IGNORED

Heitinga

In a more playful, attacking team where you can change positions and where you can rely on your midfield, I think Luiz could be world class. Italian style football especially, cause Man CIty's style looks more Italian than English to me.

You said this after saying City play a more attacking, playful style.

Maybe I'm misreading though?

Guest blueboy122

Luis is shite. End of...

Diagree completely I think Luiz is a very talented player and would get into most teams starting 11. I however dont think that he is a centre back, I wouldnt know where to play him but he has incredible ability.

Diagree completely I think Luiz is a very talented player and would get into most teams starting 11. I however dont think that he is a centre back, I wouldnt know where to play him but he has incredible ability.

Hes not a CB hes not a DCM and hes not a CM. I dont see this ability everyone talks about, I see a liability who is more prone to rash challenges than great contributions. Shit maybe harsh, but for me hes not what everyone says he is... Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

Hes not a CB hes not a DCM and hes not a CM. I dont see this ability everyone talks about, I see a liability who is more prone to rash challenges than great contributions. Shit maybe harsh, but for me hes not what everyone says he is...

Agree about the position dilema however I do feel that he has incredible talent I think with a little more tactical awarness and discipline he could be a top dominating centre midfeild player.

Agree about the position dilema however I do feel that he has incredible talent I think with a little more tactical awarness and discipline he could be a top dominating centre midfeild player.

so could Drenthe then. Potential (or incredible talent as you put it) doesnt make him a great player unless he fulfils it and hes not come close to doing so for me. Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

Drenthe? What has he got to do with the price of cheese ha.

No he has incredible talent which we have all seen, his quick feet,athletism,passing,vision,ability to get forward, aerial ability,tackling ability etc. He has got a lot of potential to fullfill agreed but he has all the talents just needs to improve in a few areas and he will one of the best centre halfs in the world in my opinion....hey its all a debate and opinion after all.

Drenthe? What has he got to do with the price of cheese ha.

No he has incredible talent which we have all seen, his quick feet,athletism,passing,vision,ability to get forward, aerial ability,tackling ability etc. He has got a lot of potential to fullfill agreed but he has all the talents just needs to improve in a few areas and he will one of the best centre halfs in the world in my opinion....hey its all a debate and opinion after all.

I agree. A great on-the-ball defender... reminds me of a poor man's Pique. In a few years he'll be at the top of the list of CBs, or maybe CMs.

Heitinga's agent was just on the Dutch TV and had interesting things to say.

Heitinga was apparently on his way to a European topclub that played Champions league regularly (He didn't want to say what club it was, but someone in the show suggested an Italian one). The deal was close to done, untill Kenwright put a stop to it.

Apparently Kenwright adores Johnny and wants him to extend his contract. So now it appears he can sign for another 4 years (if i understood correctly) but I didn't get the impression that a transfer was ruled out.

Heitinga was apparently on his way to a European topclub that played Champions league regularly (He didn't want to say what club it was, but someone in the show suggested an Italian one). The deal was close to done, untill Kenwright put a stop to it.

Apparently Kenwright adores Johnny and wants him to extend his contract. So now it appears he can sign for another 4 years (if i understood correctly) but I didn't get the impression that a transfer was ruled out.

I missed it. I read Rob Jansen was going to be on, but I thought he was going to be on to talk about Theo Janssen to Vitesse. I'll watch it on their site when they make it available tomorrow, see what I make out of it. When is he out of contract?

I think I've read Sneijder making comments about wanting Heitinga at Inter, so maybe it's them? Seems like they have plenty of defenders though?

Edited by Steve_E

I missed it. I read Rob Jansen was going to be on, but I thought he was going to be on to talk about Theo Janssen to Vitesse. I'll watch it on their site when they make it available tomorrow, see what I make out of it. When is he out of contract?

I think I've read Sneijder making comments about wanting Heitinga at Inter, so maybe it's them? Seems like they have plenty of defenders though?

Heitinga at Inter... Pls write that under the 'jokes'-topic.

You understood correctly. His agent said a deal was basically done with a Champions League side, the show's host then said it was an Italian side, the agent didn't acknowledge it, but it seems safe to assume that to be the case. Kenwright pulled the plug and does want him to sign for another 4 years, but as Heitinga is on the bench now,his agent seems to see this as a good opportunity to make some money on a Heitinga transfer. I don't think anything is moving right now, but he didn't rule out Heitinga would want to leave if something came up.

He also said that Barcelona are looking to get Afellay out on loan. I hope we're in for him. I've read reports in the English media linking him to Arsenal and Liverpool, but his agent didn't say anything about any team in specific. I believe Moyes acknowledged we were in for him when he left PSV (in some column during the Euros), so I hope he'll be looking to get him in now. Could be a very good loan deal.

He also said that Barcelona are looking to get Afellay out on loan. I hope we're in for him. I've read reports in the English media linking him to Arsenal and Liverpool, but his agent didn't say anything about any team in specific. I believe Moyes acknowledged we were in for him when he left PSV (in some column during the Euros), so I hope he'll be looking to get him in now. Could be a very good loan deal.

Great player but the cost to loan him for 1 year is way high. (4m)

I'd be really disappointed losing Heitinga if it was the case.

I understand the form of Distin (34) at the moment, but with Jagielka (30) and Heitinga (29) we have a central defensive partnership for several years that can be truly world-class.

It's about the only decision by DM that has me scratching my head...

Id actually take 9m and Caulker. I love Heitinga but sometimes you have to do/like whats best for the club. Looks like some of the financial difficulties are over for now. (atleast when you look at the deals we have done this year) and if we could get Caulker and reinvest the 9m (plus the 2m we offered for Niang) that would give us 11m for another winger/striker

Enough for CL/european football next year and even more money?

I wonder what some of you folks are smoking?

Heitinga is a class act and World Cup finalist FFS! He has somehow fallen out of favour with Moyes but that doesn't change his ability and the fact that he should be an integral part of the future of the club in any other circumstance.

Sounds as if some folks on here would just let him go.... also, is it just too much to wonder why he's out of favour? Beats the shit out of me I must confess. If anyone has any real ideas I'd like to read 'em

The bloke was a hero not too many moons ago when he gave a certain penalty-taker a bit of a hurry-up on his way to the spot! Worked wonders too!

We spoke about attitude and true-blue and all that sort of stuff.......amazing what a couple of wins at the start of a new season will do to some peeps memories.

Heitinga needs to stay!

Heitinga is a really good player, but not world class! 9m + a player is deal that in our situation we should take advantage of.

there seems to be two opinions on this site:

1 = Heits is world class and a ball playing centre back

2 = Heits is a good player, but better ball player than a defender.

Myself..as you all know favour the latter.

He is a good player but not as good a defender than Jags. Jags puts his body on the line to make blocks and go in where it hurts. Heits just doesnt unless its a header he will obviously win.

Now before you all knock this back...i challenge you! look back through a few highlights and see for yourself. Even type into youtube to look for Heitinga blocks.

Now i dont need to show you highlights of jags doing it as, he has made a career of it.

Thats not to say there isnt an argument for Heits ball playing. But myself, i think hes just good, nothing special and not that far ahead of Jags.

Now does this warrant selling him? not at all, i would rather keep him. But if jags keeps in form then im pretty sure that Heits will move on either January or next summer. And lets face it, we wont get offered 9m + again.