IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

being let down by tradesmen all the fucking time Rubes the Bastard is close to putting in an appearance

And they never seem to do the job they say they will. Been doing the kitchen, bathroom and hallway up and only one of the many workmen did their job properly from start to finish.

Delivery bloke dented the fridge, bathroom fitter didn't support it properly, floored left it uneven, boiler fitter left a hole in the wall and the painter ripped the vinyl and painted my coat and now isn't returning my calls!

I would do this stuff myself but I don't know which end of the hammer to hold so it's probably best I don't!

And they never seem to do the job they say they will. Been doing the kitchen, bathroom and hallway up and only one of the many workmen did their job properly from start to finish.

Delivery bloke dented the fridge, bathroom fitter didn't support it properly, floored left it uneven, boiler fitter left a hole in the wall and the painter ripped the vinyl and painted my coat and now isn't returning my calls!

I would do this stuff myself but I don't know which end of the hammer to hold so it's probably best I don't!

Use this guys.

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find-tradesmen/

The site was started by a really close friend of mine along with his wife (Mike & Philippa) in 2000.

http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/about_us/

Gone ballistic since and the guy's going to retire a rich man, he's had massive offers to sell the site but is holding out for people he can trust to look after his baby.

gardeners grip my shit.

I am so pissed off by being let down I would do it myself if I could but physically I am no longer able.   they promise to be here and keep making excuses  now I have told the latest guy that if the work is not done by Friday to fuck off.  This has been going on since June ffs!  all I want is membrane down, land levelled off in three places and 3 sheds putting up.  

I have no idea where to turn now!

My laptop is playing up so I bought an external enclosure to back files up on to thinking I could use the 2.5" hard drive from my old laptop. Ordered enclosure, it came this morning. I go to take the hard drive out of the old laptop and realise that 'Past Louis' has beaten me to it and he went on to forget where he had put it. :doh: 
To add insult to injury there are two 3.5" drives next to me and I could have got an enclosure for one of those instead. 

1 hour ago, Louis said:

My laptop is playing up so I bought an external enclosure to back files up on to thinking I could use the 2.5" hard drive from my old laptop. Ordered enclosure, it came this morning. I go to take the hard drive out of the old laptop and realise that 'Past Louis' has beaten me to it and he went on to forget where he had put it. :doh: 
To add insult to injury there are two 3.5" drives next to me and I could have got an enclosure for one of those instead. 

Don't you just hate it when that happens ?

Banks,  the bank I am with has closed two branches her on the island that I use, so getting to spak face to face with someone is not so easy.  Noticed something amiss with my statement and spoke to someone in Delhi.  

Eventually got though to the right(wrong?) person who nicely informed me that I owe the bank a piddling sum .... £29k :angry:

I think I have picked the wrong time to stop swearing

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

.. I owe the bank a piddling sum .... £29k 

I'm hoping that's a technical glitch on their part Rubes:huh:.

Personally I love talking to Indian call centres, they're so polite and friendly compared to British ones; anyone who uses, "exclusively UK call centres" as part of their sales pitch I give a swerve. I've had some lovely chats with Indians, once or twice I've even got them to admit they're in India when they have to pretend they're in Swindon:D.

Hey Rubes, from what I gather you seem to live in Anglesey or nearby.

Don't know if you watch "Safe House" on the TV but lot of it is filmed in Anglesey and the actual Safe House is in Treardur Bay.  It's known to the locals as the Haunted House.  Don't know if you knew that, but I thought I would give you some useless information.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'm hoping that's a technical glitch on their part Rubes:huh:.

Personally I love talking to Indian call centres, they're so polite and friendly compared to British ones; anyone who uses, "exclusively UK call centres" as part of their sales pitch I give a swerve. I've had some lovely chats with Indians, once or twice I've even got them to admit they're in India when they have to pretend they're in Swindon:D.

thanks Mike, no worries about Indian call centres, just too far to go to speak in person.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Hey Rubes, from what I gather you seem to live in Anglesey or nearby.

Don't know if you watch "Safe House" on the TV but lot of it is filmed in Anglesey and the actual Safe House is in Treardur Bay.  It's known to the locals as the Haunted House.  Don't know if you knew that, but I thought I would give you some useless information.

I know the house Bill. :)

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

He was deported, judge wanted to send him to Botany Bay but sadly no longer an option; he has to wear a tag if he ventures back over the Menai Bridge, a sad tale:(.

evil git:shakingfist: