IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Oh no!! How will I cope?:majoroverreactionalert:

There's an upgrade option, "Vivid IPS FHD display features optional NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics" if ever I should need it.

It's integrated so it's effectively worthless unless you're playing solitaire or something from the 90s/00s.

For day to day stuff though, that won't need upgrading for 10 years probably, depending on what Microsoft does with software going forward.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's integrated so it's effectively worthless unless you're playing solitaire or something from the 90s/00s.

For day to day stuff though, that won't need upgrading for 10 years probably, depending on what Microsoft does with software going forward.

The only game I ever play is from 2004, so we're all good👍

Flawless on ultra high setting on my laptop anyway, so not really an issue:)

Ten years eh? Bloody thing likely to outlive me then!

• 1 month later...

Sorry just need to RANT for a second. 

I work as an admin for a real estate brokerage. We got a new office back in September, and my bosses (a husband and wife CEO/COO team) have demanded that my co-worker and I come into the office 5 days a week. 

First off, what year is it. 

Second, and this part is the most baffling, they WILL NOT let us work from home. I just told him that I'd be working remotely on the 26th (back home in Minnesota) and he said nope, you're either here working in the office or it's a day off. The problem with this is, I've used up all my PTO this year. 

Also, you can't put this protocol into place MORE THAN HALFWAY THROUGH THE YEAR and just call it that. If I would've known this would be a thing, maybe I wouldn't have taken that trip to DC back in February. 

I am actively looking for other jobs, because this is truly a nightmare hellscape to work at. 

Ok rant over. But you have to agree, it's bullshit.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Sorry just need to RANT for a second. 

I work as an admin for a real estate brokerage. We got a new office back in September, and my bosses (a husband and wife CEO/COO team) have demanded that my co-worker and I come into the office 5 days a week. 

First off, what year is it. 

Second, and this part is the most baffling, they WILL NOT let us work from home. I just told him that I'd be working remotely on the 26th (back home in Minnesota) and he said nope, you're either here working in the office or it's a day off. The problem with this is, I've used up all my PTO this year. 

Also, you can't put this protocol into place MORE THAN HALFWAY THROUGH THE YEAR and just call it that. If I would've known this would be a thing, maybe I wouldn't have taken that trip to DC back in February. 

I am actively looking for other jobs, because this is truly a nightmare hellscape to work at. 

Ok rant over. But you have to agree, it's bullshit.

Good luck with the search mate

• 3 weeks later...

Freezer filled to bursting point, son pulls out a draw to try to retrieve something...but it's stuck, plainly something has shifted and is catching on another shelf. So what to do? A rational person would stick their hand in to find the offending pack and ease it out of the way. Son, not being rational, decides to use the brute force approach and tugs on the draw with all his might....bang! Glass shelf disintigrates into a gazillion pieces:doh:

Bodged a temporary fix so it's still functioning happily, new glass arriving Friday.

image.thumb.png.e2b40717b89d0a6310754c90e9ecf8b4.png

• 1 month later...
On 05/12/2023 at 06:41, Matt said:

Going to have to go to town on them now. 3rd attempt and this time it all went as smooth as it could. But they lost the blood work again. 6 fucking months so far, just to get a blood test. 

Oh, I registered a complaint with them after this. Blood work was found in 2 hours and results the next day. Now on my second medication after the first one I reacted badly to.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Animal print fabric, leopard skin in particular; looks great on a leopard, shite on a person...cave dwelling homo sapiens 150.000 years ago I give a pass to.

What about my Fred Flintstone outfit, can you give that a pass please Mike. 

Well we've started day 3 of our trip to Florida and are still stuck in Newark. Should get to Atlanta in about 5 hours then a 6 hour drive with the in-laws before we get to th3 destination. Been up 27hrs now and less than impressed. We'd been booked in a hotel overnight by United, who have been pretty good for the most part, but this hotel, which is 15 mins away by car, said it was going to take 45-50mins to get the shuttle sorted because we were a last minute booking they'd sent the driver home, which is fair enough. But when 1h15m passes and its 23h at night local time, we gave up and the girls have been sleeping on the floor whilst I keep an eye on the homeless and junkies wandering around the airport...

Wonderful trip so far :lol:

Cant do all nighters at 40, not built for it and with all the new medication (still nothing for the adhd), I'm a fucking zombie :rofl:

Oh, and I head back in 6 days...

Edit: this is where we were supposed to stay, looks like we dodged a bullet (figuratively, although reading the reviews...)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/QoHa329mB9e8qD75A

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

I'm three hours into a six hour fast for a medical thing, nightmare. I'd be a crap Muslim, Ramadan would push me over the edge:majoroverreactionalert:

Weird isn't it? I sometimes realise I haven't eaten all day but when you are forced not to is an entirely different thing.

44 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Weird isn't it? I sometimes realise I haven't eaten all day but when you are forced not to is an entirely different thing.

Yup, know the feeling...fortunately home now so rice on the go for a big bowl of chilli, had a sarnie on the way home as well👍

My eating's been so fucked up for the last decade for one reason and another, it's nice to finally have a proper appetite and behaving taste buds:)

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yup, know the feeling...fortunately home now so rice on the go for a big bowl of chilli, had a sarnie on the way home as well👍

My eating's been so fucked up for the last decade for one reason and another, it's nice to finally have a proper appetite and behaving taste buds:)

Pleased to hear it mate. It’s been a long journey 👊

• 2 weeks later...