IGNORED

Baines

must say i'm with pris on modric...massively overrated

you ask any other fan of football and they will laugh at you both, say osmans worth 5 million then modric is worth 20 yes he might be overrated but he's still twice the player osman is and is twice the player downing is and he went for 20 so you can see why teams are over pricing players (except for us) if felli goes for 20 then thats just a discrace wouldnt sell him for 30 but going off topic a bit there. if we need to sell someone id much rather sell baines and maybe get evra 10 million at least were not short there and we could keep everyone else which is what we should be doing anyway.

i never said osman is as good...just that modric is overrated...nowhere near a 40mill player..as for baines it has to be 20 at least..and i'd want maybe fabio on loan as back up

I want both da silva's (perm deals - no pun) plus £10m. Fabio would be at least 3rd choice and Rafael seems in and out with often jones, smalling and even Valencia chosen at rb a lot of the time. They can have baines and maybe clynne and we'll have a pair of mini Brazilian fellaini's plus a bit of money. Massively far fetched I know!!!

I like it but if he wants to go then that's more than likely what will happen.

I dont think he will want to go. He doesnt seem the pushy ambitious type, if that makes sense. I dont think he would rock the boat.

dont be silly Steve, where would we get our daily boost of doom'n'gloom?

I'd find some mate, dont worry.

NOOOOOOOO, those Brazilian twins are bloody awful!

I really like Rafael, not seen as much of fabio da silva but he's looked decent playing out of pos cm/rb when I've seen him. Neither have had a sustained run in the team but there's certainly a lot of promise shown by both. Both probably more comfortable going forward but they're still only young.

Edited by c1982

I'm just going to console myself with the fact that swap deals very rarely happen because we'd be on the end of a very shitty stick.

Think it'd be a good deal for us but surely the fact that this rumour had just started here on toffeetalk is enough consolation!!! SAF wouldn't allow it to happen as they'll both end up top players.

you ask any other fan of football and they will laugh at you both, say osmans worth 5 million then modric is worth 20 yes he might be overrated but he's still twice the player osman is and is twice the player downing is and he went for 20 so you can see why teams are over pricing players (except for us) if felli goes for 20 then thats just a discrace wouldnt sell him for 30 but going off topic a bit there. if we need to sell someone id much rather sell baines and maybe get evra 10 million at least were not short there and we could keep everyone else which is what we should be doing anyway.

At the end of the day it was opinion, you don't have to agree with it, Forums are about having opinions, and the £40m for Modric was only because they did'nt want to sell to Chelsea, and lets face it, if Osman had any kind of consistency to his game, he would'nt be playing for us, no idea why you are bringing Downing into the equation either, not the same sort of player, and a completly different postion. why you would want to sell Baines when at the moment we don't even have a backup for him, let alone a replacement, beyond me.

not sayin it is just sayin havin him on loan wouldn't be too bad cos we wouldn't be stuck with him forever and we'd have a natural left back until garbutt/bidwell are ready in a year or 2

I would honestly rather have Neville there full-time than Fabio.

Guest blueboy122

The twins just remind of these two....

Transfromers_ROTF_twins-thumb-550x449-16115.jpg

I would love them at left back and right back, whats the valuation on the autobots?

• 4 weeks later...

Few twitter rumours suggest a bid from man.utd is imminent...

Should he go then I'd like Olsson from Blackburn or that Honduran linked from Celtic whose name I can't spell or say! Maybe too soon for Garbutt!

Izaguirre (that's as close as I can get without looking). And I'd like him too if Baines does leave this summer.

If we let Baines go, Pienaar becomes 15/20 % less effective.

If we start next season with Baines and Pienaar and a regular goalscorer, then I'd say we have a good chance of Europe.

Maybe we won't move for Pienaar then, the talk recently has been of the likes of Pranjic and Naismith, the whole Pienaar thing has gone quiet recently.

Maybe we won't move for Pienaar then, the talk recently has been of the likes of Pranjic and Naismith, the whole Pienaar thing has gone quiet recently.

I really want to see those two (pienaar and Baines) at Goodison next season, but the £5million pounds not spent on Pienaar and the possible £15million plus we'd get for Baines would give good spending power.Just hope it doesn't happen.

Begs the question, if you had the choice what would you take......

1. Both at Everton.

2.Neither at Everton and Possible spending money of £20 million.

3.Pienaar at Everton, no Baines, but £15million to spend.

4.Baines at Everton, no Pienaar and the £5million spent on someone else.

I'd take the devil we know, number 1.Both very good players, work well together .Money to spend is ok, but will the replacement work.

Number 1 was a safe answer, if I had to pick another, it would be number 3.

1. Both at Everton.

2.Neither at Everton and Possible spending money of £20 million.

3.Pienaar at Everton, no Baines, but £15million to spend.

4.Baines at Everton, no Pienaar and the £5million spent on someone else.

2 although I'd rather the money go towards getting us in the black and not forced to sell Felli.

1 or 4, I could do without Pienaar (though I'd prefer not to), but Baines is the best LB in the league IMO. It would be hard to find a replacement. Also, I don't think we could find a more proven, better winger than Pienaar for under 5 mil. I want to keep the current formula (including Pienaar), because I think we can get into Europa as of now.