays his wages. When playing for Holland he was making sounds about moving, at this moment he isn't playing and is making sounds. Sorry but I think a fair few of you are making excuses for him based on his cult status. For me he needs to knuckle down and win the centre half spot back.

Whilst Moyes makes some very strange decisions, there must be something behind him leaving heitinga out.

It makes my blood boil when players talk to the press about interest from other clubs, maybe Mr Moyes believes Heitinga isn't focused, it would certainly appear that way. At this moment he is turning into another Tommy Gravesen, plays to the crowd when it suits him, but has his eyes on other suitors. Very unsettling for the other players. He's only been here 5 minutes, we rescued him from a very unhappy time in Spain where opinions of him were not great.

If he does think that he is playing below the level he should be due to the fact that he was mixing it in the world cup final, he wants to look at the list of:

Kleberson, Kuyt, Roque Junior (Duncs mate), - world cup winners and finalists, none of which would be first names on our team sheet to say the least.

im sure he would love to, but i think hes complaining because he cant do that!

im sure he would love to, but i think hes complaining because he cant do that!

That's the million dollar question, why would he be left out of the team...

"I know that Bayern haven't approached Everton yet and they haven't contacted me either.

I have to admit that I feel flattered that I'm being linked with a big club such as Bayern Munich though. I'd definitely be interested in joining them.

They play Champions League football and I'm still eligible to play in the competition, since we don't play European football with Everton."

How does he know they haven't contacted Everton? - Evidently, Mr Agent has been busy on his blackberry. I'm sorry but the whole scenario with him seems very wrong to me. Because he is a committed Pyscho Pat type of player, does not mean he has good old fashioned morals - loyalty. Yep we all know he loves to gee the crowd, look at the send off Ajax gave him, problem he has is that he seems to be very much in love with his own status, not playing starves him of the opportunity to be on his stage.

I have yet to subscribe to the undoubted man love he seems to get from many fans which is why I can post an unbiased point of view. If this was a none alpha male footballer we are talking about - lets leave Ossie, Bainsey alone, I no doubt would be seeing far fiercer criticism.

That's the million dollar question, why would he be left out of the team...

"I know that Bayern haven't approached Everton yet and they haven't contacted me either.

I have to admit that I feel flattered that I'm being linked with a big club such as Bayern Munich though. I'd definitely be interested in joining them.

They play Champions League football and I'm still eligible to play in the competition, since we don't play European football with Everton."

How does he know they haven't contacted Everton? - Evidently, Mr Agent has been busy on his blackberry. I'm sorry but the whole scenario with him seems very wrong to me. Because he is a committed Pyscho Pat type of player, does not mean he has good old fashioned morals - loyalty. Yep we all know he loves to gee the crowd, look at the send off Ajax gave him, problem he has is that he seems to be very much in love with his own status, not playing starves him of the opportunity to be on his stage.

I have yet to subscribe to the undoubted man love he seems to get from many fans which is why I can post an unbiased point of view. If this was a none alpha male footballer we are talking about - lets leave Ossie, Bainsey alone, I no doubt would be seeing far fiercer criticism.

I have to admit I think you have got a point

I am a confirmed admirer of Johnny H and I was releshing seeing him in action in the royal blue jersey this season. However he does seem to be making a habit out of saying the wrong things just about all of the time and when he has played this season he has looked poor.

I am sick and tired of hearing how he would like to play for this club or that club and so if he really wants to go then let him, especially if we can make a tidy profit on the transfer. Then maybe we can go and find a player with that kind of desire to play for us

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

'Asked if the Dutch international could leave in January, Moyes said: "I don't know. We have had no offers, but you hear bits of rumours like everyone else. There has been no official contact from anybody regarding Johnny Heitinga.

"I think he is of the character and the type to battle for his place. I have no reason to think anything other than it is just speculation. I haven't heard from Johnny or any clubs. He has to get on with it. There is competition for places and he is involved in that."'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/20/everton-david-moyes

'Asked if the Dutch international could leave in January, Moyes said: "I don't know. We have had no offers, but you hear bits of rumours like everyone else. There has been no official contact from anybody regarding Johnny Heitinga.

"I think he is of the character and the type to battle for his place. I have no reason to think anything other than it is just speculation. I haven't heard from Johnny or any clubs. He has to get on with it. There is competition for places and he is involved in that."'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/20/everton-david-moyes

notlooking good then

at the moment heitinga doesnt deserve a first team place,for me the sooner he leaves the better,yes he did have a few good games last season,but this season hes been a waste of space,he couldnt lace distins boots,

I still think he's a better CB than Distin, but it does look like he'll be off sooner rather than later.

Moyes doesn't seem to be able to handle Dutchmen :P.

at the moment heitinga doesnt deserve a first team place,for me the sooner he leaves the better,yes he did have a few good games last season,but this season hes been a waste of space,he couldnt lace distins boots,

To be fair to Heitinga, I would like to see Distin play as a defensive midfielder!

One of the main reasons Heitinga has been poor and getting disgruntled is because he isnt playing in his best position and then when Distin has a couple of really terrible games he still doesnt get in. Even now Jags isnt doing great but Heits isnt getting a shot. Sometimes players need to be dropped to light a rocket up their arse when they deserves to be (aka not Yakubu being dropped for Saha).

Heitinga is probably the one player of ours that could slot into any top 3 team across europe but not as a midfielder.

• 4 months later...

You'll play where you're put Johnny (mainly on the bench!)

I feel a bit for him tbh, its not often you go from being hands down best defender last season, being an integral part of the dutch team in getting to the WC final and then find youself not getting a fair crack of the whip when the other 2 CB's arent doing a good job themselves.

He is also right in some of the things he says, because even though he isnt as big as the other 2, he has probably kept the likes of Drogba, Torres and Rooney the quietest since he has been here and in my opinion he brings an element of control to our team at the back which we dont really as well. Personally I think him and Jags should be given a run together, no other partnership has worked as far as im concerned and the only constant has been Distin.

Having said that, coming out in the press and saying these things is completely the wrong way to go about it and it dissapoints me that a player with his experience has to go behind the backs of the manager and other players like this.