IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

48 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Right them up and ask for the difference. If they say no, ask for a refund and reorder it. They'll then give you it as it'll cost them to collect and redeliver. You get 14 days for a full refund so unless you get a really stubborn gut you should get difference back without much argument. 

Worth a go thanks Pete. Should actually be easy as we've not got it yet, about a 14 week wait for delivery.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Worth a go thanks Pete. Should actually be easy as we've not got it yet, about a 14 week wait for delivery.

Surprised you managed to bite your tongue in that one. *ring 😜

Fingers crossed. Be an absolute nobhead not to honour it but guess it depends on individual and how much leeway they get with the company policy. Fingers 🤞 

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not a drop of rain for weeks but today, when I have to put out rubbish and recycling for the morning, it's pissing down.:mad:

Then back to full on sunshine tomorrow and for the foreseeable future according to the forecast.:rolleyes:

But it’s good for the garden, I can’t believe I’m thinking this way, I need to get back to work soon before I start thinking I’m Alan Titmarsh 🥀🌻🎋🌺

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tv programmes that either start by giving highlights of the programme I’m about to watch. End with key scenes from the next programme in the series thereby ruining that particular episodes intrigue. Before adverts play a bit of what will be on after adverts and after adverts recap what I’ve already seen, implying I don’t have sufficient memory to recall events from 3 minutes ago and waste more of my time. Thank goodness for Sky+ but it does grind my gears. 

On 04/06/2020 at 01:29, barryj said:

Tv programmes that either start by giving highlights of the programme I’m about to watch. End with key scenes from the next programme in the series thereby ruining that particular episodes intrigue. Before adverts play a bit of what will be on after adverts and after adverts recap what I’ve already seen, implying I don’t have sufficient memory to recall events from 3 minutes ago and waste more of my time. Thank goodness for Sky+ but it does grind my gears. 

This is why I gave up on TV and only have Netflix and Disney+ (for the girls). 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10223996781852584&id=1389288392&set=a.10200167128486143&source=57

Someone has stolen the stones from a graveyard, some of them dating back to the 1800s. Absolute scumbags whoever they are. 

My first thought was when I read what you had written was, why the fuck would you steal headstones then I saw the photo. 
Yes mate complete arseholes stealing flagstones from a church, I fear crime will be on the rise for quite a while due to Covid, so as Shaw Taylor use to say “ Keep em peeled “

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/04/police-smash-car-window-ryan-colaco-tv-interview-racism?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3sRzv3CiXFryOghrbhFRjuZlGRuXry32OLmpbT0fLjjYaYrqk-JP39B8k#Echobox=1593874116

Police stop man on the way home from an interview about getting stopped by the police. 

To get stopped 20 times is far too often. Think that goes beyond institutional racism he's being harassed. Either way our police needs a massive overhaul. 

Also the excuse of smelling weed is pathetic. Blatantly abusing powers. It's not even a class a drug, fuck me if they stopped every car in Liverpool that smelled of weed you'd have a traffic jam. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

"Cute" puppy videos.

Make me want to find a sack, some stout rope, a few weighty stones and then head off to a bridge over a raging torrent.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't drown the dogs, I'd drown the people who filmed the videos.

I take it Andrex wouldn’t be your choice of toilet paper 🧻 🐶

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks ago ordered an RAF WW2 style sheepskin bomber jacket (as pictured) because I've always wanted one so thought, "fuck it why not" (which is actually my mantra to live by these days). Parcel arrived today looking a little on the small side and they'd sent me a fucking yellow T-shirt instead with some inane Christmas message on (pictured as well). Bloody fuming, 'specially as the promised delivery date was Monday this week. Now I have to return the 'king shirt to get a refund, how does that work? They take my £150+ two weeks ago, send me a £2 rag and then don't refund until 6th Jan at earliest, sounds like a bloody cheap way solving cash-flow problems to me:dry:.

Capture.JPG

IMG_20201218_173259332.jpg

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Was it from a reputable company, as that is a special kind of fuck up.

Was from an ebay company who had impeccable feedback when I ordered it but in the last two weeks they've been flooded with negative feedback (including people who've had exactly the same experience as me) and now have zero items for sale. Seems pretty obvious they were running the company down and are now effectively out of business. I'm covered though because if I don't get a refund from them I'll get it from ebay (they were an "eBay Top-rated seller: One of eBay's most reputable sellers. Consistently delivers outstanding customer service") but a pain.

Anyway ordered another one now which is promised to be here by Christmas Eve, believe it when I see it!