IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Greek air traffic controllers. They choose tomorrow at 11.00am do do a four hour walk out, we're due to land at 12.25, flight cancelled (got a text telling me about two hours ago). Can re-schedule or get a full refund but the problem is that easyJet only have one flight a week to Zakynthos from Bristol so re-scheduling means next Wednesday. So I've cancelled and rebooked from Gatwick but the next available flight is Sunday so that's four days holiday lost :dry:.

And I don't get a refund on Bristol parking because it's less than 24 hours notice.

And the flights are more expensive.

And the parking is more expensive.

And I have to do a f'king long drive rather than fifty miles up the road.

Crap.

Wow. That is shite.

(As he texts you from his bed in Halkidiki (Greece))

We'll get a full refund on the flights in 5/7 working days according to easyJet.

The extra costs are really just losing the car park payment (£90) although I suppose we could claim for four days accommodation payment when we won't be there (€140).

Not likely to be covered for the extra expenses of travel to Gatwick/parking/higher flight cost I wouldn't have thought because we've chosen to do that. I'll look at the policy when we get back.

Nightmare! You'd think they'd be able to move a few things round to get it sorted.

Some airlines apparently didn't cancel so flew out OK today. Decision is a gamble by the airline though because if eJ hadn't cancelled and the strike had gone ahead they'd have had an airport full of irate customers this morning. They made the wrong decision but I can understand why, same as I can understand the proposed strike (which was due to the latest raft of austerity measures being debated in the Greek parliament today). Live and learn eh?

Fortunately we were due to go for four weeks so we'll still get twenty-four days, feel more sorry for those just booked for a week or two.

We'll get a full refund on the flights in 5/7 working days according to easyJet.

The extra costs are really just losing the car park payment (£90) although I suppose we could claim for four days accommodation payment when we won't be there (€140).

Not likely to be covered for the extra expenses of travel to Gatwick/parking/higher flight cost I wouldn't have thought because we've chosen to do that. I'll look at the policy when we get back.

Some airlines apparently didn't cancel so flew out OK today. Decision is a gamble by the airline though because if eJ hadn't cancelled and the strike had gone ahead they'd have had an airport full of irate customers this morning. They made the wrong decision but I can understand why, same as I can understand the proposed strike (which was due to the latest raft of austerity measures being debated in the Greek parliament today). Live and learn eh?

Fortunately we were due to go for four weeks so we'll still get twenty-four days, feel more sorry for those just booked for a week or two.

I feel more sorry for the Greeks they could do with the lost revenue. Lol

on sisters recommendation took my car to a local garage in Liverpool last week, mot time, wanted a service and a couple of faults sorting. feck me, it was a tragedy. The guy who owns the place knew from my sister I was not local so he ripped me off bigtime.

Got home a few days back and found out that the company have decided to go down an awful path with me, not health and safety, not medical..... fecking bastards want to get rid of me so are going down the performance route. I have a meeting to attend tomorrow along with my union rep. I want to kill the shits one by one.

News brainwashing people.

The other day I was moaning how can anyone vote for May, and got the response how can you vote for either of them.

Asked why you wouldn't vote Corbyn, and their response was because he's a numpty.

I asked how is he a numpty and got no response. Pressed further and got nothing. Explained about giving the public sector a payrise as we've not had a proper one, and the economy is booming. Got the answer his policy's are realistic and would cost too much, such as free school fees. Countered that the Scottish don't charge any, and we tripled them for no reason other than to stop people from getting an education, and lecturers aren't on that much money to make it unaffordable for most. Pointed out the Tory have tripled our debt, landlords and business owners pocketing everything yet the workers are getting poorer as unions are next to pointless now the legislation has red taped them. Asked is it not fair to start redistributing the wealth now were in a boom, and have suffered for their own catastrophe yet they are profiting more than ever. Got no response. Asked again how Corbyn was a numpty, got nothing.

News brainwashing people.
The other day I was moaning how can anyone vote for May, and got the response how can you vote for either of them.
Asked why you wouldn't vote Corbyn, and their response was because he's a numpty.
I asked how is he a numpty and got no response. Pressed further and got nothing. Explained about giving the public sector a payrise as we've not had a proper one, and the economy is booming. Got the answer his policy's are realistic and would cost too much, such as free school fees. Countered that the Scottish don't charge any, and we tripled them for no reason other than to stop people from getting an education, and lecturers aren't on that much money to make it unaffordable for most. Pointed out the Tory have tripled our debt, landlords and business owners pocketing everything yet the workers are getting poorer as unions are next to pointless now the legislation has red taped them. Asked is it not fair to start redistributing the wealth now were in a boom, and have suffered for their own catastrophe yet they are profiting more than ever. Got no response. Asked again how Corbyn was a numpty, got nothing.

I honestly cant understand how anyone can vote tory, I really cant.

Baffles me too, and when I tried and all I got back was "Corbyn is a numpty".

I'd respond with "May is Thatcher 2.0".

Corbyn is like your boss uncle who you have lot of time for, May looks like she's the type that pops the footys that land in her back garden from next doors kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Very loud neighbours, i have a house full of teenagers a couple of doors down the road from me and they just constantly play music very loud and have parties all day and all night, none of them seem to work or go to college or uni, they have no concept of living next door to anyone else whatsoever. The police have been out to see them on numerous occasions but they just don't care they simply stay quiet for 1/2 hour then start up again. I can't do any study work for university at home because i can never concentrate because of the constant noise, i am seriously considering moving because of it before i end up applying violence to one of them :shaking fist:

Very loud neighbours, i have a house full of teenagers a couple of doors down the road from me and they just constantly play music very loud and have parties all day and all night, none of them seem to work or go to college or uni, they have no concept of living next door to anyone else whatsoever. The police have been out to see them on numerous occasions but they just don't care they simply stay quiet for 1/2 hour then start up again. I can't do any study work for university at home because i can never concentrate because of the constant noise, i am seriously considering moving because of it before i end up applying violence to one of them :shaking fist:

Sympathise Si, twenty plus years ago we lived in a flat in Glastonbury and had two young women below us who were a total nightmare. Worst ever was when they bought the Michael Jackson single Earth Song and had it on repeat for literally a whole week-end 48 hours non-stop; talking to them was hopeless because they'd promise to turn it down but wouldn't. If we banged on the floor they'd bang on the ceiling, nut-jobs. We ended up moving and the day we left they knocked on our door and gave us some baby clothes (wife was pregnant with Josh) and apologised; weird.

been on gardening leave without a bleedin computer :shaking fist:

got a new computer :jump for joy:

still no worked out how to use it properly :shaking fist:

on a more serious note went up to Liverpool to collect my dad's ashes and they have no records for some reason. My sisters had to physically restrain me from using violence. Not been that angry for many many years. One of my sisters is going to sort it out.

Today I go to work to see what is in store for me, not had the chance to go to the CAB yet as it is only open Tuesday mornings. AAARRGGHH

been on gardening leave without a bleedin computer :shaking fist:

got a new computer :jump for joy:

still no worked out how to use it properly :shaking fist:

on a more serious note went up to Liverpool to collect my dad's ashes and they have no records for some reason. My sisters had to physically restrain me from using violence. Not been that angry for many many years. One of my sisters is going to sort it out.

Today I go to work to see what is in store for me, not had the chance to go to the CAB yet as it is only open Tuesday mornings. AAARRGGHH

Were you Hitler in a past life or something?!