IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/02/2023 at 21:52, MikeO said:

😂Life eh?

Having a new kitchen fitted at home in a couple of weeks so watch this space!

End result will be good but the upheaval I'm really not looking forward to; company reckon they can complete in two days, we'll see.

How did the kitchen go mate all done and happy I hope. 

On 21/03/2023 at 19:10, Palfy said:

How did the kitchen go mate all done and happy I hope. 

We've had a delay, it's all bought and paid for but the fitter is a friend of a friend doing it off the books (proper kitchen fitter mind) and he's got busy.

Actually quite happy to wait for warmer weather, also all that upheaval with only one semi-functioning arm would be frustrating; I can wait.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

We've had a delay, it's all bought and paid for but the fitter is a friend of a friend doing it off the books (proper kitchen fitter mind) and he's got busy.

Actually quite happy to wait for warmer weather, also all that upheaval with only one semi-functioning arm would be frustrating; I can wait.

I can understand that you won't find many if any decent tradesmen who aren't busy. Shoulder still giving you a lot of trouble then Mike, must be getting you down it's been a few weeks now it's been out of action. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Shoulder still giving you a lot of trouble then Mike, must be getting you down it's been a few weeks now it's been out of action. 

Yep, nearly four weeks now and very little change, they said the pain would ease after three but no sign as yet. Have physio on Tuesday so hoping for some progress then.

On 25/03/2023 at 14:28, Palfy said:

Nightmare mate hopefully Tuesday will be the start of the recovery. 

Was a good, if painful, session; got some new exercises and info, woman was very good. Also told me I'm not taking enough pain killers so upping those, no short term fix but she was happy with the movement I have; it's not stiffening up which is apparently the worry.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was a good, if painful, session; got some new exercises and info, woman was very good. Also told me I'm not taking enough pain killers so upping those, no short term fix but she was happy with the movement I have; it's not stiffening up which is apparently the worry.

All sounds very positive mate, you should be in good fettle for taking the soft top out for a spin in the summer😎

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

All sounds very positive mate, you should be in good fettle for taking the soft top out for a spin in the summer😎

It's SORN at the mo sadly and not moved since fuel pump failure and several MOT advisories when insurance was due last year so decided to take it off the road. I'm currently pondering, as the weather improves, whether to throw the money at it to get it up and running or selling it as is and getting something else....Merc SLK most likely. Decisions decisions.

8 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

What is the soft top Mike?

Have an Audi TT, was actually not something I especially wanted but my wife loved them and always said she wanted one when we retired; so after she died I bought it for her really. Had some fun in it but doesn't really excite me anymore.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

That’s been a long time coming mate, kitchens need to be planned like a military operation. Good luck I’m sure it will all be worth it in 3-4 days time👍

For the last three hours odd I've not been able to get in there because the fridge is blocking the door, all I hear is the guys through the wall complaining about unexpected difficulties and "how the fuck are we going to do that?".

Probably best I steer clear for now:unsure:

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

For the last three hours odd I've not been able to get in there because the fridge is blocking the door, all I hear is the guys through the wall complaining about unexpected difficulties and "how the fuck are we going to do that?".

Probably best I steer clear for now:unsure:

Definitely mate, sounds like the more they see you the more chance they can ask for price increase because of unforeseen issues, get your self down the pub Mike a couple of beers in the garden will soon help you mellow out. 

On 15/06/2023 at 16:09, Palfy said:

Definitely mate, sounds like the more they see you the more chance they can ask for price increase because of unforeseen issues, get your self down the pub Mike a couple of beers in the garden will soon help you mellow out. 

All finished bar the mastik (tomorrow morning), I'm completely exhausted and I didn't do a stroke of work 😁.

On 28/03/2023 at 21:22, MikeO said:

Have an Audi TT, was actually not something I especially wanted but my wife loved them and always said she wanted one when we retired; so after she died I bought it for her really. Had some fun in it but doesn't really excite me anymore.

On 28/03/2023 at 23:19, Gwlad all over said:

You did it for her but if it's not giving you pleasure now she'd understand.

One of the kitchen fitters has bought it:D

So I got a new kitchen and a nice little wedge of cash👍

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...