IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

nope engine is locked up.  it's dead.  time to find a new car.  FFS

That's crap.

Last time that happened to me was a few years back about a week before I was due to drive up to Gatwick for a holiday. In desperation went to my local mechanics and asked it they could find me anything that would get us to the airport and back and that same day they got me a knackered Peugeot 406 with a dodgy new MOT for £400:). Not only did it get us to the airport and back it ran for another year (finding reverse was a complete lottery mind) before a predictable dramatic MOT failure, I stuck it on eBay and was totally honest about what a wreck it was but for some strange reason it bid up to.....exactly £400:lol:.

I hope you have a bigger budget than I had Mark, good luck.

51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

That's crap.

Last time that happened to me was a few years back about a week before I was due to drive up to Gatwick for a holiday. In desperation went to my local mechanics and asked it they could find me anything that would get us to the airport and back and that same day they got me a knackered Peugeot 406 with a dodgy new MOT for £400:). Not only did it get us to the airport and back it ran for another year (finding reverse was a complete lottery mind) before a predictable dramatic MOT failure, I stuck it on eBay and was totally honest about what a wreck it was but for some strange reason it bid up to.....exactly £400:lol:.

I hope you have a bigger budget than I had Mark, good luck.

not much, maybe after a month of taking the train (1.5 hour ride to work) i could save 3k, or i could just get a newer vehicle now on a car payment, but i don't want the payment or the debt.  argh.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not much, maybe after a month of taking the train (1.5 hour ride to work) i could save 3k, or i could just get a newer vehicle now on a car payment, but i don't want the payment or the debt.  argh.

Don't know about over there, but here, as long as you've got a decent credit history, getting a bank loan is normally a much lower interest rate than taking a dealer's finance plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate being shafted by the law,  I have been totally honest with the DVLA  and now I have had my driving licence withdrawn until I can arrange a 'kin' medical with my doctor  so I have a new car  I can not drive and a doctor who is about ten miles away with no way of getting there  even if I make an appointment ….  ARRGH!:crying:

27 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I hate being shafted by the law,  I have been totally honest with the DVLA  and now I have had my driving licence withdrawn until I can arrange a 'kin' medical with my doctor  so I have a new car  I can not drive and a doctor who is about ten miles away with no way of getting there  even if I make an appointment ….  ARRGH!:crying:

I thought you could barely see?

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought you could barely see?

:lol:  true  but with my specs on I can see things a lot better Romey ,,

but yes my eyesight is not as good as it used to be.  however this goes back a couple of years,  and I have always been totally honest with them  it makes a mockery of being honest imo.  if I was a crook or criminal of some kind I would not say anything and I could still drive many cars as well as my own and I could drive to the doctors at any time.

5 minutes ago, rubecula said:

:lol:  true  but with my specs on I can see things a lot better Romey ,,

but yes my eyesight is not as good as it used to be.  however this goes back a couple of years,  and I have always been totally honest with them  it makes a mockery of being honest imo.  if I was a crook or criminal of some kind I would not say anything and I could still drive many cars as well as my own and I could drive to the doctors at any time.

Then you haven't been shafted at all. You should need a medical so they know you're safe to be behind the wheel.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Then you haven't been shafted at all. You should need a medical so they know you're safe to be behind the wheel.

how many shuld I have to keep my licence?  this is not the first time and every time I am told they just want to let me keep the licence  … yet every time I get a positive result they send me for another  this time they took the licence away first !  All I want is to have a licence to get me to the medical again  surely that is not too much to ask ?

10 minutes ago, rubecula said:

how many shuld I have to keep my licence?  this is not the first time and every time I am told they just want to let me keep the licence  … yet every time I get a positive result they send me for another  this time they took the licence away first !  All I want is to have a licence to get me to the medical again  surely that is not too much to ask ?

You should have to have them regularly because I imagine it's something that will continue to get worse as time passes.

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You should have to have them regularly because I imagine it's something that will continue to get worse as time passes.

Sounds to me like he is, so he’s being responsible, but this time he can’t because they’ve taken his ability to get there away. Seems very counter intuitive in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I  do mate  I really do.  it is damned frustrating though to not be believed when the fact is clear.  (and I need the car)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

L am so pissed off just now.    mu  missus had a cracking  son in law untul he passed away  suddenly earlier this year, and now the young grandson jas been  hity in a rta.  he is in alder hey with  morphine drip, bidted ribs and arm  and pierced lings he is onlu  10 years old  .  am in bits here just now/  I may be away  again for a while...  sorry

=

Bought an external disk drive off Amazon which arrived today...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F8N69ZB/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ad says "ideal for various devices,Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8.1/10, Linux, all version Mac OS system Laptop, Notebook, PC, Desktop Computer."

So I plug it in and it fails to work completely, and breaks my Windows Media Player to boot. Read the microscopic small print in the instructions which say it's compatible with every 'king OS in the Universe apart from Windows 10. Bastards. WMP an easy delete/reinstall obviously but:shakingfist:all the same.

