IGNORED

Heitinga

Just heard off my mate that he's off to barca!!! OMG! £8m! He also said we're getting that French right back from the euro's with the money though! Anyone else heard this?!

Yeah, from some numpty on twitter - I put the conversation in the twitter rumours thread if you want to reassure yourself that its bollocks....

5m would be a decent price for him and to be honest he had a "better" season last year but he was still weak in important area's. Dont know if any others watched highlights and shouted at the TV "for F*** sake, why didnt you head that away" i know i spent many times last season wandering why he wont head a ball while facing his own nets. Yes its dangerous, but if you let it go past you and they score in anycase then surely its worth the risk.

Hes a good player but not one that we couldnt easily replace, even with what we already have.

And sorry for saying this, but hes level with Jags as far as ability goe's, just jags will more likey put the effort and guts in.

Jags goes into tackles he has no right to win, same with headers.

Heigts goes in hard to tackles he should win....and only heads balls that he knows he will win.

5m would be a decent price for him and to be honest he had a "better" season last year but he was still weak in important area's. Dont know if any others watched highlights and shouted at the TV "for F*** sake, why didnt you head that away" i know i spent many times last season wandering why he wont head a ball while facing his own nets. Yes its dangerous, but if you let it go past you and they score in anycase then surely its worth the risk.

Hes a good player but not one that we couldnt easily replace, even with what we already have.

And sorry for saying this, but hes level with Jags as far as ability goe's, just jags will more likey put the effort and guts in.

Heigts goes in hard to tackles he should win....and only heads balls that he knows he will win.

Cant agree with 1 single sentence of that. Dont mean to offend, but its nonsense (only in my opinion)...

you mug jags is nothing on heitinga should be captain as well nevermind sold

Edited by Blue4Ever

oh...my...

if only i was the kind of person that swore a lot then it would make my response a lot simpler

I'm all for everyone having different opinions but never read such a completely ridiculous opinion!!!!!

Matt...no offense taken mate. it's just my opinion that's all.

Like i said, i may be the only person that noticed these things....and maybe i have got it wrong. but i do think we conceded a lot of real simple goals just because our last man was scared to stick out a leg, or head a ball over the bar.

Dont misunderstand and think hes a bad player, i just think hes nowhere as good as we rate him.....which is a reason he doesnt command a high price ( in my opinion :) )

If i am honest, last season i used to sigh when he was picked.

yes he has a good season, but many others have had "a good season".

I am just holding my judgement until i see him performing this season.

oh...my...

if only i was the kind of person that swore a lot then it would make my response a lot simpler

Lol would still love to hear your opinion! your an intellegent guy, you can respond and make your point without causing too much offense. and if not i am open for a kicking haha!

Lol would still love to hear your opinion! your an intellegent guy, you can respond and make your point without causing too much offense. and if not i am open for a kicking haha!

you don't know me so well do ya :P mind you i was a bit pissed when i wrote that :lol: pretty much gave up at the 5m is a good price bit..we bought him for more and he's a better player than he was

you don't know me so well do ya tongue.png mind you i was a bit pissed when i wrote that laugh.png pretty much gave up at the 5m is a good price bit..we bought him for more and he's a better player than he was

ye point taken he is a better player than when we brought him admittedly.

Suppose i am just being a bit over judgmental .....again. i think i am getting older now and finding it easier to critisise than praise haha.

But serious question though.

were there any times watching last season when you thought that he could have easily put a leg out, or got his head to something that ended up as a goal?

I only ask as i am wandering if maybe it is just me.

But serious question though.

were there any times watching last season when you thought that he could have easily put a leg out, or got his head to something that ended up as a goal?

There were a few errors that he made, especially early on in the season; gave away free kicks (though a lot of them were because you cant touch people when you tackle) but otherwise he was a rock.