IGNORED

Baines

I think the double deal was too much for Roberto to do so early in his everton career. I think in January if we are in the top six and playing well and £15 mill comes in from united he may well take it. I just think that Roberto couldn't have got rid of at the time two "best players" as he was new in the job and if it went tits up that's the first thing supporters would have said. It looks as it Roberto is trying to get an established player and a younger player in every position to build a young vibrant team. We have Oviedo and garbutt and hopefully they could cover that position while we go in positive and spend the money on lukaku

I think Baines is in a tough position - he knows that the fans are well aware that the only way he will be going is if he refuses a new contract and asks for the move in January. He is unlikely going to want to run the risk of upsetting the fans as he is a rare breed of footballer.

In all seriousness by January the whole situation could have an entirely different perspective. United could be out of the running for the league, out the champs league and moyes fighting for his job. United have 3 months of football with a squad that for me is maybe 4th or 5th best after - Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, and maybe on a par with Arsenal. Moyes will not utilise the creative talents of that side - as we have seen with our own club. Would Baines seriously want to go to a club in that state?

Baines isn't an Everton fan, he's done a good job for us never letting us down, why wouldn't he feel he's earned a big pay rise, probably more than £35, 000 a week.He is a rare breed of footballer but it seems he did ask for a move, so be it.Let him go when it's right for Everton.Maybe he will keep giving 100% and if he did I'd be happy for him to stay.

One of the highlights of Baines' Everton career has been his linking with Pienaar, if as it seems this has had it's day (and I for one hope it hasn't) then he wont be such a big miss if he was to leave.

I'd love another couple of seasons with Baines and Pienaar doing what they did at their best, surely that's the type of football Martinez wants from his team.

Baines is an Everton fan, he was at the cup final in 95. Apparently he did support liverpool first - even I did that until I went to my first game aged 8.

He would get a few Bob more but ultimately it's medals he will want.

kopite :shaking fist:

:P

Edited by Matt

Baines is an Everton fan, he was at the cup final in 95. Apparently he did support liverpool first - even I did that until I went to my first game aged 8.

He would get a few Bob more but ultimately it's medals he will want.

So you would define a possible increase in wages of about £35,000 A WEEK.......as a few bob !!.

If it's medals he wants, law of averages taken into account, a move to a major money team (like the ones that can afford him and he would want to go to), will provide him with more chances than an Everton team who haven't managed to do so whilst he's been with us (other than an FA cup runners up medal).There would also be more chance of champions league football.

Most Everton fans want him to stay, he's our player and I'm sure the type of person he is he will allways give 100%, but apparently the lad has shown an interest in moving, it's his life.

He's already a multi millionaire with more money than he will ever need for the rest of his and his families life... Even if he stayed at Everton till the end of his career he will have pocketed the best part of £20m - basically money will not be the motivating factor for a lad like baines.

Sometimes players do need new challenges as well... You never know he may be happy to stay here in a few months.

He's already a multi millionaire with more money than he will ever need for the rest of his and his families life... Even if he stayed at Everton till the end of his career he will have pocketed the best part of £20m - basically money will not be the motivating factor for a lad like baines.

Sometimes players do need new challenges as well... You never know he may be happy to stay here in a few months.

Really really hope your right but I feel at this time in his career he will want to play in Europe with one of the worlds biggest clubs. :(

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/431761/Moyes-handed-Baines-boost-as-Everton-shelve-contract-talks-for-United-target?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

It could be that the club knew there'd be trouble if we allowed both Fellaini and Baines to leave at once and that Baines will be allowed to go in January or the summer...

Guest John Burns

One thing that is 99% certain, is that Baines will be at Man U at Christmas. Al the rest is hot air.

Edited by John Burns