IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

17 hours ago, MikeO said:

Beg to differ John, no canned laughter back in those days. I worked on recordings of Round the Horne, The Goon Show and The Navy Lark among others. They were presented before a live studio audience, canned laughter was a much later invention.

Are you sure?  I have listened to it again and  every time he pauses there is hysterical laughter, even though what he said is not really amusing.  If there was no 'canning' then the audience must have been pissed.  😀

2 hours ago, johnh said:

Are you sure?  I have listened to it again and  every time he pauses there is hysterical laughter, even though what he said is not really amusing.  If there was no 'canning' then the audience must have been pissed.  😀

To be honest John I didn't really listen to it, what I said was based on listening to him playing the character on Round the Horne so in fact it's quite possible that the recording was done separately just for the album and not taken from the live shows, I shall revisit and get back to you.

@johnh100% not canned, having been in the trade I can smell it a mile off and I despise it. The most obvious thing that proves it is that he pauses for the laughter to die down before continuing right from the start, there's no way that that could have been created artificially, it's his comic timing (which is perfect).

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

@johnh100% not canned, having been in the trade I can smell it a mile off and I despise it. The most obvious thing that proves it is that he pauses for the laughter to die down before continuing right from the start, there's no way that that could have been created artificially, it's his comic timing (which is perfect).

I bow to your experience.  Also, his timing may be perfect but his material is crap.  No, on reflection - absolute crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Cooker broke on Sunday, fan coming on in the oven and hob still working but oven won't heat up; might be a cheap fix but the thing's more than ten years old so bought a new one from Currys/PC World. Due to be delivered tomorrow but when I got tracking info earlier it said, "Installation: Not purchased" which was wrong because I did pay for installation. When I finally got through to a human on their helpline he couldn't understand how it had happened but that it needed a "techy" crew so it wouldn't be tomorrow but next Thursday, which is a bit of a pain but never mind. Now I've had an email and text saying it's still arriving tomorrow but no installation. Fucked if I'm going to hang around on their phone system for ever to put them straight, if they arrive tomorrow they've made a wasted journey.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Get well soon either way mate 

thanks matt I am going to the hospital today for it to be checked out again  then tomorrow I have to go for surgery on one eye,  then again next week for the other eye    life is a pain but while I feel the pain I am alive :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Getting up at 5.30 to babysit. Finally got a bit of quiet while they watch Hotel Transalvania 3! Should be home in time for the football.

Mike, you should use 'military time' to avoid confusion.  I'm assuming you missed 'pm' off your post.😁

delivery drivers

today a delivery arrived  I called out I would be right there  (not to point out the obvious but it takes a bit longer now than it used to I am now classed as disabled)  the bastard had wedged the thirty kg parcel in a eay I can not move it and he thing is blocking my front door.  now I am trapped in my house and nobody around to help me

:shakingfist:

On 25/11/2018 at 00:09, rubecula said:

delivery drivers

today a delivery arrived  I called out I would be right there  (not to point out the obvious but it takes a bit longer now than it used to I am now classed as disabled)  the bastard had wedged the thirty kg parcel in a eay I can not move it and he thing is blocking my front door.  now I am trapped in my house and nobody around to help me

:shakingfist:

Rubes how did you get it resolved mate just seen your post I don't normally look at this thread because it grinds my gears😁