On 06/10/2019 at 16:47, MikeO said:

Bought an external disk drive off Amazon which arrived today...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F8N69ZB/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ad says "ideal for various devices,Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8.1/10, Linux, all version Mac OS system Laptop, Notebook, PC, Desktop Computer."

So I plug it in and it fails to work completely, and breaks my Windows Media Player to boot. Read the microscopic small print in the instructions which say it's compatible with every 'king OS in the Universe apart from Windows 10. Bastards. WMP an easy delete/reinstall obviously but:shakingfist:all the same.

get you money back  ,ate  you know you can  (AND possibly a bit of compo  too)

• 2 weeks later...

Made some major changes in our garden this year (became too labour intensive and neither of us are fit enough to keep on top of it) so we pretty much stripped it bare and started from scratch, it actually looks really good now; patio area then some fencing to give two distinct areas the far side of which we turfed (I say we, daughter's partner did it, all of it to be honest; he's a landscape gardener/tree surgeon in the summer). Grass has taken really well and we bought a new mower about a month ago and were advised (by daughter's partner) to give it one "high" cut before the winter. Problem was that the British weather took charge and it's been too wet to cut. Finally we've had a couple of days and a night of dry/sun so put the (Bosch electric) mower together earlier.....and it didn't work. So took it back to B&Q and they got it to work intermittently, dodgy connection somewhere obviously, and tried to tell me it was working so I said very politely that it plainly wasn't so could I have a new one please and could they demonstrate that it worked every time rather than when it felt like it before I left the store.  They only had the display model left, no problem for me because it meant I didn't have to build it again so I took that. Driving home down the motorway you'll never guess what happened, well you will if you're a Brit; started pissing down again.....so we're back where we started.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Playing football...

The previous two weeks we have won both or our 5-a-side games against decent sides and I even played quite well and scored a couple which is virtually unheard of for me.

This week I go out, can barely kick the ball, any tackle I do make goes straight to another opposition player, score an OG and get trounced. It felt like I had never played the game before.

If I had a cat I would kick it. Probably why I dont have a cat.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Playing football...

The previous two weeks we have won both or our 5-a-side games against decent sides and I even played quite well and scored a couple which is virtually unheard of for me.

This week I go out, can barely kick the ball, any tackle I do make goes straight to another opposition player, score an OG and get trounced. It felt like I had never played the game before.

If I had a cat I would kick it. Probably why I dont have a cat.

😂

My "glory years" were at primary school and local under 12 level when we won a couple of things, high point being scoring all four in a 4-1 win. Then I went to "big" school and went from being a decent fish in a small pond to a crap one in a big pond so never got a sniff of a game; local team jumped to under 14 and I got kicked to pieces on the occasional games I got from the bench. Gave it up and moved on to other sports until I tried out in my twenties for a newly formed team, half way through the first training session I was on my knees vomiting in a corner....and thus ended my football career.

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

😂

My "glory years" were at primary school and local under 12 level when we won a couple of things, high point being scoring all four in a 4-1 win. Then I went to "big" school and went from being a decent fish in a small pond to a crap one in a big pond so never got a sniff of a game; local team jumped to under 14 and I got kicked to pieces on the occasional games I got from the bench. Gave it up and moved on to other sports until I tried out in my twenties for a newly formed team, half way through the first training session I was on my knees vomiting in a corner....and thus ended my football career.

😂

I spent my younger years as a keeper so I was never particularly good out on pitch but generally speaking 5 a side suits me because I don't have to run that far and from my squash days I'm not bad at running short sharp distances. As I am happy to sit back it also means a few teams are happy to have me because they can go and do all the fancy work while I can try and win the ball back quickly and give it back to them before taking another breather 😂

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

😂

I spent my younger years as a keeper so I was never particularly good out on pitch but generally speaking 5 a side suits me because I don't have to run that far and from my squash days I'm not bad at running short sharp distances. As I am happy to sit back it also means a few teams are happy to have me because they can go and do all the fancy work while I can try and win the ball back quickly and give it back to them before taking another breather 😂

You fat b*****d 😉

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I AM NORMALLY A VERY PRIVATE PERSON BUT THE POLLING HALL IS  A LONG WAY  SO EITGER I VOTE  BY POST OR NOT AT ALL  AND I DO NOT THINK THIS IS RIGHT OR FAIR

It's not right mate and you're already too late to apply for a postal vote I'm afraid. Hopefully you've already started the process.

NOPE  THET  WULL  KNOW  HOW I VOTED  IF  I DO THAT.  I  HAVE  OTHER PLANS  IN STORE.   moahahahahhahahah INSANE LAUGHTER INTERRUPTED  BY A FIT OF  COUGHING 

I intend to ask my  cockney mate for a lift to be honest Mike.  I call hinm a cockney  xos he is a goner and speaks like one  he is in fact from  Sligo in Ireland