IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Glad you are covered and will get your money back.  These types of scam are all too common, and almost impossible to spot until they start to rip people off  unfortunately. Ebay should be much better at spotting them earlier.

I always buy anything over £75 on my credit card so I can claim on that if necessary.

The coat looks great, hope it arrives before Christmas.

Well there's a thing! Jacket actually arrived today under a different code number, courier tried to scan but it wouldn't work so she said she'd "sort it later". Consequently I have jacket (very nice) with zero paper or electronic trail to suggest I received it. I'll send it back if they ask for it (and provide postage and packing) but for now I'm saying nothing, I may end up with two for the price of one, fur lining is a different shade in each so I can coordinate my wardrobe better:D

"...at this time" added on to every single expression of condolence when someone dies as in, "We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends at this time."

At what other time would you be expressing such regrets ("We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends next Thursday") ? The last three words are totally pointless, it's even worse when "difficult" is added. "We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time."

Way to state the bleeding obvious, I think people think if they use more words it makes them sound more righteous. Fuck off.

19 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"...at this time" added on to every single expression of condolence when someone dies as in, "We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends at this time."

At what other time would you be expressing such regrets ("We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends next Thursday") ? The last three words are totally pointless, it's even worse when "difficult" is added. "We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time."

Way to state the bleeding obvious, I think people think if they use more words it makes them sound more righteous. Fuck off.

I agree it’s like talking or writing from a script, but it can be very difficult sometimes to find the right words for the people who have suffered a bereavement depending on the circumstances of there loss. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I agree it’s like talking or writing from a script, but it can be very difficult sometimes to find the right words for the people who have suffered a bereavement depending on the circumstances of there loss. 

Difficult to find the right words one on one I agree, I have more recent experience of such things than I'd like, but the prime offenders are governments/organisations putting out official statements. They have all the time in the world and professional wordsmiths to come up with something different, individuals don't spout the same crap face to face.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Difficult to find the right words one on one I agree, I have more recent experience of such things than I'd like, but the prime offenders are governments/organisations putting out official statements. They have all the time in the world and professional wordsmiths to come up with something different, individuals don't spout the same crap face to face.

They are but that’s because in reality they probably couldn’t give a fuck and don’t no the person or the family and come up with the standard quote, which doesn’t bring any comfort to the bereaved so saying it do so for there own benefit, so they can say they’ve done the right thing. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hermes are fucking shite. Ordered some thick curtains off eBay for my garage and received an alert saying that my package had been left in a safe place - the message came through about 3-4 minutes after the delivery time, which was confusing to say the least as the bell hadn't been rang or the door been knocked at.

Opened up the alert to see that the parcel has been lobbed over my gate and the driver has seemingly climbed on said gate to get a picture. 

I've heard that Hermes are shit (this is my first time using them) but Jesus wept. I'd get in touch with them and complain but with the bad name they already have I don't think they'll be too arsed, would just be wasting my time. 

Just glad it wasn't anything delicate or I'd be absolutely bouncing. One to bear in mind if you're ever ordering lads, go elsewhere if you have the option of courier.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hermes are the worst of the worst. Yodel aren't too far behind but Hermes take the crown.

Hermes are dreadful because they use normal "self employed" people using their own cars, pay a really shit rate per delivery (and penalise for failed ones which is why stuff gets chucked over fences) and demand crazy schedules. Yodel are indeed crap but you're right, Hermes are the pits....just blame the company, not the drivers.

This last year I have gone from injury to injury, knee and ankle ligaments in one leg, just ankle ligaments in the other. I accept that playing football against young lads that this is going to happen every now and then but now I have shredded my hamstring going for a run!

I have never had hamstring problems throughout my sporting career (🤔) and now this happens out of the blue and when the only thing I can actually do to try and keep some level of fitness is to go out for a run.

At least I now have plenty of kit to help my recovery.

Is this what happens when you start getting on a bit?

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This last year I have gone from injury to injury, knee and ankle ligaments in one leg, just ankle ligaments in the other. I accept that playing football against young lads that this is going to happen every now and then but now I have shredded my hamstring going for a run!

I have never had hamstring problems throughout my sporting career (🤔) and now this happens out of the blue and when the only thing I can actually do to try and keep some level of fitness is to go out for a run.

Sadly, it will get worse!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

To be honest, that’s been my record since I was 16 so no idea 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Unfortunately it is Bailey as you get older the secret is no your limits but don’t limit yourself that much that you don’t push yourself slightly.

I did my hammy about 18 months ago power walking which took me ages to recover from, walking about 5-6K every morning as quick as I can before breakfast is my thing, then an hour in the Gym with my trainer 3 times a week doing 40 minutes weights and 20 minutes cardio keeps me toned. 
This lockdown is really messing with my routine and playing with my head. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Conveyancing Solicitors, selling my house at the moment and some of these so called intelligent people are grinding my gears with there stupid questions, why does everything have to be so fucking hard. 

I sold my house last year and it was the most stressful period of my life (my wedding planning was a doddle compared to it). What made it even more annoying was that we were purchasing a house from friends of our relatives so it should have been simple, but anything but thanks to solicitors and other idiots. 

You could write a sketch show about it, but living in it was frustrating to put it incredibly politely - so glad that it's over and we're all sorted. 

Hope the move goes well mate, just take each day as it comes. 

29 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I sold my house last year and it was the most stressful period of my life (my wedding planning was a doddle compared to it). What made it even more annoying was that we were purchasing a house from friends of our relatives so it should have been simple, but anything but thanks to solicitors and other idiots. 

You could write a sketch show about it, but living in it was frustrating to put it incredibly politely - so glad that it's over and we're all sorted. 

Hope the move goes well mate, just take each day as it comes. 

Thanks mate I think I’m going to need it.  

• 1 month later...

Can't grind any gears because I just went out to spark up the TT and go for a legal cruise with the roof down and it's completely dead:crying:. Been starting it up religiously all winter to make sure it didn't die and it started first time every time, now the first chance in ages to use it in anger.....nothing. RAC on the way.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Can't grind any gears because I just went out to spark up the TT and go for a legal cruise with the roof down and it's completely dead:crying:. Been starting it up religiously all winter to make sure it didn't die and it started first time every time, now the first chance in ages to use it in anger.....nothing. RAC on the way.

Good grief, been waiting two and a half hours since calling the RAC but no word so got Josh to phone them and their expected arrival time is 9.51, so just the six and a half hour wait. Good job I'm at home and not in the middle of nowhere. I'd have got really shitty with them but Josh is too polite.