IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

It was Paul, nearly five years ago now!

Nothing but admiration for you and people who've been through it Mike and moreso those that treat you all 

That's bloody flown! 

Well my biggest scar is from having an undescended bollock as a baby the full width of my lower torso although I've told people I fell on a fence as I kid to save face 🤣😂  

jaysus h on a bike...…. that was fucking expensive trip you know.... 

I went to Liverpool for bit  of relaxation and to make sure I did relax I left the cars here and went by train …. what a fucking nightmare that turned out to be with kids screaming , mums screaming everyone was screaming and there were no seats left on the train.  

Anyway I got off the train at Walton and got stuck as I had not realised there was no ramp  ….  fuck.  got a taxi for a trip to my missus place,  which was just up the road,  went shopping for her on the same day.  missed my stop and saw a car for sale in a car showrooms,  bought the car..... idiot as I am,  and then her washing machine packed in so I bought her a new one, then the telly died so I bought her a new one then the telly would not fit on the telly table so I bought her a new one then the dvd player fuckin died so I bought her a new one,  wtf?  I am not going back to Liverpool for a month  and when I do  ….  shit I am taking her on holiday for her birthday  fucking expensive this shit.

oh the car that is great if I can get my head around some of it's features.  I locked myself in the back on the way home after I stopped for a rest today  took the best part of an hour to get out of the fucking thing.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

You should've flagged down a passing boat to assist you:D

bastard I had almost forgotten that little mishap  :shakingfist:

naah mate I couldn't wave down anybody for a couple of reasons:

I had parked up in a very quiet place and there were no passing anybodies   not even a noticeable mosquito.   but the main reason was basically I couldn't open a window without power so I couldn't wave to anyone anyway.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Try the Brink or even better venture across the river into Salford to the Oxford on bexley Square. 

Just saw an incredible gig at the Bridgwater Hall, sat in the pub next to the Premier Inn having a couple of pints before bed, worth the total f'king nightmare drive. Hate these new "luxury apartment'" skyscraper buildings going up though, screws my head looking up at them. Thirty floors, my room is 7th and I had to shut the curtains!

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just saw an incredible gig at the Bridgwater Hall, sat in the pub next to the Premier Inn having a couple of pints before bed, worth the total f'king nightmare drive. Hate these new "luxury apartment'" skyscraper buildings going up though, screws my head looking up at them. Thirty floors, my room is 7th and I had to shut the curtains!

I had my graduation there. Glad you enjoyed your gig. Hope you stumbled into Peveril of the Peak little peculiar looking pub usually with people spilling out of it. 

Guess that's another reason you like Greece, no risk of being higher than the fourth floor. It's incredible how many have popped up in the last few years. Investors making a killing. Although it should be the government building then but that's for another discussion. Have safe journey back

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

I had my graduation there. Glad you enjoyed your gig. Hope you stumbled into Peveril of the Peak little peculiar looking pub usually with people spilling out of it. 

Guess that's another reason you like Greece, no risk of being higher than the fourth floor. It's incredible how many have popped up in the last few years. Investors making a killing. Although it should be the government building then but that's for another discussion. Have safe journey back

Wish I had it sounds great from what I can see online. Like this, partial to an occasional Bloody Mary myself...

On 31/08/2018 at 01:10, Matt said:

Tuesday night, I rolled out of bed and split my nose open from top to bottom. Will be in the hospital until Monday apparently and god knows how many stitches they put in. They said it needed double suturing and I’m pretty sure I could see bone once I’d gotten to the bathroom mirror. Hotel room looked like a horror film!

Sounds like you might have rolled into a strange bed two hours away... ;)

Going to Greece tomorrow and just had an email from the property owner (where we've been going for ten tears) saying that he has a group of "difficult" Germans in the apartment we booked, the one we always stay in, and offering us a couple of alternatives. Option one is ground floor with no private outdoor space and option two is second floor which is accessed by outside stairs the my wife can only venture up after a fair few ouzos due to fear of heights (she's been up to have a look when under the influence).

Germans (I call them that but nationality isn'tt relevant) are apparently in their sixties with mobility issues so top floor (which they were initially allocated) isn'tt possible but they're refusing to move downstairs. I've just given the owner option three which is to tell them that the apartment they're in is booked and has been since January by many time repeat customers so they need to get the f**k out. Only four hours before we set out for Gatwick, didn't need this:mad:.

Scratched the hire car today, really hairline stuff that will T-Cut out no problem but I'm really pissed off by it. The owner of the car that I "hit" was the restaurant owner (where we were just about to eat) who was himself directing me in a very tight space. Should be fine as the drop-off is just leaving the car at the airport with the keys under the mat but I'll survey the damage in the morning.

Think I've got too reliant on my cars at home having parking sensors.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Scratched the hire car today, really hairline stuff that will T-Cut out no problem but I'm really pissed off by it. The owner of the car that I "hit" was the restaurant owner (where we were just about to eat) who was himself directing me in a very tight space. Should be fine as the drop-off is just leaving the car at the airport with the keys under the mat but I'll survey the damage in the morning.

Think I've got too reliant on my cars at home having parking sensors.

Mike,  hope the owners car isn'tt a write-off!  I never rely on sensors, good job as mine started playing up, sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't.  Last year, I got reversed into by a Chelsea tractor who claimed his censors didn't work.

7 minutes ago, johnh said:

Mike,  hope the owners car isn'ttt a write-off!  I never rely on sensors, good job as mine started playing up, sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't.  Last year, I got reversed into by a Chelsea tractor who claimed his censors didn't work.

Owner of the car I "hit" is an old friend who was there and guiding me into place, the minor scratches to his pick-up were the least of his concerns, Wife insisted on trying to give him a bit of cash but he refused as I told her he would, bit embarrassing really; he was far more concerned with our damage than his.