IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

On 28/11/2019 at 07:07, Matt said:

At least you weren’t refused again :P 

good to see you’re continuing to ramble on mate 

Thanks  Matty  me old mate  It is good to  be able to pop in  now and again.

On 28/11/2019 at 17:07, Palfy said:

Hiya Rubes me old china hope you’re well, sounds like you’ve got Liam Brady driving you to the polling station😂

Thats one more vote for Labour or the LibDems 😜

Thanks Pa;fy  appreciated  ,ate

Phillip Schofield presenting a programme called, "How To Spend It Well at Christmas with Phillip" while at the same time he advertises the "we buy any car" rip off merchants (he says having more time to spend with your cat is a good reason to sell your car for 50% of what it's worth). Actually makes perfect sense; you lose so much money on the car deal following his "advice" (script) you have fuck all to spend at Christmas. Total knob.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Our youngest daughter got proposed to yesterday (and said yes).

Really don't like the bloke (and he's a Liverpool supporter plus a Lewis Hamilton fanboy), but if he makes her happy I suppose I can live with it.

:rolleyes:

Think it says it all about him that he proposed on Christmas Day. Tacky bastard 😛.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Our youngest daughter got proposed to yesterday (and said yes).

Really don't like the bloke (and he's a Liverpool supporter plus a Lewis Hamilton fanboy), but if he makes her happy I suppose I can live with it.

:rolleyes:

I’ve got a son in law who supports Liverpool if he didn’t support them he’d be alright, but he does so he will always be a dick. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve got a son in law who supports Liverpool if he didn’t support them he’d be alright, but he does so he will always be a dick. 

Only met the guy once at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Only met the guy once at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

If he’s like mine he won’t get in your good books, he thinks it’s clever to try and take the piss after the Derby, I told him in terms that didn’t go down to well with the daughter and Mrs, but like I said to Mandy afterwards this is my house and I’m not putting up with a dick like him taking the piss in my own home. 
Any how I think he got the message he doesn’t talk or gloat about Liverpool when he comes round anymore, mission accomplished 😀👍

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

You’ve only met him once and now he’s marrying your daughter?! He’s gone down even further in my estimation now. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

If he’s like mine he won’t get in your good books, he thinks it’s clever to try and take the piss after the Derby, I told him in terms that didn’t go down to well with the daughter and Mrs, but like I said to Mandy afterwards this is my house and I’m not putting up with a dick like him taking the piss in my own home. 
Any how I think he got the message he doesn’t talk or gloat about Liverpool when he comes round anymore, mission accomplished 😀👍

Young uns these days think it's banter.... wait till you have acceptance before giving it big ones. I never get into footy politics in other people's homes - I'm too polite. 

Fact of the matter is they weren't around when football was football.... they make out they know more than other fans. 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Young uns these days think it's banter.... wait till you have acceptance before giving it big ones. I never get into footy politics in other people's homes - I'm too polite. 

Fact of the matter is they weren't around when football was football.... they make out they know more than other fans. 

Very true mate, some gauge people’s passion on their own, and when you get upset, there like chill man, because it wouldn’t matter that much to them it shouldn’t matter that much to you. 

i gauge their football knowledge on my own.  i'm no footy expert as many on here can attest ;) but i know a decent amount of the foreign leagues, top players, etc.  if you're saying you support spurs and then talk about a bunch of players that no longer play for spurs, you don't support spurs.  you're not a fan.  maybe i'm hardcore, but if you can't even get the current players half right you ain't no fan.

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Kopites are obnoxious, I get a feeling that the club just attracts those kind of fans. I always find it hard trying to talk football to a kopite.

Sometime you meet people on holiday and get talking football, I've met Spurs fans, Arsenal fans, Wolves fans, Villa fans, you name it. But whenever I meet Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd fans you just know you've found an utter plonker

Perfect 👌 

On 27/12/2019 at 13:08, Hafnia said:

hello  haf.   had a good Christmas ?  

On 26/12/2019 at 20:50, MikeO said:

Only met the guy once   at a big family BBQ in the summer. All the kids in the paddling pool and having loads of fun but it was a Sunday and there was a Grand Prix on, another daughter and her partner put a lot of time and effort into the food so when it was ready we all sat down in the garden to eat. He was watching the F1 indoors and asked someone to bring in a plate for him while he watched the whole thing and the aftermath interviews, took an instant dislike, plain ignorant and ungrateful; he has a lot of work to do to get on my right side.

I'm lucky.  Youngest daughter is married to a guy who is a diamond.  Will do anything for us, is a wizard with computers and is a really genuine nice guy.  Eldest daughter is married to a Scotsman - enough said!  No, to be fair, he's OK for a Scotsman.  Talks a  bit too much, difficult to switch him off, particularly when he goes on about Celtic.

7 hours ago, johnh said:

I'm lucky.  Youngest daughter is married to a guy who is a diamond.  Will do anything for us, is a wizard with computers and is a really genuine nice guy.  Eldest daughter is married to a Scotsman - enough said!  No, to be fair, he's OK for a Scotsman.  Talks a  bit too much, difficult to switch him off, particularly when he goes on about Celtic.

He’ll be a bit quiet today then. 

• 4 weeks later...

ypu know what  pisses m off totally?  the fucjing computers we have today  ….   I am not worried by the amount of technology in them...  no  not at all,   what gets me going is trying to gt going when you get a new computer.  especially if you have no choice in the matter.  my computer went  offline  a while ago  and it  wouldn't com back  so I went out  and bought0 a new one.  I have had it for weeks  and  it has proven a real  scumbag to  get to operate properly  and then to top it off the thing came without a monitor  so I sent off for a new one of them too  and when I arrived it had no leads with it  so  I  hunted around  for old leads  then  I thought I had womn it turned out I was only just starting out with the fucker  …. 

to cut a long story short  I found out later on that the monitor I had bought  was in  fact an excellent monitor  but it also had a second function....  IT WAS ALSO A CPMPUTER

anyway  that is  the comp. I am currently on  and it looks  ok    so my sister is getting the tower  unit for the grandkids to use

On 31/01/2020 at 19:02, MikeO said:

Bought a new sofa yesterday for £1295 and the bastards have knocked another £100 off the price today:shakingfist:

Right them up and ask for the difference. If they say no, ask for a refund and reorder it. They'll then give you it as it'll cost them to collect and redeliver. You get 14 days for a full refund so unless you get a really stubborn gut you should get difference back without much argument.