IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Went to dinner with my parents and some friends of theirs.  One couple are liverpool fans and know I support Everton.  The drunk wife bitched about pickford taking out “her baby” van dijk for half the dinner.  FFS insufferable lot even over here in the states!

Nearly vomited there - can't stand shit like that. Similar to how that idiot on RAWK wrote a poem for his "sweet prince" Luis Suarez when he was banned for biting.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Went to dinner with my parents and some friends of theirs.  One couple are liverpool fans and know I support Everton.  The drunk wife bitched about pickford taking out “her baby” van dijk for half the dinner.  FFS insufferable lot even over here in the states!

Just console yourself with the fact that VVD has never gone to a major tournament for his country at 30 years of age, while Pickford is currently at another one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Flakiness.  I think it’s a generational thing, where millennials (of which I am one) don’t understand the concept of “giving your word”.  Their word is meaningless and not trustworthy.  I was raised you only said something if you meant it.

Just don't get why people don't just say they can't be arsed or give an actual estimated time of arrival.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting old doesn't help.  Had arranged a game of snooker today and as I have had a back niggle, decided to soak in a hot bath last night to try and ease it a bit.  I filled the bath quite full and when I was getting out, I slipped and fell back into the bath from almost a standing position.  Fortunately, I didn't break anything but have several bruises and sore bits. I did create a tsunami wave which flooded the bathroom floor.  My mate said I should ensure I land on my head to avoid serious damage!  Back to showers from now on.

2 hours ago, johnh said:

Getting old doesn't help.  Had arranged a game of snooker today and as I have had a back niggle, decided to soak in a hot bath last night to try and ease it a bit.  I filled the bath quite full and when I was getting out, I slipped and fell back into the bath from almost a standing position.  Fortunately, I didn't break anything but have several bruises and sore bits. I did create a tsunami wave which flooded the bathroom floor.  My mate said I should ensure I land on my head to avoid serious damage!  Back to showers from now on.

Glad it's only a few bruises mate, I know I've heard of much worse from friends. 

4 hours ago, johnh said:

Can’t you persuade your wife to administer bed Bath’s John I’m sure that would be much safer and more enjoyable😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a fucking day. Wife is flying back from the US finally after finally being able to go see her family, went to check in at the airport and was told that the 2nd leg didn't exist. Not cancelled, not rerouted. Didn't exist. After 2hrs on hold with Virigin, they sorted it all out and were brilliant. During that time I looked up the status of the flight - the route was cancelled 17 months ago... 

Do not book through JetAbroad. No phone number, no chat function. Granted they replied quickly to the email to tell us it would take them 2-3 days to arrange a change and we'd have to pay the additional costs. Or contact the airline (which I'd done in parallel anyway). 

Why is it so hard to get my wife into the UK?! :crying:

11 hours ago, Matt said:

What a fucking day. Wife is flying back from the US finally after finally being able to go see her family, went to check in at the airport and was told that the 2nd leg didn't exist. Not cancelled, not rerouted. Didn't exist. After 2hrs on hold with Virigin, they sorted it all out and were brilliant. During that time I looked up the status of the flight - the route was cancelled 17 months ago... 

Do not book through JetAbroad. No phone number, no chat function. Granted they replied quickly to the email to tell us it would take them 2-3 days to arrange a change and we'd have to pay the additional costs. Or contact the airline (which I'd done in parallel anyway). 

Why is it so hard to get my wife into the UK?! :crying:

Bloody dreadful, where are the girls stuck?

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Bloody dreadful, where are the girls stuck?

Just C, I've been single parenting for 3 weeks. I sent her back as soon as she got her visa to visit her grandparent. She was stuck stateside but Virgin sorted it quickly once I got through. Now she's stuck in Amsterdam because of health checks etc and they've delayed the flight :(

Just now, Matt said:

Just C, I've been single parenting for 3 weeks. I sent her back as soon as she got her visa to visit her grandparent. She was stuck stateside but Virgin sorted it quickly once I got through. Now she's stuck in Amsterdam because of health checks etc and they've delayed the flight :(

Ah, right. Worse places to be stuck I guess, is she allowed out of the airport or stuck in it?